Fifty four - Draco

"I'm glad you're actually able to leave bed now." Ron joked as I helped him pack up the tent. "The potion Hermione gave me is actually helping quite a bit." I whispered. I was lying of course. My head was pounding and moving only cause more pain.

"Ready to go then? We should get moving soon, otherwise we'll have some issues with death eaters." Harry called from where he stood with Cedric. "We could just apparate." I snapped back at him. "No. We can't. You can't handle it right now. The walking will be hard enough on you." Emily said while grabbing my arm and pulling me alone with her.

"What happened Emily?" I asked again. None of them wanted to tell me anything about their trip to Godrics Hollow, but they way they acted told me that it didn't end well. They wanted to leave as soon as they got back.

"Nothing happened." She snapped. I rolled my eyes and allowed her to continue dragging me further and further away from where we had set up camp. "I can walk on my own." I growled after a few moments. I didn't have the energy to tug my arm away but luckily she got the memo and let me go.

"It'll take us a few hours to get to the next campsite. If you need a break, Draco, just let us know!" Granger called from her spot next to Weasley far ahead of me. Great. Only a few hours.

~

We ended up stopping after about an hour of walking. "This is going to take a lot longer than I thought." Harry complained as I finally allowed myself to collapse onto my back. "It's not his fault Harry." Cedric reminded him. "No, that's true, it's Thalia's fault. She shouldn't of decided to just leave like that." He growled.

I started to feel angry and I forced myself to sit up. "Let's not forget that you are the one that asked her to go." I shot back. He looked shocked at my sudden outburst but his face told me that he knew I was right.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to see Emily. She smiled at me slightly before turning and walking away. "Come on Draco, the tents up, you can rest for a few hours before we head out again." Hermione said while making her way towards me. I nodded and slowly started to stand. I had to balance myself on a nearby tree to keep from falling over.

Hermione reached out and grabbed my arm. She was gentle and slowly led me inside the tent where she laid me back down on the bed I had claimed as my own. I waved to her and she closed the curtains.

I didn't think I would sleep, sleeping was difficult. I just needed to lie down and think. I reached into the pocket of the sweatpants I was wearing and pulled out the photo with Thalia's hand writing scrawled on the back. I smiled at it again.

She somehow knew I would open that book. Maybe she had placed it there on purpose. I closed my eyes for just a moment and thought about her.

~

"You can't mean that he's had it all along?" I asked while looking into the face of a man I didn't recognize. "I believe so. He just didn't want you to know right away. It would distract you from the task at hand." The man whispered. "No Newt, my number one priority is getting back to Draco. If my uncle already has the horcrux then he can destroy it himself." I snapped.

"No Thalia, he can't, you know that." Newt complained. "Then you do it. You destroy the locket. I'm going to find a way to get back to my boyfriend. I can feel him getting weaker and weaker." I whispered. My voice faltered slightly.

"Where will you go?" Newt asked. "To see someone dangerous."

~

I shot up and felt a sharp pain go through my spine. That strange dream had felt just like the time I fainted in the forest. If that was really happening than that meant Thalia was trying to come home. I rolled out of bed slowly, trying to ignore the pain. I grabbed a quill from out of my bad and a small piece of parchment.

I scribbled down the name Newt. If this man was still alive, maybe he could tell me something about Thalia. Maybe he knows if she found a way home.

"Draco! We need to leave." Emily yelled while throwing the curtain open. "Oh, you're awake." She whispered when she saw me standing. I quickly shoved the parchment into my pocket. I didn't plan on telling anyone about this just yet.

"Of course I am, you said only a few hours." I joked. My head was already starting to pound again and I had barely done any moving. "Do you need any help?" She asked. I shook my head quickly. "No, I'm okay, I'll meet you outside."

She smiled at me again before turning and running out of the tent. I flipped around and started to look through Thalia's large pile of books, I knew I had heard the name Newt somewhere but I wasn't sure if it was a wizard or a muggle.

"Newt Scammander is the author of Fantastic beasts, we read it in our first year." Hermione said while walking by the room. "Wait, how did you know that?" I shouted to her. She didn't turn around or call anything back. She just acted like she had never heard me at all. I laughed a bit but immediately regretted it as the pain went through my chest.

"Are you still alive." I whispered out loud. "Malfoy come on!" Someone screamed from outside. I forced myself to turn and run out of the tent. Granger knew a lot more than she was letting on and i was going to figure it out. I was going to get Thalia back.