Forty nine - Thalia

Once I shoved my way into the elevator I was greeted by 2 other people. I carefully shoved myself into the left front corner of the elevator. "Aren't you getting off Albert." Umbridge said to the man. He looked towards the girl in the elevator before walking off awkwardly. I nearly laughed at the way he carried himself. But I froze when I noticed the girl looking at me.

She squinted her eyes in my direction. I shrugged against the wall and after a few moments she returned her attention to the elevator door. When we stopped Umbridge began walking off. She stopped after taking a few steps out of the elevator. "We'll come Mafalda, we have places to be." She snapped before turning and continuing down the hall. Mafalda was about to walk out of the elevator but she stopped.

"Thalia, if you're in here, and I'm fairly certain you are, follow me." She whispered. It only took me a moment to realize who I was speaking too. Hermione was Mafalda. She ran as fast as she could in her heels to catch up with Umbridge. I slipped out of the elevator just as it was about to close and I ran after them.

We entered the very first room at the end of the long hall. There wasn't anybody there yet but Umbridge took a seat in the big chair. Everything seemed to be surrounding her. Hermione took a spot right next to her. "Perfect, we can begin then." Umbridge whispered.

She waved her wand and a chair popped up slowly from the floor, i had to jump to the side to avoid being taken with it. A female was sitting in that chair and she looked terrified. "Mary Cattermole." Umbridge called out. She was about to say something else when footsteps sounded from behind me, I turned to see to men running in, one was from the elevator.

"Ah Mr cattermole, how lovely of you to join us." Another man said, I hadn't realized that he was there. Mr cattermole was soaked from head to toe but Mary still took his hand. "Is this the wand that was taken from you upon your arrival at the ministry?" Umbridge asked while holding up a simple black wand. Mary nodded. "And where did you get this wand?"

"I got it at Olivanders when I was 11." Mary whispered. "Liar! Muggles can't get to Olivanders." Umbridge snapped. "Tell them Reg, tell them that I am a witch." Mary started to cry out while grasping at her husbands arm. I looked past them slightly at the other man, the one from the elevator. He was slowly making his way closer to Umbridge.

"Arthur! What are you doing?" She snapped. "I must not tell lies professor." He said just loud enough for us to hear. "Harry." I whispered. Before he could do anything he would regret with all these other wizards in the room I had to think quick. Aside from Umbridge there were three others and they didn't know I was here.

I threw of the cloak as fast as possible and pulled my wand out, facing it at the man sitting by Umbridge. "REDUCTO!" I yelled before quickly turning my wand at the other man who was slowly standing. "EXPELLIARMUS!" His wand went flying across the room. Just as I was about to cast at the final person, I felt something hit my back and I was blasted across the room.

I landed on the floor near the entrance. I looked up to see that Umbridge was the one who hit me. I looked beside her to see Hermione reach for the locket but fail when Umbridge grabbed her hand and slammed it backwards. I could hear the crack of her wrist even from across the room.

I started to get up and race towards them when I was stopped. Harry had his arms around my waist to restrain me. "It's this locket you want? Have fun getting it!" Umbridge screamed. "PRAETERITUM!" she yelled while pointing her wand up. A large purple vortex seemed to open. She smirked at us before throwing the locket in.

"No!" I yelled, finally breaking through Harry's grasp. "SECTUMSEMPRA!" I screamed at her as a last ditch effort. She completely dodged the spell. Suddenly Hermione had her arms around me and we disapparated.

We re apparated just out of the room. "I can't apparate out of the ministry. Run!" Hermione yelled. The other were completely back to their normal selves and none of us stopped to think for a moment before running as fast as we could through the ministry. By the time we climbed all of the stairs and made it back to the main lobby there was security coming at us from all directions.

Hermione cast a few spells, knocking things over as we ran. I looked around for a way out when I remembered the fireplaces lined across the wall. "The fireplaces!" I yelled to the others. We all bolted but as soon as we made it close to one the gate would close. "IMMOBULUS!" I yelled cause the gate that was about to close to freeze. Harry Ron and Hermione made it in perfectly, my freezing charm was just about to wear off when I jumped in after them.

~

I could barely understand what was happening. First we ended up coming out of a fire pit. I remembered someone had followed us. Hermione apparated once and then Apparated a second time. I only felt the cold when i opened my eyes and i was on the ground.
"Ron!" Hermione was yelling. I got up quickly and looked over. Ron's arm was cut up and bleeding badly. "Thalia in my bag there's a-." I didn't need her to finish.

I ran over to it and carefully placed my wand at the entrance. "Accio bottle!" I whispered. A small vile came flying into my hands and i ran over to where ron was laying on the ground. Hermione reached her hand out but I saw the way it was awkwardly bent to the side.

"Let me and then I'll fix your wrist." I said quickly. She nodded and grabbed her wand before standing. I carefully dripped a few drops of the liquid in the vile onto Ron's arm. He definitely wouldn't be better anytime soon, but it was a start. I looked up to see Hermione casting what sounded like some type of shielding charm.

I looked around before realizing that Harry was no where in sight "Harry!!" I yelled. There was no response. "He ran off after something when we arrived." Hermione explained quickly while retaking her seat next to me. "He left Ron here?" I asked in disbelief. "No he didn't know, neither did i." Hermione whispered.

I could see how guilty she felt. "It's not your fault he got splinched Hermione." I whispered. She shrugged. "He just wouldn't stop following us, i had to get him distracted, I forgot that Ron failed his apparating exam, I shouldn't of been so stupid." She groaned. "You weren't being stupid. The way you handled it all was brilliant" I whispered. "Here, let me see your wrist."

She held her bloody hand out to me slowly. I held it gently in my left hand and picked my wand up with my right. "Brackium Emendo." I said. There was a large crack and Hermione winced in pain but it seemed to be back to normal.

"You did much better than Gilderoy Lockhart." She laughed. "Who's that?" I asked. The smile faded from her face for a moment before she stood up. "Nobody. Here help me get this tent up so that we can get Ron inside and go find Harry."

"If we slowly travel we can end up at the meet up just before the two week mark and you can see Draco again." She said with a smile. I smiled back but there was a pit in my stomach that was telling me something was wrong.