Forty two - Draco

I ran up the stairs quickly. I was greeted by only Dumbledore. "Where is she?" I asked slowly. Dumbledore looked confused for a moment. "That's not why you're here Draco." He said. "Maybe not why I'm meant to be here but I don't plan on killing you." I snapped. He looked shocked.

"Please, sir. I just want to see her." I whispered. He nodded slowly. "Thalia, you can come up." Dumbledore called out. I turned to the opposite staircase. Potter walked up holding Thalia's hand. She look tired. She was all cut up and looked as if she had been in some type of fight. I immediately moved towards her and threw my arms around her.

She didn't hug me back but I didn't really care. I just needed to hold her. She pushed me away after a few moments. "You're going to kill him." She whispered. "No, Thalia, that was never my plan." I tried to explain. She gave me a look.

I was about to reach out for her again when she was pulled backwards. I looked over to potter to see that he was also gone. "Go on Draco. Kill him!" My aunt called out as she walked forwards holding onto Thalia. I froze but when I noticed that she didn't have her wand out I stood my ground.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to see my mother. "Do it Draco." She whispered. I was shocked that she was here. This is the last place she would want to be. When I looked back over at Bellatrix i noticed her slip her wand out. Maybe she didn't think I saw. But I forced myself to pull out my wand and point it at Dumbledore.

"Expelliarmus!" I called out. Causing Dumbledore's wand to fly out of his hand. "Draco stop it!" Thalia screamed. I looked over at her to tears streaming down my face. I couldn't do it. I started to lower my wand when I heard a voice from behind me, "Avada kedavra!"

I watched Dumbledore stumble backwards and fall over the railing. I could hear Thalia's sobs and Bellatrix's laughter from across the room. I turned around to see Snape holding out his wand. "We need to leave." He whispered as he tucked his wand away. I watched my parents and some of the other death eaters start running out of the room.

I immediately rushed over to Thalia and placed my hands on her arms. "I'm so sorry." I whispered to her. She shoved me away. "You're going to hurt me. Just like you hurt him." She snapped as she pulled out her wand.

"Baby, I would never lay a hand on you." I said as I tried to move towards her. She put her hand out and her wand pressed against my chest. "That's bullshit Malfoy. We've always hated each other. Don't suck up to me." She snapped. "Stay away from me."

I had completely forgotten that she didn't remember everything we had gone through before. She wouldn't trust me. She had no reason too. I looked over at potter who looked just as angry before I turned and ran after my family.

As I ran by the great hall I noticed Bellatrix standing on the hufflepuff table kicking things off. I had to fight the urge to run over to her and punch her right in the face. She ruined everything.

I wiped the tears from my eyes and forced myself to make my way out of the school. As we neared the forbidden forest I heard someone yell from behind me. "How could you! He trusted you!" I turned to see Potter standing with his wand pointed directly at Snape.

I watched my aunt start walking towards him but Snape stopped her. "He belongs to the dark lord." He whispered. My aunt glared at him but slowly backed up. "Flipendo!" Thalia yelled as she appeared over the hill. I watched Snape go flying across the grass. "Thalia stop!" I yelled over to her. "You're going to get hurt."

She glared at me. I could hear Harry throwing more curses at snape and screaming at him to fight back. I carefully made my way up the hill towards Thalia. She kept her wand pointed at me the whole time. "Leave please." I whispered to her. "Stop acting like you care Malfoy. Everything you've done has been to get rid of me." She snapped.

It hurt when she said that but I kept myself from crying. "Thalia, I love you. More than anything. I would've rather died that night than have you forget me. I'm sorry for putting you through all of this." I whispered as I felt a tear fall down my cheek. I watched as she slowly lowered her wand.

"I almost died tonight. I saw us kissing. In the great hall. Did that actually happen?" She asked. That day in the great hall. "That was our last kiss." I remembered. She looked up at me. I could see tears in her eyes. "You're lying." She cried out as she pulled out her wand. "I could never be with someone like you."

I stumbled backwards slightly. I guess that was all I needed to hear. I forced myself to turn and walk towards my father. I didn't even bother protesting when I heard Bellatrix say incarcerous. Or when Thalia's screams started. I carefully placed my hand on my mother's shoulder. "We need to leave." I whispered. She nodded before apparating us back home.

~

I ran up to my room and collapsed against my bed. At this point there was no holding back the sobs and screams. I felt like i had been stabbed a hundred times in the chest. She said she could never love me. Maybe she never did. Our whole relationship could've been a lie and I was to blind to notice.

I didn't deserve her anyways. I found myself suddenly ripping the sheets off of my bed and pulling pages out of the sketch pads that I had filled. I wanted to destroy everything around me. I wanted to feel nothing.