Seven - Thalia

Me and Harry were dancing. It was quite hard to believe really. I was dancing with the Harry Potter and he was the one that asked me. I was beyond happy and I felt gorgeous. I had been so lucky to have a mom that taught me how to sew, adding sleeves to the dress was as easy as ever after the many years of practice I'd had.

"Why don't you bug off potter." Someone said as Harry was shoved to the floor. I looked up to see none other than Malfoy. "What are you doing Malfoy?! Stop it." I yelled shoving him back. "You know why he's dancing with you right? Because he thinks me and you are friends. He's only doing it to get close to me." Malfoy spat, giving Harry a glare. "Malfoy, everyone knows we don't get along. Just leave me alone." I said helping Harry up. "Seriously Malfoy. You have no proof of anything." Harry spat back, shoving him hard. "Harry stop it!" I yelled.

"Why should I? Do you fancy him?" Harry asked. "What no! And I never would." I yelled. "That's right Potter. Because she's so in love with you. A Slytherin with a Gryffindor. What a disgrace to the house you are." Malfoy snapped. I stared him right in the eyes. I knew I wasn't meant to be in Slytherin. I was supposed to be in Ravenclaw, my uncle ruined it all for me. "Fuck you Malfoy. You know nothing." I yelled back at him. I turned to walk away when someone roughly grabbed the sleeve of my dress and tried to tug me backwards. I stumbled to the ground as I felt it rip off.

My shoulder hit the ground hard. "Oh no, Thalia I really didn't mean t-." Harry started but then stopped. I looked over at him to see him staring at my the scars on my arm. "What the hell is that?" He said to my uneven skin. I forced myself to stand. "Screw you Malfoy. You've ruined everything." I snapped at him while the tears were streaming down my face and I left.

~

I slept in my dress that night. I cried for hours and didn't bother changing at all. I fell asleep long before Pansy got back and I slept long after she left the next morning. I woke up around lunch time. It was extremely late for me so I forced myself up and into the shower. I threw my dress in the garbage and stood there while the hot water hit me. It hurt but it felt good. While I stood there I examined the scars on my body. I felt like crying again but pushed the tears down as I got out of the shower.

I was getting ready to walk out when I heard someone in the room. "Pansy, is that you?" I called out carefully. I waited a few minutes. But there was no reply. I walked out and examined the room. There was nobody here and nothing had changed except for a small package on my bed. Still wrapped in a towel I walked over and picked up the small note on top.

Have fun getting lost in your own little world.
Stay safe.

I searched the note for a name or initials but there was nothing. I carefully opened the package to find a book, Romeo and Juliet. The book that Malfoy threw in the fire not to long ago. I smiled at it. I figured my uncle had sent it which was extremely sweet of him. I quickly got dressed and I opened the book up to the very first page.

I skipped the next few days of classes, I only left the dorm early in the mornings to find something to eat. The elves knew me well and made sure I had enough to eat. They ended up becoming my new friends. "But miss, don't you think class is important." One of the elves asked me on the 4th day. "Not really. Not anymore." I told him.

It had been a little over a week since I'd seen anyone but I decided I wanted to go to hogsmeade that weekend to see if they had any muggle books. I woke up early, got dressed in my usual jumper with jeans and I made my way to the kitchen. No one was awake yet so I was able to kind of do what I wanted. I sat and talked with the elves while I ate and they sent me with some food as well. I thanked them and headed on my way.

The snow was starting to melt. The seasons went by a little too fast here. I walked and danced and spun around in circles. Being alone like this was quite fun. I started to hum some of my favourite muggle songs when I accidentally ran into someone. I immediately fell over onto my butt and I looked up to see none other than Cedric Diggory. "Whoops sorry about that." He said carefully holding his hand out for me. "That's alright, I wasn't paying attention." I laughed awkwardly. He gave me a small smile. "Hey, you're Dumbledore's super distant cousin right?" He asked. "That would be me." I nodded. "Walk with me?" He asked motioning to the direction to hogsmeade. "Sure." I decided.

"So, your name is Thalia right." He said. "Yes that's me." I replied. "You're dating Harry Potter?" He asked. "What no. Not at all. Well, it didn't work out like that." I explained quickly. He nodded slowly. "Have you figured out the egg yet?" I asked him randomly thinking of Harry's egg. "Uhm, yes I have actually. Tell Harry to take it in the bath." He explained. "I don't know if Harry wants to speak with me." I told cedric sadly. "Well there's definitely some way you can do it. I have to go, but I trust you'll figure it out." He said just above a whisper. I looked up to see him walking into one of the other stores. just beyond the door I could see Cho Chang waiting for him. I smiled. They were very cute together.

~
That night I sat in my room wondering how I would let Harry know about the egg. I made the final decision to sneak out and bring him the note. Finding out the passwords to the common rooms would be easy, I'd just have to ask one of the elves. I dressed in all black and grabbed my wand and the note.

Bring your egg into the bath - trust me.
T.D