Chapter 5

Starley

I never thought I would see him again. He looks at me shocked but covers his expression soon. He sits beside Dylan who just completely ignores him.

Now all of you might be wondering who he is? Trust me sometimes even I do.

He was the first person I told about what my so called father did to me...but I never told him what happened that night...hell, I can't even accept it myself yet. He was my light in the darkness, my first kiss and my first everything. I loved him. We met at the boarding school in Birmingham something clicked between me and him, like I knew him but I can't really recognize him and also since he was the only American. 

But nothing good ever last in my life, he was growing distant and one day when I told him I loved him he just disappeared the next day.

~Flashback~

I haven't seen him in a week, he only sends one word texts and he doesn't answer my phone call. Right now I'm in front of his dorm...I knock on his door and he opens it but when he looks at me he stiffens.

"What are you doing here Star?" He asks.

"Why are you avoiding me?" I ask.

"I'm not avoiding you..." But I can tell that is a lie.

"Your lying if you don't want to be with me just tell me because I love you and I can't attach myself to someone I love because they always leave me."

He looks at me shocked....I just told him I love him.

"You love me?" He asks.
"I do. Do you?" I ask.

He looks at me and I can see him go back to his emotionless face, he always does that when he feels pain.

"I can't." He says. Those two words are the only thing I hear before I turn around and go back to my room...He's just like everyone else and I was a fool to think he was different. He can't love me no one can when I myself can't bring to love me.

The bell ringing cuts off my road to the dark road in my mind. I go to leave but he stops me by holding onto my arm. That is when I realize the whole classroom is empty.

"Star."

"Let me go."

"We need to talk."

"You don't love me and I don't too so let go of me."

"I did that for you."

"Yeah directly telling me you can't love me is what you did for me Ace." I say and yank my arm from his hold and exit the classroom.

I already hate my first day and I know I'm going to hate the next two years of my life.