Twenty nine - Thalia

Draco split up with me to sit with the other Slytherins while I sat with Harry and Ron. Hermione was off somewhere with Ginny. "Looks like your bruise is starting to go away." I joked with Harry once we got settled into the compartment. He rolled his eyes at me.

"It's your fault, you shouldn't of taunted him." Ron pointed out. I had been upset with Harry after hearing the full story but Draco didn't listen. He stayed, just like I had asked him too. "Where is Malfoy anyways?" Harry asked.

"He thought it might be best to sit somewhere else during the train ride." I replied. I had sep curled up on my lap. he'd been sleeping a lot lately. Only waking up to eat something. "God I wish we could've stayed." Ron complained

I gave him a questioning look. "Umbridge. I haven't gotten a detention yet but Harry's was the worst. You're lucky you didn't get what he got." I remembered the week I had spent in detention. Umbridge only used the cruiciatus curse once. But just thinking of the pain it had caused made me feel sick.

"Are you okay Thalia?" Harry asked. I nodded slowly. I hadn't told anyone about that night. My bruised wrist had only just healed and I didn't know what Draco would do if he found out.

~

I was tired as hell when we arrived back at the school. I told Harry and Ron that I was going straight to bed. As I was sleepily making my way through the corridors I accidentally ran into someone. I almost laughed thinking it was Cedric as always. But when I looked up a bit I noticed a lock of platinum blonde hair.

"Draco?" I asked. But when I finally lifted my head and stared into his face i realized it definitely wasn't him. The man staring down at me looked like Draco but also didn't. "You should watch where you're going little girl." He snapped.

Definitely similar to Draco. I couldn't seem to find words. "You're Thalia Dumbledore aren't you." He realized. I nodded slightly. A huge smile spread across his face. "I'm Lucius Malfoy." He said, holding out his hand. I took it carefully.

"Walk with me?" He asked, although it sounded more like a demand. I nervously followed him out to the courtyard. We walked mostly in silence. "You know my son, Draco?" He asked. "Uhm yes sir." I replied quietly. "We're in the same house."

After a long time of silence he finally spoke up, "I thought you were dead." He whispered. I froze completely. The only people that knew about the night in the graveyard were the ones there. "I should really get going." I said starting to walk away when I felt a firm grip on my arm. He tugged me back over to him, causing a shooting pain up my arm. I briefly felt one of his many rings cut through my skin.

I didn't say anything else. I noticed him looking me up and down but stop on the necklace around my neck. He used his long cane to lift it. He stared for quite a while. "Tell me Thalia, do you and my son get along?" He asked. I tried to think.

They congratulated him. They wanted Draco to bring me, that was his job. And when he was arguing with Cedric in the hall, he made it clear he hadn't meant for me to follow him. He would've risked everything for me. Everything he did was to protect me.

"No. We hate each other." I spat. He seemed shocked and slightly loosened his grip on my arm. I used that opportunity to break free and run back inside.

~

By the time I made it back to the common I was out of breath and dizzy, my arm was aching beyond belief. It was the same one that Umbridge had bruised. I wasn't sure I could handle being grabbed like that.

I said the password out of breath and made my way in quickly. I was greeted by Draco whipping around to face me from his spot on the couch. "I was so worried about you. Potter said you went to bed but when you weren't in your room -." I cut him off by throwing my arms around him.

I just wanted to be held by him for a long long time. I felt like crying. "Thalia? Hey? Are you alright??" He asked carefully removing my arms from around his body so that he could see my face. I allowed myself to start crying. "I met your dad." I choked out.

Draco's face went cold. I had never seen him this angry before. "What did he do?" He asked. His voice was completely void of emotion. "Nothing Draco I'm fine b-."

He reached out and grabbed my arm. I only just noticed that the cut was a bit larger than I thought. "You're bleeding. Did he do that?" Draco asked. I couldn't really think. I was staring down at my arm. It wasn't a terrible cut but I didn't think a ring could cause that much damage.

"Answer me!" He yelled. I flinched away from him. I couldn't help it. I watched his face turn from anger to worry when he noticed me back away. "Oh no baby. I'm sorry. I'd never hit you. I'm sorry. I won't yell again I promise." he sounded like he was about to cry. "It's alright." I whispered. "I don't know why I got scared in the first place."

I felt myself relax a little. He came towards me slowly and put his arms around me as gently as possible. I allowed myself to hug him back. He held me tightly for an extremely long time. I felt much more tired now that I was relaxed and with him.

"Can I sleep in your room tonight?" I asked quietly. He let out a small laugh and nodded. "Come one, sep and munch are already up there." He said taking my hand and walking slowly up the stairs with me.

I cleaned out my cut quietly so I didn't wake up Blaise and i borrowed a t shirt from Draco to sleep in. I climbed into bed with him and closed the curtain as quietly as possible.

I snuggled against his chest and listened to his calm breathing. He started to play with my hair after a while. I smiled remembering the first night I spent with him. "I'll make sure my dad stays away from you." He whispered in my ear but I barely understood since I was already half asleep.