- 30 -

~Kenna's POV~

It's been three days and we're almost there. My armor is making me sweat but I can't exactly take it off. At least not yet. I envy everyone else wearing the leather clothes. The only other person slightly wearing armor is Jorah and Daenerys.

They've been teaching me Dothraki and I'm getting a good hang of it. We approach the gates and there's men with spears and shields that come out first. I get my bow and arrows ready as a group of men approach from behind them.

Daenerys looks at Jorah, "I thought we were welcome." He says, "If you heard a Dothraki horde was approaching your city, you might do the same, Khaleesi." She looks back and asks, "Horde?" She's not wrong. There isn't very many people in our group, so technically it isn't a horde.

A man with what looks like moths attached to his dress walks past the group of men to a few feet in front of us. Daenerys begins, "My name is Daenerys--" but he interrupts her, "Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen." She asks, "You know me, my lord?" He responds, "Only by reputation, Khaleesi. And I'm not lord, merely a humble merchant. They call you the mother of dragons." She asks, "And what should I call you?"

He answers, "Oh, my name is quite long and quite impossible for foreigners to pronounce. I am simply a trader of spices. But we are the thirteen, charged with the governance and protection of Quarth, the greatest city that ever was or will be." Daenerys says, "The beauty of Quarth is legendary--" but he interrupts her again, correcting her, "Qarth." She restates, "Qarth." He asks, "Might we see the Dragons?" She looks back at her dragons in their crates and says, "My...friend, we have traveled very far. We have no food, no water. Once I see my people fed, I would be honored --" He says, "Forgive me, Mother of dragons, but no man alive has seen a living dragon. Some of my more skeptical friends refuse to believe your children even exist. All we ask is the chance to see for ourselves."

Daenerys says, "I am not a liar." He looks sideways, "Oh, I don't think you are. But as I've never met you before, my opinion on the matter is of limited value." Daenerys says, "Where I come from, guests are treated with respect, not insulted at the gates." He suggests, "Then perhaps you should return to where you come from. We wish you well." He turns around and Daenerys yells, "What are you doing?!" stepping closer to them.

She continues, "You promised to receive me!" He turns around, "We have received you. Here we are, and here you are." Smartass. He's just about pissing everyone off here. Daenerys says, "If you do not let us in, all of us will die." He says, "Which we shall deeply regret. But Qarth did not become the greatest city that ever was or ever will be by letting Dothraki savages through it's gates." They try to walk away and Daenerys is clearly getting angry.

Jorah begs, "Khaleesi, please be careful." She yells, "Thirteen!" causing them to turn around. She continues, "When my dragons are grown, we will take back what was stolen from me and destroy those who have wronged me. We will lay waste to armies and burn cities to the ground. Turn us away and we will burn you first." He responds, "Ah, you are a true Targaryen. Only, as you said a moment ago, if we don't let you into the city, you will all die. And so..." They try to leave and I announce, "I would listen to her if I was you!" They turn, interested. I continue, "Even if you do shut us out, who's to say you still won't die before we do?" They look confused and I explain, "Her dragons might not be grown just yet, but I am." I draw my bow and aim it at him, "I could shoot you right now and there's nothing anybody could do to stop it. The other twelve may try to attack but I can shoot all of you before you make it past your guards."

He smiles, "I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to call your bluff." I take a deep breath, and release my arrow...

- End of Chapter 30 -