Chapter 16

Starley

School was the last place I wanted to be in right now....I somehow managed to sleep last night. I hated feeling vulnerable, hell I even hated feeling.

I managed to avoid my brothers and get a ride with Jake....I've gotten pretty close to them. They hate my brothers that instantly made me love them. 

At the moment I was on my way to music class, the one class I avoided but the principal personally called me and threatened me with Leo and told me if I missed another music class I'll be dealing with the wrath of Leo. It's not that I'm scared of him, it's the fact that when this conversation will strike, a lot of secrets will be revealed and I'm not ready for that. I can't deal with it.

Suddenly someone pulls me into a room which is really dark and closes the door. I'm surprised I didn't flinch but I already know who it is.

Ace

Let's just say I ignored him every time he contacted me. The dim light turns on and I stare into the eyes of the person I love. How can you hate someone but still love them so much?

"You've been ignoring me." He says but this time his eyes and his voice are not emotionless, they're not cold and hidden away so no one could see. They're vulnerable, they're desperate like he's pleading me to come back to his embrace but I can't even if I want to. I don't want to feel the hurt.

"What do you expect Ace? I just found out your the fucking capo of the italian mafia!"

"Yeah, well I found out your the mafia princess."

"I am not in any way related to you sick monsters." I expect him to smirk or smile like he does when I challenge him but there is hurt and pain in his eyes but no surprise like he expected me to react like that and leave him, something in me twists and I hate it.

"Your the sister of the people in a Mafia....your related to sick monsters like me." He says but I can feel the pain in his voice.

"Ace-"

"You know I thought you were different, I thought you might still stay when you found out but I always knew you would leave of you did and that's why I hid it from you. Because I love you and I couldn't lose you." 

We're both left shocked after hos outburst.

"A-"

"Forget it....I'm done, I left because I didn't want you hurt I was going to come back. I wanted you, hell I needed you but in the end your the same as every other girl who leaves once she realizes she's with a monster."

"Ace pl--" I can't finish my sentence because he turns around and leaves.

But only one thing stays on my mind.....

Why would he come back to a broken girl like me?

_______________________________________________________

How did you guys like this chapter?  I know it's been long since I updated but I'm stressed out and there's a family matter that's bothering me. 

Also there was this post on my feed that my Frenemy Jake posted pretending to be Aiden. he told that I was in a coma and a lot of you worried and I'm sorry for that prank Jake did. It was unacceptable. He was a toxic friend with a sadistic mind and lives on hurting people. I'm sorry once again.

Anyways what do you think is going to happen between Ace and Star? Will they move on or get stuck in the past.

I love you all!