Six - Draco

Thalia got at least 5 stitches. How she managed to be so bloody stupid I'm not sure. I nearly showed up late to potions the next day and took my usual seat next to Pansy. "Why did you guys run off in the first place." She asked me clearly annoyed. "That's not your business parkinson." I snapped, giving her a death glare. I didn't want anyone to know that I had actually helped Potter.

Once class finally started, I realized Thalia wasn't there. I kept looking back to see if she'd arrived but there was no trace of her. "Where's Thalia?" I asked Pansy quietly after snape allowed us to begin working. "hasn't left hospital wing Yet. She's been dizzy." She explained in a hushed voice. "Serves her right. She should've known better than to do something so stupid." I laughed. Quickly noticing the glare snape was giving me I refocused on my work. "What did she do anyways." Pansy asked a second time. "I already said it was nothing." I growled back.

I returned back to the common room and finished the work that I didn't do in class as quick as possible. I then ran upstairs to find Zabini in the room. "Hi Malfoy." He said, waving. "Zabini." I nodded in return. "Did you hear? Dumbledore's gonna be stuck in hospital for at least a week." He laughed. "Can we just call her Thalia. Makes me feel weird - calling her the headmasters name." I said quietly. "Sure bud." He laughed as he walked out the door.

~

The next few days were long and boring. It was almost time for the Yule ball and I was dreading it more and more every day. All I hear about now is the Yule ball. How frustrating it was. Pansy was going with some older boy from Durmstrang. And I was having trouble deciding on wether I should go at all.

"Mate, did you hear. Longbottom is going with Weasley." Crabbe exclaimed after returning from the great hall. I didn't bother replying. They were both mental anyways. "You're just upset because you don't have a date." Zabini teased. "I don't even want to go. I'd rather spend a night in the hospital than go to the dance." I said, rolling my eyes. "Just make it happen." Zabini said. "What do you mean, make it happen?" I asked "Well Thalia's still in hospital, supposed to come out tomorrow, and tomorrow's the dance. Make something happen, so she has to go back. And you can offer to take her." He explained with a smile. "I'm not sabotaging her. You should've seen that cut. We can't mess with it. She could get hurt." I snapped. "Whatever Draco, I guess you've gone soft." Zabini laughed.

Classes were cancelled the next day. So I made a special trip to Hogsmeade and I picked something up. On my walk back, I noticed someone stumbling through the snow. "Thalia?" I called out. "Oh Malfoy. Hey." She yelled over to me. I started walking after her. "What are you doing here. You're not even supposed to be walking until tomorrow." I snapped at her. She gave me an evil glare, trying to use her eyes to scare me off. "That's not your business Malfoy." She said angrily. I watched her walk away. I ended up kicking a pile of snow in frustration. But couldn't force myself to just walk back to the school.
"Thalia wait!"

She turned and looked back at me. I ran over to her. "I don't know why you're here but I have to take you back." I told her as I placed my hand on her left shoulder. "What?! No you don't Malfoy. I can handle myself." She snapped. "No Thalia you can't. You can barely hold your wand up properly. I'm taking you back to your uncle." I said grabbing her hand and trying to Bring her with me. "No Malfoy. Shove off." She yelled resisting me. "Fine then." I decided. Letting go of her hand And scooping her up. "What are you doing. Put me down!" She said starting to squirm. "I'm not letting you go. So give up princess." I whispered softly in her ear.

When we got back to the dorm many people were there and the headmaster was standing in the middle of the room. "What in the hell is going on here." I asked as soon as I walked in. "Oh Mr. Malfoy. Have you seen Thalia anywhere? She's not in the hospital wing and her wound is terribly infected." He explained. I stared at him for a moment before Thalia walked in behind me. "She was in hogsmeade." I said casually. He immediately took her and left the room. I shrugged and started to walk upstairs. "Malfoy, where are you going. The dance is tomorrow, if she's in rough enough shape.... This is your chance to miss it!Brilliant plan bringing her out there." Zabini called from the common room. "I didn't bring her there and I've no interest in saving her again. Now if you'll excuse me. I have other things I could be doing." I snapped.

~

I woke early the next morning and I let out a large sigh. "Happy Christmas Malfoy." Zabini called from his bed. "Ya. You too." I replied as I forced myself to roll over. I made my way to the washroom and I took a quick shower. I debated doing something with my hair but I just decided to quickly brush it and let it flop wherever it wanted.

~

I reluctantly put on my black tuxedo and made my way out of the dorm. In the common room girls were helping each other with hair and makeup, everyone was comparing outfits and talking about what kind of music they thought would get played. "Hey Draco." I heard Pansy say from behind me. I turned to see her in a very ugly yellow dress. "Pansy." I said quietly. "My date Kinda bailed. Wanna come with me baby." She said. I could tell she was trying to be cute. "No Pansy. I'm not interested." I said walking away.

I was walking around the school when I heard Potter and granger talking in the hall. I quickly stopped and backed up against the wall to listen. "You should've asked Thalia. It would've been a great way to find out About Draco." Granger said. "Yea Well, shes not really the type of person I want to take to the ball Hermione. I'm supposed to make an impression. Not take the girl with the scary eyes." Potter said. He sounded angry. "Her eyes aren't scary." I whispered to myself. "Just dance with her Harry, get closer to her. Everyone will understand once you explain why you had to do it." Granger said softly.

I made my way to the dance. I could feel the anger boiling inside of me. I wanted to strangle Potter. I could already hear the music playing. I was definitely late. I walked in and looked over at the dance floor. There Thalia was. Dancing with Harry. Laughing with him as if he actually cared for her. She was wear the most gorgeous dress. Long sleeves dark green with a silver looking belt. Her hair was down and waving as she moved. And Her smile was just amazing. I couldn't help myself as I walked over to them.