Thirty one - Thalia

"I promise Draco. I was with Hagrid, Harry, Ron and Hermione. Hagrid wanted to show us something." I whispered to him for at least the fifth time that week. "But what were you doing?" He asked once again. "I can't tell you. You know that I can't."

I desperately wanted to tell him about the new giant friend we had agreed to care for if Hagrid got sacked but I swore I wouldn't tell a soul. He stuck his tongue out at me once again. "Come on, we have owls in fifteen minutes." I said dragging him along. "I'd really rather not, how about we drop out instead. There's no point in trying with Umbridge here anyways." He complained. I rolled my eyes at him as we entered the great hall. The desks were lined up in long rows I joined the slytherin row and Draco took a spot behind me.

The large board at the end of the classroom made it clear that talking would not be tolerated. I gave Draco a hopeful look as the rest of the students started piling in.

~

It was the most boring hour of my life. I answered the questions quickly making my way through the quiz. The only noises I could hear were the scratches of quill on parchment and Umbridges heels clicking the ground as she walked back and forth. I was starting to get extremely fidgety when I heard a loud bang.

Umbridge shot a confused look towards the door and I had to stifle a laugh. She shot me a glare before starting to walk towards the door. The bangs continued only getting louder with each passing moment. People started to talk as Umbridge made her way across the great hall.

"This is amazing. Owls ruined once again." Draco announced lying backwards in his chair. "How do you know?" I asked. He gave me a smile before leaving forwards. "Seen the twins anywhere." He whispered in my ear. I began scanning the room. He was right. The twins weren't here.

I looked back to see Umbridge opening the doors. Suddenly Fred and George flew in on their brooms causing our papers to go flying. Draco grabbed my hand and pulled me up just before a sparkling type of ball hit me in the head. I gave George a look and he winked before continuing. There were fire works all over.

I couldn't see everything that was happening but I did notice people rushing out of the hall. I was about to follow when Draco pulled me back to him and smashed his lips onto mine quickly. Our bodies were close together and I could feel every part of him against me. My hands became tangled in his hair. He bit my lip gently before backing away.

"What was that for?" I asked giving him a look. He smirked. I suddenly realized that he never did his hair anymore. He looked so perfect. Everything about him. His lips, his eye colour. He was perfect. "I just haven't done it in a while. Now come on let's go see what happens." He said pulling towards the rest of the students that were exiting.

Once we made it out of the hall I noticed all of Umbridges plaques had fallen off the wall and were smashed. I smiled at that. Filch would struggle putting all of those back up. He deserved that. By the time we made it out the doors I looked up to see a large W in the sky. Everyone was cheering. I was about to join in when I noticed Harry had fallen over.

I ran towards him. "Harry?" I called out. I was in front of him but he looked terrified as if he was seeing right through me. I placed my hand on his shoulder and he jumped. When I looked over Hermione appeared beside me. "What's wrong?" She asked. He looked between the two of us while taking a few feels breaths. "It's Sirius." He said quietly.

~

"Go get Luna, Neville and Ginny. Harry won't like it but we're gonna need all the help we can get." Hermione whispered to me as we ran through the halls with Harry and Ron. I nodded and broke off from the group quietly. They were headed to Umbridges office to use her fire place.

Everyone else was still outside celebrating with the Weasleys. When I walked out to the courtyard I was stopped by Draco. "Where did you go?" He asked. I gave him a small smile. "I need to help Harry with something. I'll be back soon I promise." I told him quickly before kissing him on the cheek and walking away.

I looked behind me as I walked to see him walk inside with his hands in his pockets. He was upset of course. I was leaving him with no explanation once again. I forced myself to turn and refocus on finding the others. I noticed Neville was with Luna not to far from where I stood.

I tapped him on the shoulder. "Oh hey Thalia!" He said excited. I gave him a smile. "What's wrong?" Luna asked. "Harry, Ron and Hermione are going to the ministry to stop Voldemort from killing Sirius. They need our help." I explained quickly. "Well let's go then." I turned to see Ginny standing behind me. I nodded and started running back through the crowd with the others following me.

~

We were about to enter Umbridges office when I heard her voice. "You were going to see Dumbledore weren't you?" She snapped. "No." I heard Harry say back quietly. I flinched when I heard a large smack. "They need our help." Ginny whispered. I nodded slowly. But I was suddenly grabbed from behind. I look beside me to see Pansy holding Luna and Neville. filch was holding Ginny and I.

He dragged us up the stairs to Umbridges office. "I found these kids eavesdropping." Filch said sounding proud and throwing us up against the wall with Hermione and Ron. I gave Hermione an apologetic look as Pansy took each of our wands.

"What do you want Dolores." Someone called. Suddenly Snape appeared in the doorway. "Severus. Do you have the Veritaserum?" She asked. He took a moment to reply. "I'm afraid you used the last of it on Mrs Chang." Snape replied. I looked at Harry and noticed how sad he looked. Cho had never sabotaged us. Snape was about to walk away when Harry stopped him. "They have Padfoot and the place where it's hidden." Harry called out.

I watched Snape freeze in his tracks and turn giving Harry a strange look. "What is he talking about Severus?" Umbridge asked. "I have no idea." Snape replied before quickly walking out. "Very well then. You leave me no choice. The cruciatus curse will get it out of you."

I froze when Umbridge spoke. The curse was the most pain I'd ever felt. She'd stop at nothing to get the information out of Harry. "That's illegal." Hermione tried saying. "What the minister doesn't know won't hurt him." Umbridge snapped back. I panicked as she was preparing to use the curse. That's when I had an idea. I nudged Hermione carefully. She looked at me. "Giant." I whispered.

Realization hit her quickly. "Tell her Harry! Tell her about it or I will." Hermione yelled. Umbridge turned to look at Hermione immediately. "Tell me about what?" She snapped. "Dumbledore's secret weapon." Hermione whispered. Umbridge stared at her for a moment before grabbing her and pulling Harry out of the chair.

I noticed Harry and Hermione's wands on Umbridges desk. They were absolutely defenceless. She pointed her wands at their backs and demanded they show her the secret weapon. They slowly made their way out of the office, leaving me, Ron, Luna, Neville and Ginny, alone with Pansy, Filch and no wands.

Pansy suddenly pulled me to the other end of the room, throwing me on the floor. "You're disgusting Dumbledore. Just like your uncle." She snapped, spitting on me. I didn't fully understand why she was singling me out. "Draco deserves a real slytherin. Not some fake." She yelled and kicked me in the stomach. I felt the pain shoot through my whole body.

"Leave her alone!" I heard Ginny yell. Pansy turned her head for a moment. "Shut up Weasley." She snapped. I had tried to get up and crawl away but she had already gone back to kicking me. Three, four, five times. She didn't stop. "He doesn't care about you. Draco's only interested in sex." She yelled. I felt like I was going to pass out if she kicked me one more time. That's when I heard someone call out "Expelliarmus!"