Fifteen - Thalia

Over the summer I learned more about my eyes. My left eye had turned a very normal cyan type blue. But the other remained the same. I had chopped most of my hair off and done a few more spells on my scars, it hurt a lot but I could barely see then now, which allowed me to dress how I wanted.

School would be starting in a few weeks. My birthday passed recently which I spent in Hogsmeade with Cedric and Cho. I was officially 16. I decided I would go to the Weasley's with Ron, Harry and Hermione and ride the train with them instead of heading to school early. My uncle said one year i could bring friends but not until I was older.

My school things were packed aside from a few books that I would be taking to the Weasleys with me. My uncle agreed to take my things ahead of time so i didn't have to worry about anything on the train. I also received a baby ferret for my birthday. i decided to name him Septemus. My uncle gave me permission to bring him to school so long as I kept my eye on him.

~

I arrived at the Weasleys around lunch. My uncle handed me my bag with all of my clothes before waving goodbye and apparating off. Septemus was sleeping happily around my neck as I made my way to the doors. I heard lots of noise coming from inside. "Sorry buddy." I whispered to my pet as I carefully reached out and knocked on the door. It was opened immediately by one of my favourite people. "Hi Ron!" I said happily reaching out and hugging him. "Thalia's here!" He called after letting me go. He led me inside where everyone was sitting at the table.

"Hello dear!" Mrs. Weasley said giving me a hug. "It's nice to meet you." I told her. I carefully hugged Hermione, Harry, the twins and introduced myself to a few other family members that I hadn't met yet.
"You look like you belong here Thalia." Mr. Weasley pointed out. My red hair definitely made me look like a Weasley but I knew my other features completely changed that.

I stayed with Hermione in Ginnys room. It was incredibly awkward. I had a feeling Ginny didn't like me very much, but I wasn't sure why. Once everyone had gone to bed I carefully made my way downstairs with a book. I snuggled up on the couch and began to read.

It was Romeo and Juliet. The book Draco had gotten me. That I could never bring myself to finish. Every time I read the first sentence I would begin to feel sad. I missed him. And the way he had read this to me was amazing. I wasn't sure I'd be able to finish it.

"Hey, can't sleep?" I looked up to see Harry coming down the stairs. I shook my head and held up my book for him to see. "Oh I see, I was about to go for a walk if you'd like to come." He offered. He made his way outside, I debated for a moment but ultimately chose to join him.

I walked out with a blanket from the couch wrapped around me. He laughed. "It's not that cold is it?"
I smiled at him before walking over to a bench near the end of the yard. We sat down and I put my blanket over the both of us. "You missed a lot that night." Harry said in a sad voice while staring at the sky. "I know." I agreed

We both sat in silence. For a little. I rested my head on his shoulder and thought. "You know, we danced together once." I pointed out laughing slightly. "You should've gone with Malfoy." Harry said. My heart stopped for a moment. "Yea." I agreed. We sat for a little longer.

"Harry?" Someone called. I removed my head from his shoulder and turned to see Ginny standing in the doorway. I tried to wave but she only gave me a look. "I should go talk to her." Harry said getting up and leaving. I watched them head inside together. I allowed myself to curl up on the bench, using my arms as a pillow.

~

We woke up early on September 1st. It was extremely chaotic. Lucky for me all I had to worry about was the small bag I brought and Septemus who was either always around my neck or following close behind me. I was dressed in jogging pants and a t shirt, I let my hair do it's own thing now that it was short. I looked pretty, I would definitely admit that. I'd changed a lot over the summer and in a good way.

"Need help there Harry?" I asked walking past the boys room. "Yes thanks." He said, I kneeled by his trunk and started taking things out, folding them and placing everything back in so it would all fit. "You're bloody amazing at organizing things Thalia." Ron said watching me work. I laughed. Giving them each a small wave before leaving the room, Septemus quickly following behind me.

"Hello Mrs Weasley! Anything I can help with?" I asked. "Oh no dear, we've got everything under control here." She said running around the kitchen. I felt quite useless so I went back up the stairs. Septemus was tired already so I allowed him to hangout around my neck for a little.

We finally made it to kings cross station just before 11 am and we quickly boarded. This would be my first time on the train and I was more than excited. I followed Harry, Hermione and Ron to a compartment. Me and Harry sat on one side with Ron and Hermione on the other. I carefully took Septemus off my neck and placed him on the ground, "go explore for a little!" I told him. He immediately ran out of the compartment. "Is he okay to do that?" Ron asked. "He's very well behaved."