Chapter 20

Ace

The loud noise of someone banging on the door alerts me. I slowly open my eyes to take in my surroundings and everything that happened last night comes back.

Her crying and asking me to stay and we ended up cuddling and falling asleep, like old times.

"Starley open the door! You better not have a boy in there." A voice I recognized as Chases' boomed.

He'd break the door if he doesn't get an answer. How do I know? Because I am an older brother too.

I have no other choice but too...

"I'm changing my clothes, I'll be down in a few minutes." I say in a sweet girlish voice.

"Are you alright? Your voice is different and you sound....sweet?" Of course, why would anyone believe she's sweet.

"My throat is sore and be happy if I'm sweet, it won't last long." I tell in a shriller voice.

"And...she's back. I'll prepare you some soup for your throat." He says and his footsteps become faint.

Star twists around a bit and snuggles into me more. I would love to stay in this position forever but she has to be down in a few minutes.

"Star." I whisper and she groans a little and turns away.

"Star." 

"What?" She mumbles but her eyes remain closed.

"Star! Wake up!" I say and she suddenly sits up and takes in her surroundings and after a few seconds her eyes land on me and she looks at me in wide eyes.

"What the hell are you doing here?" She asks. A part of me is sad since she doesn't remember any of yesterday's events but another part of me knew this would happen.

"Well, I drove your drunk ass home and you told me to stay with you." I tell her some part of it.

She looks down at her clothing and then again looks at me with wide eyes.

"These were not the clothes I wore, did we do something yesterday?" She asks regret laced in her voice that twists something in me.

"I'm not that cruel to take advantage of you when your drunk even if you did want it. Plus I changed your clothes because you told me, let me quote 'God! You've already seen me naked just change it.' " I tell the last part imitating her voice.

"I do not sound like that."

"Sure you don't."

"Your so annoying!"

"Yeah yeah, now you got to get ready in a few minutes or Chase might get suspicious." I say as I get out of her bed.

"Where are you going?" She asks stopping me in my tracks...again

"Home."

"Oh." She sounds dejected.

I turn around to look at her.

"Do you want me to stay?" I ask with a smirk forming on my face.

"If you want to...."

"Are you asking me to stay?"

"You know what get lost!" She says as she gets up and goes inside her closet and I follow her.

"Why do you keep doing that?" I ask her.

"Do what?"

"You keep running away when you get close to someone, you run away even if you want to stay."

The moment I say this she freezes, her head lowers and her shoulders slump.

"Star." I turn her around but she looks away with tears in her eyes. I cup her cheeks so that she's forced to look at me.

"What is it?"

"You deserve someone better." That was the last thing I expected.

"What?!"

"You deserve someone better, someone who doesn't wants to run away when she gets closer to you." Shit, I should not have said that.

"I don't want someone else. I want you, I need you. I don't know when I got so close to you but now I can't even breath if I'm not next to you. There's no way I'd survive a life without you." A tear falls down her cheek and I wipe it with my thumb.

"I'm sorry I left you that day, but I was obligated to and I cared about your safety more."

"Ace..."

"I know you most probably think I'm going to leave you again and I understand if you don't want to be with because your happiness matters more to me and if that means moving on and being with someone who'll stay--" I don't get to finish because she her lips claim mine pulling me into a kiss. I'm shocked for a moment but then I kiss her back. The kiss is desperate like we can't get enough of each other.

"Starley!" Chases' voice booms again and we both jerk apart.

"What?" She asks.

"Come down! How long are you going to take?" 

"Leave me alone." She says.

"Why did I think you were sweet even for a second?"

"Huh?"

"Long story." I mouth to Starley.

"Come down, Leo's calling you."

"Of course he is." She mutters and then looks at me.

"See you later."

"That's it?"

"What's it?"

"Your just going to forget this happened."

"That was a mistake." She says as she takes her clothes and heads to the bathroom.

"What?!"

"I shouldn't have kissed you, I don't know why I did it. Forget this ever happened."

"I can't forget!" I tell her but she just slams the door in my face.

Why does she keep doing this?