Our Story (Wait, This Makes it Sound Like an Autobiography)

K.C.: *eyes widen as another notification pops up on her Fly Pad* Guys! We have a new question! *waves them over*

Pip: *raises his eyebrows, still reading from his own Fly Pad* Is that for you only again?

K.C.: No *shakes her head* This is for all three of us!

Freddy: Ooh! *leaves the babies he were playing with and runs over to K.C.* Who's it from!

K.C.: It's from GuppiePower

Pip: *walks over to them, still skeptical* And what's the question? *peers at the Fly Pad from over the koala's shoulder*

K.C.: It says... *starts reading from the Fly Pad* How did you guys form the Rock-a-tot-Tots?

K.C.: *beams* Oh, I've always wanted this question to turn up eventually! Well, we got into making the band around a month after Pip and Freddy got into T.O.T.S...

Freddy: Yeahyeahyeah! K.C. was done singing her lullaby to the babies and then Pip started singing it! He was really good as well! *smiles at the penguin*

Pip: *rolls his eyes with a smile* So then K.C. thinks I have potential

K.C.: *smiles proudly* And I wasn't wrong! Then I thought that maybe we could be singing buddies or something *shrugs as she takes a sip of her apple juice because she just had it* I mean, my bro and I were singing buddies before and when I had to leave, I really missed having someone to sing with

Pip: Then Freddy tried to butt in and I love him for that *gives a small snort* Then K.C. asks if we can play anything. I can play the piano... Like most animals who could play an instrument... Freddy didn't play anything though, but K.C. set him up with some maracas. We didn't have a piano because — would it even fit here? Then K.C. taught us her lullaby, then we started meeting everyday for music practice and putting the babies to sleep, and then one day just decided to be a band *shrugs*

K.C.: Hope that answers your question! *smiles*

((And because I was bored I ended up writing a oneshot...
And then I got bored writing the oneshot so I stopped...
If you want to see it, I've left it here...))

+*+

Another Good Day
Rock-a-tot-Tots Founding Oneshot
1000 words only
Because I am lazy. Hah, you think I know what I'm actually doing? Guess what? I don't!

+*+

    K.C. had just finished her work for the day and there were no more babies, so she had started roaming around the halls, heading to the cafeteria. She passed a hallway and saw something she thought she would never see again after leaving home for T.O.T.S. A young penguin and flamingo.

    They weren't that young though. The penguin just appeared to be fourteen years of age, and the flamingo appeared to be two years younger, based on their bird growths. K.C. pursed her lips. They seemed to have been wearing T.O.T.S. uniforms. Her face scrunched up in confusion.

   That was odd... Only T.O.T.S. workers wore those uniforms, and only storks were T.O.T.S. workers... Unless... Unless they were actually T.O.T.S. workers... K.C. was just about to turn around and head to Captain Beakman's office before some remarkable singing caught her large purple ears.

   She turned around to see who it was. It was the penguin. He turned out to have a really good voice. A soft and gentle one, too. Just perfect for the babies. She wondered if they were willing to join her... She shook her head. They probably didn't. Besides, she could do this on her own.

    +*+

    K.C., Pip, and Freddy became fast friends. Whenever Pip and Freddy had the time to, they would head over to the nursery to see her, and the same as the other way around. It was a nice friendship.

    They were now sitting around the floor of the nursery, the babies fast asleep in their cribs as K.C. sang a lullaby she had composed and written all by herself. It was hard, but it actually sounded nice, and she had quite the talent for singing, if she were being honest.

  K.C. smiled but before she could sit down and turn to face the two birds with a smile on her face, she heard some humming behind her. Soon, the humming turned into mumbling then into singing. She had to admit, it sounded nice. She turned around to see who it is, and it was Pip.

   "You have a nice singing voice over there," K.C. said with a smile as she sat down and pulled her turquoise skirt over her legs. Freddy nodded dreamily as he watched his best buddy. Pip stopped singing and opened his eyes. He seemed to have been unaware of what he was doing.

   "You're voice still could use a little work and we could add more layers to your singing if you want. You have a lot of potential," K.C. said with a smile, hoping to not scare off the penguin. She really wanted to work with Pip. It had been a while since she last had a singing partner to work with.

   "Thanks..." Pip said, trailing off, looking extremely grateful, as if this was the first time someone had congratulated him with his singing. K.C. frowned. This penguin seemed to have known he was decent, but he didn't see into his own potential. K.C. would make sure that he would.

   "Can I join, too?" Freddy asked excitedly, hugging his best buddy, eyes wide full of eagerness to learn. K.C. giggled then raised her eyebrows. She did not hear Freddy sing yet, but maybe with the right training and practice, he would be able to sing well. She nodded.

   "Okay, sure! Can any of you play any instruments?" K.C. asked with a smile. She gestured to the guitar layong on her lap. She had a particular gift when it came to string intsruments like these. Most of her family could play guitar, and it was a talent she had also received, and she liked accompanying any of her singing with it.

   "I can play the piano?" Pip said, but he sounded quite unsure, and he shrugged, clearly thinking that piano didn't count seeing as most animals did choose the piano above all instruments to learn to play. K.C. did not really like that mentality. All instruments are nice, and if you could play the piano, then so be it.

   "Well, we don't really have a piano here, but we do have a xylophone and last I checked, they were similar enough," K.C. said with a smile and shrug, heading over to a sideroom where she had kept all her instruments. It was nice and organised, a private place to practise, but with Pip and Freddy, it might change soon, and she wouldn't mind.

   "I can't really play anything yet." K.C. heard a voice behind her say. She jumped back in surprise, knocking over her music stand in the process. She picked it back up as she turned to face the flamingo and penguin, biting her lip in thought. Her eyes landed on the percussion instruments.

    "Here's the xylophone, Pip. Freddy, you can take these maracas. They're simple enough. Just make sure you shake them on beat," K.C. said, handing a beautiful dark blue and white xylophone to the penguin, and then handing two colourful marracas to the flamingo.

  "Wanna practice now while the babies are still sleeping?" K.C. asked as she closed the sliding doors to her mini music room. It was now only Pip, Freddy, her, and her instruments, and she could honestly not ask for anything more. Well, besides a snack when they were done, but that was beside the point.

   "Sure. What song do you want to play?" Pip asked as he got ready with his xylophone, absentmindedly doing the notes for what K.C. recognised was 'Silent Night.' The koala pursed her lips. She thought of a song that all of them could play. Something that coukd have her guitar, Pip's xylophone, and Freddy's maraccas. Then it hit her. Her lullaby.

   She had spend the next hour or so teaching them the notes of the song that she had spent quite a while to compose. Pip could now play the lullaby with just some help from the music sheet she had made, while Freddy, who happened to be really talented with percussion, already mastered the beat.

"That was great! The babies are going to wake up any time soon now, so maybe we can continue playing tomorrow?" K.C. asked the two of them with a smile. Pip gave a nod and a shrug while Freddy bobbed his head up and down with excitement. K.C. smiled. Tomorrow would be another good day.