Chapter 11

Starley

Jared. Fucking Jared. Why did he have to become the janitor in this particular school? He was the first one violate me....he took something of mine that should've been mine to willingly give. I hate him even more than Sam, I wish I could say that but that would be a lie. I hate him, Sam and those four boys all the same....I hate them so much. When Sam was arrested I wanted them to arrest Jared too but if I did my brothers would know the truth and at that time I couldn't risk it. My brother worked so hard for the company and if I stressed him, he would have a break down and everything he worked for will come crumbling down.

It's like he senses me and lifts his head to meet my eyes. 

"Starley! What a surprise!" He says with a smirk. I take deep breaths to stop myself from doing something I'm sure I won't regret.

"Are you here for another round." That's it....I lost my shit. I go lunging at him and throw a punch, someone calls my name but I can't hear anything. I just keep hitting him.

"You ruined me! You broke me!" I shout as I keep punching him. Someone pulls me away from him and hugs me.

Ace

I was searching for Starley when I see her in the middle of the school hall in front of the janitor.

"Starley! What a surprise!" He says with a smirk. How does he know her? I can see Star taking deep breaths. What the hell is going on?

"Are you here for another round." The moment he says that she lunges at him. Throwing punches to his face. That idiot just falls down not being ale to defend himself. Why is she punching the janitor?
"Starley!" I say but she doesn't even acknowledge me...she just keeps punching him.

"Star!" I try again but she doesn't listen. The guy looks like he was going to die.

I slowly go near her and pull her away from him and hug her. She hugs me back and starts crying. What the fuck happened? For as long as I've known her, she not even once has shed a tear. The guy she was beating up slowly gets up.

"So your still that cry baby...should I tell your father to punish you more, I can help him too."

We both stiffen at that. Starley told me about her dad and a guy named Jared.....Is he Jared?

I glare at him. He suddenly loses his smug face and looks scared...he starts running in the opposite direction. I am going to kill that bastard and I didn't mean that as a joke.

She starts pulling away from me.

"Forget whatever you saw." She whispers and turns around to leave. Not so fast. I hold her wrist making her stop in her tracks.

"I'm not going to forget whatever I saw Star." I say as she turns around and looks at me. She looks broken, just like the first time I met her.

"Was that Jared?" I ask. She stiffens again and looks away from me. She just remains silent.
"Star?"

"Yes." She says and leaves but this time I don't stop. I know she needs sometime to herself.

Starley

He figured it out. I didn't want to tell him about my dad but something about him made me want to tell him everything.

There's a knock on my door bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Come in!" I say loud enough for the person on the other end to listen. 

The door opens revealing Alex, he looks at my book and smiles.

"Your reading Wuthering Heights."

"Yeah. I like the book." Alex loves literature, he breathes books. Let's just say the library at our house is filled with only his books.

"What's your favorite quote?" Of course he would asks that. He wants to know if I'm reading this for show or if I'm truly reading it.

"He is more myself than I am, whatever our souls are made of his and mine are the same." I finish with a smug smile. I loved this book because of this quote. Somehow this quote always makes me think of Ace. 

"That's my favorite too." He says with a proud smile. One more thing you should know, me and Alex are the only bookworms so he can only talk about books with me.

"Why did you come here?"

"Dinner." He says and leaves.

Please tell me they didn't get another cook. I make my way to the dining hall where all my brothers are sitting. I take my normal seat.

It was pizza from Sal. They ordered food. Thank God! I take a slice and pass it over to Leo. 

"So we're going to have dinner at a client's house tomorrow and your expected to be there." Leo says to me.

"Me? Why do I have to be there?"

"They want to meet the whole family so you'll be there too." He says. Ugh...A night with snobby rich idiots. 

"Fine." I don't even know why I agreed.

Tomorrow is going to be a long night.