Euphoria - 01

NYC, Friday 9:31 pm

Ke'lannie Sky'e King.

I blew smoke out my nose and wiped my eyes complementing on jumping over the bridge, the stars sparkled while the city was utterly silent and peaceful.

I shook my crazy thoughts off and continued my walk to my house taking another pull from my blunt.

it was cold outside. probably around midnight, but I loved it.

"Hey pretty lady." A random drunkie called out stumbling over, I kept walking not frightened by the skinny man.

I finished my blunt and stepped on it continuing my walk, I felt empty, I didn't feel sad or happy, I felt like I was just there, no emotions no nothing.

Wiping another tear I opened my house door being hit with the cool air.

I lived completely alone in a one story house, sliding my slides off I locked my door and went into my bedroom and posed in my mirror that was attached to my dresser.

I looked in the mirror and smiled throwing up the peace sign.

"Your pretty ugly."

"Oh thanks." My face froze along with my body realizing I don't live with anyone.

"Don't do that stupid shit no more." I clutched my chest looking at my best friend, Namari.

"You need to quit leaving your door unlocked, now take your meds." He said motioning towards the half empty pill bottle that was next to and half drunken water bottle.

"Mari I really don't need them." I whined cracking my knuckles , I sometimes take pills for my anxiety and adhd, I'm not meant to take them everyday and eventually I'm supposed to get off of them but for the time being, I have to take them.

"Lannie." He spoke sternly, he swears he's my father.

"Fine." I picked up the half drunken water bottle and took my pills like he said with an obvious attitude.

I met my best friend, Namari , when I was 12, he fought this boy who was picking on me for being skinny and ever since then we just clicked.

"C'mere." He mumbled pulling me into him, don't get me wrong Namari is cute and all but I didn't see him that way nor did he see me that way, plus he has a girlfriend, he talks about her all the time. That man is in love .

"Why were you crying?" He asked making tears form in my eyes once again, when people ask you questions like that it makes you want to cry again.

"I was missing them." I admitted biting down on my lip.

He knew exactly who I was referring to since he was actually friends with my brother and was pretty cool with my father.

"Wanna watch movies and eat snickers til we're fat?" He asked moving a strand of hair out of my face.

"Yea." I said hoarsely knowing if I kept talking I'd cry.

*************************************************
NYC , Saturday 1:20 pm.

Ke'lannie Sky'e King

"Wake up." I heard feeling someone shake my shoulder.

"Leave me alone before I shoot you." I grumbled as I rolled over and put my cover over my face.