Forty four - Draco

The second Bellatrix cast the spell, I watched Emily and Thalia disappear. "That brat." Bellatrix screamed as she threw her wand at the floor. "You've failed." Someone announced. We all turned. The dark lord himself had arrived. I felt the mark on my arm start to burn. "No I haven't, I killed her. She's dead." My aunt screamed in rage.

Voldemort only laughed. "The killing curse couldn't harm her that time. Don't you remember when we tried last time. You would've had to hit her twice. Why else would your stupid daughter run off with the body."

I watched as my aunt realized what had happened. "Find her." Voldemort snapped. Everyone immediately apparated off, except for my family. "You lied to us Draco." My father yelled as he shoved me to the floor. "I don't know what you mean." I said as I refused to meet his gaze. "Lucius, he only said there was no proof she would be able to survive another curse." My mother said quietly.

"Shut up Narcissa! He knew. He's in love with her. Of course he will say anything to protect her." My aunt snapped. "Family doesn't lie Draco." My father said slowly. I stood up quickly. "Then why didn't I knew she was here for the last 2 months." I growled.

My father seemed shocked that I even brought it up. "How many times did you bring her up and torture her?" I asked while glaring at my aunt. "Seven." I heard my mother whisper weakly. I brought my gaze to the floor. I felt like I was going to throw up.

Before they could say anything else, I turned and ran up the stairs before locking myself in my room.

~

I sent an Owl to Emily asking if Thalia remembered and if they were okay. It was getting late and I was starting to worry. I had been sitting on my bed and staring at the window for hours. I suddenly felt extremely tired and i couldn't at all stop myself from falling asleep.

~

"Draco!" I opened my eyes to see nothing but white covering the ceiling walls and floor. I looked around and froze when my eyes landed on my cousin. "How did you -."

"Nevermind that, we are alive and safe. I need you to do something for me." She said quickly. I nodded slowly. "Does Thalia remember?" I asked. She glared at me. "We don't have time Draco." She snapped.

"This whole thing. It's bigger than the boy who lived. It goes back much farther and there's much more to the story. Harry may be able to kill Voldemort but the only person who can truly finish him is Thalia. She's special Draco. My father told me that she would be important. I made a promise to make sure she did what she was meant to do."

"And what is she meant to do?" I asked slowly. Emily smiled at me for a moment. "Harry's parents, do you know why Voldemort feared them so much? They were soulmates."

I tried to remember the very little I knew about soulmates. I shook my head. "No not possible. Soulmates are never born at the same time. They never end up together."

"But sometimes they do. Very rarely, but they do."

I felt myself wanting to faint. "What are you saying?" I asked slowly. But everything started to shake. I watched Emily start to disappear. "The spell, it's over!" She yelled out. "I'll be back again in a few days and I'll explain the rest! October 31st 1951!"

~

I shot up in bed. I was drenched in sweat and breathing heavy. I quickly pulled off my shirt to let my skin breathe. I felt like I had just run a marathon. It took me a moment to process everything. I wasn't sure, but I think Emily was implying that Thalia and I were soulmates. If that was even possible, I barely believed that Lily and James potter were.

Love had always been known as the most powerful magic. That's why it's so rare. There was a knock on my door and I groaned before getting up and opening it to see my mother. "Draco, are you alright?" She asked. I nodded. She glanced at me for a moment. I reluctantly backed up so that she could enter.

"I never wanted her to get hurt, the dark lord seemed eager to know something." My mother explained slowly. "Thalia doesn't know anything. She hasn't done anything. You got rid of Dumbledore. You can leave her alone now." I snapped.

"Draco, you don't understand. Thalia disappeared for over 60 years. And for her to show up out of no where still so young and powerful, he wants answers." She whispered. I glared at her. "Mother, Thalia is the same age as me. You're making no sense." I said.

She gave me a confused look before realization crept onto her face. "Of course." She whispered before turning and walking out of the room. As soon as she was gone I grabbed the quill on my desk and quickly scrawled out the date, October 31st 1951.

I then threw in a jumper and quickly ran down the stairs. I was just about to walk out the door when my father stepped in front of me. "Where are you off to?" He asked. I glared at him for a moment. "The library." I whispered. "You're not going anywhere until your little girlfriend is found." He snapped.

I almost gave up before I remembered that I could now apparate. I smirked at him before I quickly focused and allowed myself to be pulled out of the manor.

~

I arrived at the library in Diagon Alley and snuck in as the doors shut for the night. I immediately started heading towards old newspapers and searched for the date. There were boxes and boxes full. As soon as I found the one labeled 1950's I got excited.

But the excitement went away quickly when I realized that I had no idea what I was looking for. I lazily started to throw each paper that seemed useless. I was about to give up when I noticed something on one of the papers I threw across the room. I scrambled over to it and picked it up quickly.

End of the Dumbledore's.
Last night after a large explosion, Ariana Dumbledore and her husband Jackson were laid to rest. The search for their 13 year old daughter, Thalia Dumbledore, has begun but no news on where she could be at this time.

My heart stopped a bit. This article was written on November 1st 1951, Thalia shouldn't of been born then. If she was she'd be older than my parents. It didn't make any sense. I ripped out the page and folded it before shoving it into my pocket.

Emily had a lot of explaining to do.