- 31 -

~Kenna's POV~

He smiles, "I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to call your bluff." I take a deep breath, and release my arrow...It shoots right between his toes and I get another ready, asking, "Shall I shoot higher or have I made my point?" Daenerys and everyone else looks at me shocked while Aragon and Freki start growling.

The man presses his lips together and rips the arrow out while a darker man comes from in the group, "Retreating in fear from a little girl is unbecoming of the greatest city that ever was or ever will be." The man I shot my arrow at says, "This discussion is over, Xaro Xhoan Daxos. The Thirteen have spoken." The darker man states, "I am one of the Thirteen, and I am still speaking." Ouuuuu.

The man I shot at says, "One girl threatens to burn our city to the ground and the other shoots her arrows at me and threatens to kill us all, and you would invite them in for a cup of wine?" The darker man says, "The girl was helping her Khaleesi and as for the Khaleesi, she is the mother of dragons. Do you expect her to watch her people starve without breathing fire? I believe we can allow a few Dothraki through our gates without dooming our city. After all, here I am, a savage from the summer Isles, and Qarth still stands."

The man I shot, who is clearly saltier than all the oceans, says, "Our decision is final." The darker man, Xaro, steps forward, facing him, "Very well. I invoke sumai." He takes out a long dagger, "I will vouch for her, her people, and her dragons in accordance with the law." He cuts his hand and I clutch mine. You know how you hear someone break a bone and you feel like you can feel it because of how bad it is? Yea, well that's basically how that just was.

The salty man says, "Be it on your head," and turns angrily. Xaro turns to us, "Welcome to Qarth, my lady." She looks at me and Jorah and we all walk in. The gates clink open and reveal an absolutely beautiful city.

THE NEXT DAY

It's the next day and everyone is bathed and whatnot. Me and Daenerys, or Danny as she told me to call her, are sharing a room because they didn't trust me to be by myself apparently. Right now me, Doreah and Danny are by the windowsill where Danny's dragon, Drogon is sitting. He's so beautiful. Danny places a small thing of meat in front of him and he starts making this clicking sound.

She says, "Dracarys," and it tilts it's head confused. She's trying to teach it how to spit fire using that word. It makes this little squeak sound and we all smile. She says it again and this time, it hisses, then screeches, then spits some fire onto it's found, devouring it.

We laugh and Doreah claps. Danny says, "He'll be able to feed himself from now on." Danny gets up and as Doreah tries to get him to eat another piece of meat, Danny says, "Let him sleep, Doreah." I chuckle and he climbs on my hand just before I put him in his little crate. I pet my direwolves as I go to the bed. They've their own food bowls so they won't go hungry here. Danny states, "He loves you." Irri looks at Doreah as she puts the crate with the others and I'm not sure what kind of look it is exactly.

Danny holds up one of her tops and Irri says, in Dothraki, "I rewove this part of the top." I'm so glad I'm understanding Dothraki now. Like I said, I don't know all of it, but I know enough. Irri continues, holding up a shoe, "And I fixed the heel on this one." Danny responds in common tongue, "Thank you, my friend." Doreah comes over and picks up the gorgeous blue dress, "Did you see the dress Xaro had made for you? They say he's the wealthiest man in Qarth." Irri says, "It is known."

Doreah holds up the dress to Danny, "And if Qarth is the wealthiest city in Essos--" Danny says, "The last time a rich man gave me a dress, he was selling me to Khal Drogo." Irri says, "May he ride forever through the night lands," in Dothraki. It's quiet and I see another dress that's identical to Danny's except it's maroon or burgundy colored. I ask, "Who's that dress for?" Everyone looks curious and Dorreah reads the note, "It's for you, Kenna. I guess he fancies you too." She smiles and I say, "Thank you, but I don't really wear dresses. It's harder to fight in." They all look at me and Doreah insists, "It would be a great insult to refuse a dress as nice as this."

I just look and sigh, "Okay, I guess." Irri points out, "You and Khaleesi almost look alike." Me and Danny both look at each other and chuckle. They're not wrong, but they're not exactly right either. Danny changes the subject, "Xaro is our host, but we know nothing about him. Men like to talk about other men when they're happy." She's looking at Doreah. Doreah nods, smiling, and leaves, placing the dresses back on the bed.

Before Doreah leaves though, she says, "You would look like a real princess un Xaro's--" but Irri responds angrily, "She is not a princess. She is a Khaleesi." It's quiet again and Irri insists, "You should wear it, Khaleesi. You are their guest. It would be rude not to." Looks me and Danny are both forced to wear dresses.

Irri walks away. Danny smiles and puts the dress on and I do the same. Time to go into the city...

-End of Chapter 31 -