Thirty four - Draco

I stared down at the dark mark on my arm. After this summer, I realized it really was better that Thalia didn't remember our relationship. If we were still together I'd have to distance myself to keep her safe. I kept an eye on her at school. I kept my distance but made sure she got to each of her classes safely. With what the dark lord wanted me to do, she wasn't safe anywhere.

I was sitting in the room of requirement. I had been working on the vanishing cabinet but I was getting no where. I was beyond frustrated. Every time i saw Thalia I had to keep myself from running up to her and telling her everything. The note I took from her a few weeks ago.

I didn't really remember what it said but I didn't want to open it. I had hope that I would be with her again one day. Maybe. I glanced up at the clock. I still had hours before it was morning and I had no idea where to start. I groaned and kicked something that was on the ground. This was helpless. It was all my fathers fault, with him now in Azkaban things were getting out of hand.

"Do you miss her?" Blaise asked from behind me. I had almost completely forgotten he was there. "Ya." I whispered. I was great full for his help, he's done a lot for me. "You know, Blaise, you don't need to be here." I told him quietly. He let out a small laugh. "Draco, your my best friend, of course I'm going to help you."

I smiled at him. "We should head back to the common room I guess." I decided starting to head for the door. "I think I'll wait around here for a little." He called over to me. I looked over my shoulder and nodded before heading out the door. As i walked out i ran directly into someone. "Ouch, watch where your going!" Someone snapped. I looked up to see Thalia. She was in pyjamas and she looked gorgeous. I was staring at her intensely.

Her hair was a mess and her eyes were sparkling in the light that was illuminating from her wand. "Malfoy. Why are you out of bed?" She asked and i was forced to try and focus. "Uhm, I could ask you the same thing." I snapped back, trying to sound witty. "I was going for a walk if you must know. I haven't been sleeping very well." She explained in a much calmer voice.

I felt myself panic slightly. Everything that could be going wrong was in my head. "Why not?" I asked. She gave me a look that told me she was extremely confused. I didn't think she was going to tell me anything at all. "I've been having these dreams. They seem so real it feels like i don't get any sleep." She started. I gave her a concerned look and she continued,

"Just last night, I had a dream that I was in a dorm, I think it was mine. I kissed someone, a boy and we were talking about a mirror. It's just that, when I wake up, i can never remember who the boy is. But I'm always so happy in those dreams."

I froze. That was the first time we kissed. She was re living her memories. The ones that my aunt stole from her. I wanted to tell her badly that the boy she saw was me. That all of those things had happened. But now, i was tasked with killing her uncle and I didn't want her to love me just to hate me all over again.

~

"Figured anything else out yet?" I asked Granger as we were walking through the courtyard. "No not yet, but I'm looking!" She announced excitedly. I appreciated her help but we seemed to be spending a lot of time together. It was odd. I could tell she was enjoying the research.

As we walked I looked over at the lake and saw Thalia sitting next to someone. "Is that weasley!?" I asked surprised. Granger gave me a sad look. "Yea. That's Ron." Thats when it clicked. Granger liked him. "Are they, together?" I asked. I didn't think Thalia and Weasley even got along. "No, I don't think so, but they sure are getting close." She snapped.

I had to keep myself from laughing. "What could you possible see in Weasley." I choked out. She turned and gave me and evil glare. "What could you possible see in Thalia." I have her a look. "I'm sorry, I forgot." She whispered.

"It's whatever Granger." I said quietly as I started walking back towards the school, I was nearly there when I heard someone calling my name. I turned around to see Thalia running after me. "Malfoy, I need your help with something." She said once she reached me.

"Do you remember last year, the room of requirement?" She asked. "You remember that??" I yelled out without thinking. "Why wouldn't I? Why does everyone think I shouldn't remember things! Did something happen that I don't know about?" She snapped. I messed up.

"No nothing happened." I whispered. "Awe did you two break up?" Somebody else called out, I turned around to see Pansy Parkinson with some of the other Slytherin girls. "Break up? Pansy we were never a thing." Thalia replied in a serious voice. Pansy let out a small laugh. "That's not what it seemed like, with you two constantly snogging and Draco was completely head over heels in lo-."

"Shut up Parkinison. One more word and you'll wish you'd never been born." I snapped turning on her. She gave a terrified look but recovered quickly. "What was it you said that day in Umbridges office? She means everything to you? What a joke Malfoy."

I was tempted to start crying and when I turned around Thalia looked extremely confused. I pulled out my wand slowly so I didn't draw attention to myself. "FLIPENDO." I yelled as I pointed my wand right at Pansy. She went flying across the courtyard. "Malfoy, what are you doing?" Thalia called out trying to grab my arm.

I ripped out of her grasp and started making my way towards Pansy. As I got closer to her she stood and pulled out her wand. "Expelliarmus!" She called out. I carefully dodged her terribly aimed spell and continued towards her. I was about to cast another spell when when my wrist was grabbed. "Draco, stop. Please." Thalia whispered to me.

I couldn't help but carefully lower my wand. She called me Draco. I turned to face her. I wanted to reach out and kiss her, I nearly did before she moved away from me. "There's something seriously wrong with you." She snapped before turning and running off.