Chapter 5: The Search Begins

AN: Hi there lovely folks :) Nakakatuwa ang 200 and more reads. I'm so kilig hahaha. I hope mag-enjoy kayo and please, please, please, do leave any comments. May kailangan pa bang iimprove or anything? I'd really like to keep in touch with you :) Thank you for the overwhelming support.

<3

____________________________________________________

Mika was in a complete state of shock. The kiss was short and somewhat very close to a smack but she felt like she was out of breath, like her whole system just suddenly shut down on her. She couldn’t quite comprehend how, for the second time around, Ara was able to steal a kiss from her that easily. Had she not seen it from coming? Was she just too slow to react? Was it because she wasn’t completely awake? Whatever the reason, she knew it was unacceptable. Her conscience is condemning herself for being unable to do anything again.

Yes it might be just a kiss but to Mika it is important and sacred just like her virginity especially that she really hasn’t kissed anyone or been kissed in her entire life. Well, at least properly. The first time, she doesn’t want to remember anymore and now this.

Mika could feel her cheeks flushed from all the thinking and with Ara on her arms sleeping silently. The latter passed out because of too much alcohol. And now she has to think of a way to carry Ara all the way to their bedroom from where they stand which is downstairs in front of the freaking door that happens to be still open and not to mention that Ara was somewhat cradled at her and deep asleep. But she is at the very least thankful that the lights are off so no one would see them in that position. Not that there is really someone awake at this very hour to check them out. Sure, she could just dump her off the couch but she was worried that its insufficiency to provide enough room for the latter’s body might cause discomfort when she wakes up. She was that kind-hearted that despite their not so nice encounters she was still thinking of Ara’s welfare.   

Going through the stairs was a lot of struggle and Mika really didn’t know how she did it. She was just thankful that she managed to do it. The moment they were upstairs she immediately put Ara on her bed. Then she removed her shoes and socks. Lastly she unfolded her blanket and put it on her. She was about to turn and go back to sleep when she felt a hand on her wrist.

“Baby please don’t go.” She was surprised to hear Ara’s voice but she was even more surprised when she saw a tear escaped from her eyes.

“Ssshhh andito lang ako.” She didn’t know what made her say that. All she knew was that Ara is in pain though she still doesn’t understand that but as the saying goes, “There is a time for everything” and for now all she wanted to do is give comfort to the other girl.

The next thing she knew she was already lying beside Ara and hugging her tight.

...

Kinabukasan, nagising si Ara na masakit ang ulo bunsod ng hangover. Ni hindi n'ya halos maimulat ang mga mata n'ya sa sobrang sakit. She still badly wanted to sleep when she felt whatever that thing beneath her arm move and she was startled because it wasn't a pillow just as she thought. She forced her eyes to open up wide so as to check what bloodyhell creature was beside her. But the moment she opened them, she was sure she was woken up by a sudden thunderbolt. Sleeping beside her and trapped in her arm is her freaking new roommate and dormmate.

"What the hell!?" Ara exclaimed automatically pushing Mika off the bed because of shock.

"Aray!" Agad na nagising si Mika dahil sa pagkakabagsak. Pagmulat ng mga mata n'ya kaface-to-face na pala n'ya ang sahig. Naupo muna s'ya dahil medyo nahihilo pa s'ya sa nangyari. Nag-aadjust pa ang mata n'ya sa liwanag nang bigla na lang s'yang hablutin ni Ara at kinuwelyuhan.