Seventeen - Thalia

"Bloody hell. I think I deserve better classes than this." I snapped. Harry quickly swiped my schedule from my hands and looked it over. "That's pretty terrible Thalia. We've got dark arts together though!" He said excited. I looked up to see Ginny giving me another one of her favourite death glares. "That won't be fun with the teacher they've given us." I pointed out.

Yesterday my uncle announced Delores Umbridge. She was dressed in all pink and looked like the type of aunt that would bully their single nephew. "This is terrible." Ron complained. "Do you think my uncle would let me switch classes if I asked?" I rolled my eyes. "It shouldn't be to horrible, right?" Hermione said hopefully.

~

I walked into the class with Harry, Ron and Hermione taking deep breaths when I say professor Umbridge standing at the front of the class with a huge smile on her face. "Welcome! I've assigned seats! I hope that's not to much of an inconvenience." She said happily. I rolled my eyes. "I'll just need your name then." She said getting slightly angry with me.

"Thalia Dumbledore." I told her carefully. When I looked up she gave a terrified look. "You'll be sitting with Mr. Malfoy right there." She said pointing to the back of the class where he was sitting alone, focused on something behind him. I turned and made my way to the seat next to him. "Hi." I said sitting down and placing all my things on my desk.
He jumped slightly. But looked up and seemed surprised to see me. "I have your ferret." He whispered. "What?"

He reached into his hood and pulled out a sleeping septemus. "How did you get him?" I asked angry. "He was in the common room when I got in last night, he followed me to my room." Draco explained quickly. I nodded. I completely believed him which was a shock. But septemus keeps his distance from everyone and he seemed to adore Draco more than me.

"The ministry does not want you learning useless spells that you won't need, so we will simply study. No wands." Professor Umbridge explained quickly. I raised my hand immediately. "How are we to defend ourselves?" I asked. She gave me an uncertain look. "There isn't anything you need to defend yourselves against." She replied. "What about Voldemort." Harry called out from the other side of the class where he was seated next to Neville. Umbridge flinched slightly. "Voldemort is gone. I won't have you making false accusations." She snapped at Harry.

I immediately stood. "I saw him too." I snapped at her. "He isn't making up anything." Umbridge gave me a cold glare. "Detention for both of you." She yelled suddenly making me jump. Draco grabbed my arm and pulled me back down in my seat. "Shut up Thalia." He told me.

~

I left dark arts with Harry and we split up as he went to magical creatures and I made my way to herbology. To my surprise, Draco was in that class as well. I stood on my own in the corner and he came up to me. "Where septemus?" He asked casually. "Shit. Fuck." I swore. I forgot him under my desk in Umbridges class. I grabbed my things and started leaving. "Where are you off too Thalia?" Draco called after me. "I left him in dark arts." I called back.
He was suddenly running beside me. "I'm coming with you." He announced.

"No offense draco but I don't want your help." I snapped. "Then good luck getting your pet back because there's no way you do it alone." He reminded me. "Fine. Let's go."

I was about to just open the door to her classroom when I heard voices. "Shit, she's teaching Draco." I said defeated. "Can you distract her?" He asked. I nodded, trying to think of something extremely quick. "Bring him to your dorm when you get him okay? And I'm sorry."

"FLIPENDO." I yelled as loud as possible, pointing my wand at Draco. He flew backwards making a large crash noise. It only took Umbridge a second to come out and see me holding my wand at Draco. "Mrs. Dumbledore. I'm sure your head of house would love to hear this." She snapped grabbing me roughly by the arm and dragging me away. She stopped briefly in front of Malfoy, "get to class now."

I could feel the pain shooting up my arm and she tugged me down to the dungeons where snape's class was. She pulled me into the classroom, I saw Ron, Hermione and Zabini giving me terrified looks. "Severus, i suggest you control your students." She said to snape as the whole class watched. "And what did miss Thalia do this time?" He asked slowly.

"She hit Draco Malfoy with Flipendo right outside my classroom!" Umbridge yelled in a completely disapproving voice. "Yes, well you're disrupting my class so why don't you decide what to do with her Delores." Snape snapped. I heard some snickers from other students and Umbridge dragged me out of the room.

~

I made my way up to Dracos room as soon as lunch started. I had a large purple bruise on my arm where umbridge held her death grip. I could only pray that Draco had gotten Septemus out of the class. I began banging on his door which he opened almost immediately. "I got him." He announced. As happy as I was, I could only notice the fact that he was standing there just in a towel. His hair was dripping wet and seeing him shirtless was probably the best thing I'd ever see.

"Do you wanna come in?" He asked laughing at my expression. "Shove off Draco." I said pushing past him. Our skin rubbed together briefly which was enough to make my heart race. I saw Septemus sleeping at the end of what I assumed was Draco's bed. I was about to go over to him when I noticed something hanging on the wall right above his bed.

"Is that a drawing of me?" I asked reaching for it. "Don't take it off the wall please." Draco said. I allowed my hand to stop. I carefully moved closer to his wall. Sure enough, there I was in my green dress that I had worn to the Yule ball last year. There was also a drawing of septemus and plenty of the school. Even one of Romeo and Juliet, the exact copy he'd gotten me.

"Draco, these are amazing." I whispered. "What?" He said looking up at me in absolute shock. "You don't think I'm weird? Or that I should be focusing on more important things?" He asked slowly. "These are perfect. You're amazing Draco Malfoy."