Forty one - Thalia

When everything finally stopped moving we were granted a small opening which we entered quickly. On the other side there was a large lake and an island in the very middle of it. "There's a
Boat there." Harry pointed out. I looked over to see that there was. But it was already halfway to the lake.

"We could swim across?" Harry suggested. "No, that would be far to easy." I thought for a moment. "Harry come here." I said. He made his way over to me slowly. "Hold your hand out." I whispered. I gave me a confused look but did as he was told. Nothing happened. "Why don't you try it." He decided. "You're a lot more powerful than me." I told him.

"Thalia, The Albus Dumbledore is your uncle, his whole family are some of the most powerful wizards of all time, if anyone is meant to do it, it's you."

I thought for a moment. No doubt my uncle would've done this for us if he was here. I put my hand out carefully. I could see that I was shaking, Harry carefully placed his hand on my arm to steady me and then there was a chain in my hand. "Pull." I said. We both tugged at the chain and the boat started to move closer. "Keep going!" I yelled. It took a few minutes but we did get the boat close enough to climb in.

The boat moved fast and we were at the island in no time. There was a green light coming from the middle. Me and Harry ran there faster than ever. When we made it I could make out something at the bottom. "That's the horcrux!" Harry said excitedly. He was about to reach in when I stopped him. "Don't touch the liquid." I whispered. I carefully pulled his hand back.

"What is it?" He asked. I thought for a moment. "I'm not sure but I have to drink it. That's the only way to get to it." I decided as I examined the small scoop next to the the potion. "How do you know?" He asked. "I don't. But there no way we can just reach our hand in." I replied. He gave me a challenging look before sticking his hand right in the potion.

"Okay, pick up the horcrux then." I demanded. He smirked, I could see he had a hold on whatever was in it. But when he pulled his hand up, he couldn't take it out. "Let go of it." I sighed. Once he did his hand slipped out easily. "I'll drink it. Make sure I keep drinking it and don't take any for yourself. Otherwise We'll have to restart and then we'll both be at a wack." I explained. He nodded.

"What do you think it is?" He asked. I didn't want to tell him and I didn't want to be right. "The drink of despair. That's the only potion that would make sense." I whispered. He looked worried, I wasn't sure he knew what it was, but that didn't matter. I carefully picked up the scoop and got the first sip ready. I brought it to my lips slowly. "Make me drink all of it." I whispered before I started drinking it.

~

"I love it dad, I really do." I whispered to him. He had just given me his wand, I wasn't sure why, he said he would like a new one, but I would keep his old wand safe forever. "I'm glad." He said pulling me into his arms. "I'm home!" I heard my mom call from downstairs. I gave my father and excited smile before getting up.

I ran down the stairs quickly and threw my arms around her. "How was work?" I asked. My mother worked at the ministry, she loved it. "It was quite interesting, today me and Arthur had to deal with many raids." She said to me. Arthur was her partner at work, he seemed nice, but I'd never met him.

"Father gave me his old wand." I told her excitedly. She smiled at me. But her eyes looked sad. "Ariana!" My father called out when he made it down the stairs. He pulled her into a tight hug and gave her a kiss on the cheek. Suddenly there was a loud crash from up stairs. "What's that?" I asked, i was about to go investigate when I was pulled backwards. "Stay behind me." My father demanded.

~

"No stop, I don't want to see it again." I cried out, shoving Harry away from me as he tried to make me drink more. "You've drank most of it Thalia, just a few more." He whispered. I was in so much pain and I couldn't think. I couldn't keep going. "Please Harry." I begged. He shook his head before bringing it back to my lips.

~

I watched my mother fly backwards into the cabinets. "Mom!" I screamed as I made my way over to her. She was unconscious. I looked up to yell something at my father when something went off. I found myself flying through the air. I threw my arms in front of my face as I felt glass shards cut into my arms. I landed somewhere. I groaned in pain and looked beside me to see that I was laying in rubble.

I turned to look in the other direction and I say my fathers dead eyes staring back me. "Dad?" I whispered. He didn't reply. I crawled my way over to him ignoring the pain shooting through my arms and legs. "Dad." I said again when I got to him. I started shaking him.

"Thalia!" I turned to see my mom standing behind me. I got up and stumbled over to her. "I think, I think he's dead." I said quietly as the tears streamed down my cheeks. My mother pulled me into a hug and I held her for a very long time. When I looked up I saw a man in a black cloak

I was about to remove myself from my mothers arms when he spoke. "Avada kedavra." He shouted. I didn't process what was happening until I felt my mothers full weight collapse on me. I held her up the best I could. "Mama?" I whispered. She didn't reply. I lied her down carefully before standing to face the man on the black cloak.

I pulled out my father wand. He started casting killing curse after killing curse which I dodge each easily. He looked shocked. "EXPELLIARMUS!" I screamed. His wand immediately went flying from his hand. I caught it quickly. "That's enough Lucius. You've failed. Go report back to your boss." Someone snapped behind me.

I turned to see my uncle Albus. He was standing next to my mother with his wand out. I looked back at the man as he apparated off. I stood there for a few moments before I allowed myself to collapse.

~

"That was the last one, you did it!" Harry yelled from his spot near where the potion used to be. I felt dizzy. I wiped tears off of my face and I tried to stand. When Harry noticed he rushed over to me quickly, I could make out a small locket in his hand. "Come on, we can leave now." He whispered.

"I'm thirsty." I told him. He gave me a worried look. "We can get some water from the lake." He suggested. I thought for a moment before slowly walking towards the lake. I cupped my hands and brought the water to my lips.

I felt better instantly but things suddenly went dark. I was about to pull out my wand when I felt my hand get pulled towards the lake. "Harry!" I yelled before I was dragged under the water. I was being grabbed by multiple different things that I couldn't see. As I was pulled further and further under I felt like giving up. I was starting feel dizzy. I allowed my eyes to close and the first thing I saw was Draco.

We were kissing. There were tables set up in the great hall. It looked like the time we had to do the owls in the great hall with Umbridge. I missed Draco. It was strange how I suddenly wanted him all the time. I wanted to see him again. I decided that to make that possible, I had to fight.

"Reducto!" I yelled as I pointed my wand down. Most of the creatures I got enough off of me and i started swimming back up, but I was only grabbed by more. I tried to scream but I couldn't as the water filled my lungs. Suddenly there was a bright light from above me and I was shot out of the water.

"Thalia, are you okay?" Harry asked rushing towards me. I nodded and looked up to see my uncle casting some type of spell. There was fire swirling all around us. "Come on, we need to go." Harry said as helped me up and we ran towards my uncle.

~

We apparated back to the astronomy tower and my uncle collapsed again. "Are you okay?" Me and Harry said at the same time. "Go and get professor snape." He told Harry. "No one else just Snape." Harry nodded and was about to leave when we heard footsteps.

My uncle gave us each a worried glance. "Hide. Under. Don't come up and don't make a noise, no matter what you see or hear." He snapped. Harry turned to go but I hesitated. "Go Thalia." He demanded and I forced myself to turn and follow Harry.