- 9 -

~ Kenna's POV ~

I see the dwarf; he slaps the prince! Again, I could who was royalty and who wasn't. It's PAINFULLY obvious. They argue and he slaps him again. The prince yells at him and the dwarf slaps him again.

      I chuckle and the boy looks at me, embarrassed, before he leaves. I walk over to the dwarf and a large, scary knight. Thank goodness the one who tortured me isn't here. I ask, "Am I wrong or was that a prince?" The dwarf says, "A prince and my nephew." I look confused. He points out, "I see you're healing nicely, M'lady." I say, "I'm not a lady and I hope so. I guess the scars will be a good conversation starter." He smiles and asks, "Forgive me, but I don't know your name." 

      I explain, "Kenna Snow. A few members of my family have it. The bastards. The tradition has been passed down in my family since forever." He says, "I'm afraid bastards don't get many friends around here, but if you ever need a favor or someone to talk to, write to me. My name is Tyrion Lannister." I nod, "Will do, my lord." He looks shocked and intrigued. I explain, "It's the way you dress. It's quite obvious who's royal and whos not."

      I say to them, "Have a good evening gentleman." I leave and make my way over to the weapons. There's swords, bows and arrows. I ask the man, "May I borrow this?" as I point to the bow and arrows. He nods and I gently take them. I'm quite good at stuff like this. I look across from the table and see large wooden targets. 

      I shoot an arrow and it hits just above the center. I take another arrow and hit it directly in the middle. I shoot a couple more arrows and they all hit in the middle making a tight circle. I hear a voice behind me, "You're quite good with those arrows." I turn and see the dark haired boy. I smile and say, "I'm even better on horseback." He looks intrigued. I ask, "What's your weapon of choice?" He says, "A sword. I'm good at arrows, but I'm best with the sword. He turns to the blacksmith who is also behind me and has him make a sword for him. It's tiny and skinny, but it looks strong, sturdy. It can hit better spots than the other swords these people like to carry around. 

      I see a tall blonde man. He's handsome but he's not all that. Kelly would have loved him...He sees me and says, "From prisoner to helper. Impressive. I'd have thought you'd be dead right now." I say, arrow slightly drawn, "I'd of thought you to be smarter than to tease someone with an arrow." He just lifts his brow and looks at the dark haired boy, "A sword for the wall?" The wall? The boy explains, "I already have one." The man says, "Good man." Is it just me or does everyone in royalty have to be an ass? He asks the boy, "Have you swung it yet?" The boy replies, "Of course I have." The blonde man clarifies, "At someone, I mean." 

      The boy stays silent and the blonde haired man says, "It's a strange thing, the first time you cut a man. You realize we're nothing but sacks of meat, and blood and some bone to keep it all standing." He's a little too close to the dark haired boy. What is he up to? 

      He takes the boys hand, "Let me thank you ahead of time for guarding us from the perils beyond the Wall- Wildlings and Whitewalkers and whatnot." The boy tries to take his hand away but is yanked back, "We're grateful to have good, strong men like you protecting us." He lets go and as he tries to leave, the dark haired boy says, "We've guarded the kingdoms for 8,000 years." The blonde man turns, "Is it 'we' already? Have you taken your vows yet then?" The boy replies, "Soon enough." The blonde man says, "Give my regards to the Night's Watch. I'm sure it will be thrilling to serve in such an elite force. And if not, it's only for life." He leaves and I ask the boy, "What are whitewalkers?"

- End of Chapter Nine -