Prologue

Starley

"The answer is no and that is final. Your not going to that party." Leo says in his authoritative tone. Either way I would just sneak out like I always do but for once I want to stand up for myself.

"You guys went to parties when you were my age, if not younger...why can't I go?" I say in a raised voice.

"Mind your tone." Chase warns me.

"None of your brothers are going to be in the party so no one is going to be there." Andrew says.

"Are you not letting me go because I'm a girl?" I ask.

"You can't control or protect yourself." Alex chimes in.

"You never gave me a chance to see if I can control and protect myself."

"That's enough. Your not going anywhere." Leo says.

"I fucking hate you! Why can't you once let me have my freedom!" I shout at him. Never once have I ever shouted at him not because he was very intimidating but because he was the only parental figure towards me when I needed one. 

His cerulean blue eyes that we all share snaps to my face and for a moment I can see hurt there but he masks it back to his nonchalant face. Something inside me twists at this but I compose myself.

"Fine! You can have your freedom and you won't call any of us today. You can handle yourself right?" He says his tone way too calm.

I turn around and leave the living room to take my car keys and exit the mansion.

Yes, pink is one of my favorite colors. I know most people take it as kiddish but I like the color so don't judge.

The moment I get inside the car I can feel that something is going to change between me and my brothers and I don't like it. A tear escapes from my eyes but I don't wipe it away, soon I'm sobbing. I really don't like fighting with my brothers but they can't always protect me, there are things in the past that they don't know about so that, I kept it like that so that they won't feel guilty....to the I'm still that naïve girl but that girl was killed a long time ago.

The moment I step out of my car to the party I compose myself. I am really popular here and not because of my brothers, they go to a complete different school. You may ask why because Leo won't even send me to a party without my brothers how would he send me to a complete different school. Well it took a lot of begging and puppy do eyes for him to give in which was a big accomplishment. He agreed to that if only I had a few bodyguards with me and I agreed to that if he kept them hidden. We made a deal but I have a feeling that those bodyguards aren't following me today.

When I first started high school in a different school me and my brothers slowly drifted apart. I wanted to go to a different school because all of us know high school can be crucial and I needed true friends not people who wanted to get to my brothers through me. But I also wanted a little space from them, sometimes it can be suffocating to be watched all the time.