- 2 -

~ Kenna's POV ~

There's this odd force that stops us in our tracks. I gust of wind flies through us and I swear I could someone whisper, "Winter is coming," in my ear. I must just be hearing things or something. I ask, already knowing the answer, "Did you feel that?" She says, "Who cares! Come on!" She pulls me forward and we're both laughing like we did when we were little kids. I'm shocked.

I state, "Wow. This really IS beautiful." She nods, "Yep. Which is why we should jump in now. I don't want to waste any time. Come on." She takes her dress of and says, "What are you waiting for?" I state, "I didn't bring a bathing suit." She shrugs, "Who cares? It's not like there's anyone who'll see!"

I shake my head and take my top and shoes off. I'm about to take my shorts off of my ankles when I trip on them and fall over. She sighs, "You're taking too long. I'm going ahead without you!" She runs and jumps off the hill, screaming with joy. I laugh and get up. I peer over the edge just as Kelly's head breaches the water. The water is crystal blue and damn near see-through.

She yells, "Come on! Stop being such a scaredy cat!" I yell back, "Oh yea?!" I back up and run really fast, jumping off. I actually went pretty far, smack in the center. I did a flip to show off my skills, whooping loudly and excitedly, which no doubt caused Kelly to roll her eyes immediately. It takes me a while, but I manage to swim up to Kelly and as soon as I wipe the water off of my face I ask, "How was that for a scaredy cat?" She laughs and splashes me with water, "Whatever, show off." We laugh and something down below catches my attention.

There's a shiny gold speck at the bottom of the center of the lake. I ask, "What is that? Is that a gold coin?" She says, confused, "I don't know." I inform, "I'll be back," just before I dive into the water and swim down to the bottom. The sand or dirt or whatever it is is really soft here on the bottom. I grab it and rub the stuff off. Holy crap! This is a REAL gold coin. I smile and look up. Kelly's not there anymore; she's not in the water.

I swim up and look around. No one. I yell, "Kelly?!" Nothing. Hm...weird. I yell, "Kelly, where are you?!" Again, no answer. I scoff. Is she really trying to scare me right now? I get out of the water. I yell, "I swear, if you jump out and scare my I'll beat you up with this gold coin!" Nothing. I yell, "Kelly, come on. This isn't funny, you know!" I walk into the woods and starts searching more.

I look and her car isn't here anymore. I would have heard if she left me though. Plus, why would she bring me here, just to ditch me? I hear a snap coming from on top of the hill where our stuff is and I yell, "Kelly, seriously. Enough is enough! Come out!" I continue walking towards the area and finally make my way up the hill. No one's here.

At least I thought so until a man came out, holding Kelly's mouth with a knife aimed at her stomach, ready to stab. I say, "Woah, hey, buddy, let's calm down a bit, yeah?" He warns, "You come any closer and I'll gut her." I say, "Why don't we all be civil and put the knife away. Let's refrain from the perforating right now, yeah? No need to get all stabby stabby."

Immediately, a hand covers my mouth this time and there's a knife to my throat. He whispers menacingly into my ears, "Talk again and I'll slit you from ear to ear." The man holding Kelly says, "Let's go back. They're going to want to know what we found." They? There's more of them? More importantly, how many?

The man demands, "Move!" and forces us forward, knives still aimed at us...