Chapter 14

Starley

This is the worst fucking scenario that I could end up. How am I going to survive a whole night of dinner with the boy I love who can't even love me back.

"Why did you never tell me that you had brothers? That to the Kingstons." He asks as he moves aside for me to enter.

"Why did you waste my time only to tell me you can't love me?" I shoot back. He looks at me in a regretful expression but masks it quick as a middle-aged lady comes.

"You must be the Kingston sister! I've told your brothers tp bring you but they never did." She says as she hugs me which I gratefully return back, she's like the mother I once had. Wait....my brothers come here often?

She pulls back from the hug and smiles at me in a motherly way.

"I'm Starley!" I say as her eyes go wide and she looks at Ace who just looks away blushing. D-Did he just......blush. He blushed?  I didn't think Ace was capable of facial expressions. 

"Ace...is this Starley?!" She emphasizes my name, trying to ask him something. Does she know?

"Yeah...Adam is calling me!" He says in a high pitched tone and runs off, if I wasn't so angry at him for leaving me again I would have laughed.

"That idiot." She mumbles. I agree with you.

"Where have my manners gone[A/N: My parents ask me that all the time🤣🤣], I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Vanessa." She tells me.

"Nice to meet you." I say with a smile. 

"Ace has told me a lot about you." At this it was my turn to look at her with wide eyes.

"He has?"

"Yeah, when he was in Birmingham all he did was tell me how pretty and amazing you were." Then why did he say he can't love me?

"Come on honey! Let's go inside shall we?" She says and I nod and she takes me to a living room where all of them are greeting a middle aged man.

"You must be the unknown sister everyone has been trying to figure out." He says as he looks at me with a smile. These both seem more of parents than my parents ever could be...did that even make sense?

"I'm Starley."I say as I shake his hands. His eyes go wide just like Vanessa and he looks at Ace. All my brothers have a skeptical look on their faces.

"S-Starley..."

Might as well tell him so that I can get out of this awkward glances.

"Yeah, I'm that Starley." I say and my brothers look at me confused while he smiles at me.

"I'm Adam. It's really nice to finally meet you." He says. After I go home there is going to be a lot of explaining to do.

"Why don't we get to dinner." Ace says as we all nod. I take a seat in between Derrick and Vanessa, opposite to Ace.

"So Starley, how was Birmingham?" Adam asks.

"Yeah Starley how was it?" Ace asks with a smirk. The idiot.

"Nothing much actually, I met a few people and then hated them when they wasted my time." I say and Ace's smirk falls and this time it was my turn to put on a smirk.

"Interesting..." Adam says and they go back to talking about business while I have a glare battle with Ace. Why is he glaring at me?

"So are you going to become allies with Ace?" Adam asks Leo. Huh? When I look at Ace, he has an indecipherable look on his face.

"Allies?" I ask Adam.

"Yeah, Ace is the capo of the Italian Mafia." I look at Ace and he looks everywhere but at me.

What The Fuck?!