Chapter 21

Starley

To say that I wasn't disappointed when I didn't see Ace in my room after I came out would be a lie. I know what I did hurt him and I hate that but I didn't want to get close to him. He was capable of breaking me in the worst way possible and I haven't picked the pieces up from the previous ones yet.

I go downstairs and I hate that it was the weekend, which means more time with my brothers. I go inside the dining room to see everyone sitting there eating their breakfast....including Aaron.

I take a seat in my usual spot and I go to take the cereal box when Chase stops me.

"Your not eating cereal. I made you soup."

"You made me soup? Why?" I ask him, I don't want soup for breakfast.

"Because you have a sore throat." When did I have sore throat? Then the realization hits me. Ace.

"I'm fine now." I really don't want to have Chase's Pepper soup, it's always tastes like he poured a whole bottle of extra spicy hot sauce.

"I don't think so, your drinking it."

He puts the soup in front of me and sits right opposite to me. I look at it in terror.

"Stop looking at it like a plague and drink." He orders. 

I take the spoon and take a sip from it. The moment I do that, I start coughing...a lot.

"What the hell did you put in that?" I say in between my coughs as I take a glass of milk and chug it down. Everyone looks at me in amusement.

"You have a sore throat and your going to drink that young lady." Leo demands.

"Fine."

"Really?" Andrew asks.

"Yes."

"Just like that." Alex asks.

"Obviously not." I say.

"Of course she would have a condition." Aiden grumbles.

"If Aaron can take a sip of this without drinking milk or water after then I'll drink the whole thing." I say as I stare at Aaron with challenge in my eyes while he stares back at me with the same hatred he always has in his eyes, but he hates me for a reason that isn't true."

"Okay." He says and I slide the bowl to him. Aaron and I always challenged each other and it was nice that it was still the same, except he hates me for something else.

The moment he takes a sip he starts coughing and takes a glass of milk and chugs it down like me.

"The hell is this?" He asks Chase as he slides the bowl back to me.

"It's not that bad."

"Dude, Aaron can drink a whole bottle of hot sauce and not drink milk but he thinks your soup is spicy. Then it might be really spicy." Derek says. It was true though that's why I asked Aaron to drink it. 

"Whatever." Chase mumbles and starts eating his cereal and I do the same.

My phone starts ringing and I look at it to see the number of my PI and immediately cut the call since I can't answer the call in front of my brothers,I put my phone on silent mode because I know he'll call again which will spark their suspicions.

When I look up, I see Leo looking at me curiously.

"What?"

"Who was that?"

"I don't know and I don't care." I tell him and resume eating.

"Anyways, we have this ball to attend tomorrow and I want you to be present."

"Why?" I ask him.

"Since you know about the mafia already, there's no need to hide you anymore." All my brother start choking and coughing.

"I never told you I know about it."

"You confirmed it without you needing to tell it directly. Also don't hack into my files again."

"Fine." I say.

"What's the catch." Asher asks.

"You guys come with me for dress shopping." I tell them with a smirk.

"Oh no. No way am I going to got o shopping with you." Ashton says.

"If you do it, I'll build a stronger firewall for you so I don't have to know all about Rose." I tell them.

"Oh will you stop it. I was going to break up with her, she was just faster." Chase mumbles as the rest of them chuckle and Leo gives out a smile.

"Who the hell is Rose?" Aaron asks.

"The first girl that dumped Chase." Xander says with a chuckle.

"She might be really intelligent to dump your ass." Aaron says.

"Shut up." Chase says to them.

"Well then we'll go to the mall at noon." Leo says.

I'm going to torture them so much!