Chapter 8

Starley

Where am I? The place is so dark.

"Hello daughter." I turn towards the voice. Sam.

"Your supposed to be in jail." 

"Why would I be in jail? Did you rat me out? You need to get a severe punishment to keep your mouth shut."

"No!" That's when I realize where I am. Our old house. It's all broken and dark. There was a mirror and I look at myself, I look like a eleven year old. This is a nightmare. It's a memory I have to get out.

Sam yanks me towards him and throws me on the ground. He takes his belt and starts beating me with it. It might not be real life but I could still feel the pain.

"Oh hey Jared." He says to someone. That name sounds familiar. No. I know him, he was the guy who forced himself on me. He took my innocence which was mine, he took it forcefully.

"Nice girl you got there." Jared says to Sam.

"She's a slut like her mother, you can use her." Sam says. He slowly moves away and Jared comes closer. I start screaming. My breathing slows down.

Wake up! I keep telling myself. Wake up! Suddenly I'm pulled out of my trance as I open my eyes, gasping for air.

"Are you alright?" A voice asks.

Andrew

I was going to go call Star for dinner since she didn't come down after us shouting for her. I missed her but I'm not going to admit that. When I enter my room I see it locked. She never locks her door? There better not be a boy in there. I take out the spare key and open it. There is no boy thank god!

I see her twisting and turning with furrowed brows. I go next to her and I realize her breathing has become really slow. Is she having a nightmare?

"Starley!" I say but she doesn't open her eyes.

"Star!" I say in a raised voice, she suddenly sits up and gasps for air.

"Are you alright?" She turns to me with wide eyes like I just caught her doing something bad.

"Y-Yeah." She says. I don't push her more.

"Come down for dinner." I say.

"I'm not hungry, I ate a big lunch." She says looking forward but there's no emotion in her eyes, it's like she's in nothingness.

"Okay." I say and go out of her room.

Starley

Fuck. That was so close. I slowly go towards the door and lock it again. I just don't feel safe with it unlocked. I know nothing will happen to me here but it's a habit I can't stop.

I haven't had a nightmare in so long.

I take my sleeping pill and fall to sleep. A dark abyss of nothingness.

Derrick

She didn't come down for dinner. I did miss her but I needed her to get better and not become a druggie like dad. She was my best friend, well we both were literally twins with ten months difference.

"Why don't we throw her into the pool." Dylan asks. It's six in the morning and I don't know why I was awake.

"That would be fun." Xander says with a sadistic smirk. How much ever they denied, I knew all of them missed her too. The house was lifeless without her and the food.....don't get me started on that. I wouldn't have known we've been eating escargot for breakfast every morning for a year until she told us it was. I still feel nauseous. All the twins, Dylan and me head up to her  room. Aiden tries to open it but it was locked. When the hell did she start locking, she better not be sleeping with a boy or else that guy would be six feet under.

"It's locked." Aiden frowns. Asher takes out a spare key and opens it. Her fragile body is sleeping there but she looks troubled. She's always been a big frustrating mystery.

Ashton lifts her up and frowns.

"She weighs lighter than a feather." 

' Is that possible. '

'Wait he meant it as a metaphor.'

'Makes sense now.'

Stupid subconscious. It's stupider than me and I'm pretty smart. 

'That line itself tells you your stupid.'

I block it out.

We go down and throw her into the pool.

We wait for her to come out and scream curses at her but she doesn't 

Fuck!