- 3 -

~ Kenna's POV ~

We walk down the hill and Kelly is absolutely terrified. I don't blame her. I'm scared too, but at least one of us has to keep a level head, right?

We get to the rest of what I assume is their group and there's about seven people. One is a young boy, one is an older man with white hair, the rest are either young, late teens, or a grown man. They're standing in front of a dead wolf. I groan. Ew, dude, seriously? Did they kill it?

Everyone turns in our direction. The man behind me says, "We found these two girls swimming in a pond a few feet back. Tried to attack us." Really? We're gonna go there? He says, "They're clearly foreigners and they're on our land. What do you want to do with them?" Lands? And what the hell are they all wearing? I see their swords, "You all seem to be a fan of pointy things, don't you?" They just look at me.

I say, "Look, we didn't mean to trespass or interrupt your little renaissance fair or whatever the hell you're doing. We just wanted to go for a swim. Get out of being grounded. So if you could just...let us go, we could be on our way." The man behind me grabs a fist full of my hair and yanks me back, causing me to lightly cry out in pain, and digs the knife into my neck. I feel liquid spill a little down my neck and chest, falling down to the ground.

The man says, "I told you to shut up!" I can't help it! My mouth is like a loose cannon when I'm nervous. The man behind Kelly says, "Look in her hand," gesturing to my gold coin. An older man, not the one with the white hair, takes the coin out of my hand and looks back at everyone before looking back down at me. He asks, "Where did you get this?" I respond, "I found it in the pond." He just sighs and says, "Tie them up. They're coming with us," and turns to the group.

What? They're kidnapping us?! When the blade isn't on my neck anymore, I take the opportunity to head butt the guy behind me and he goes down. I charge the guy holding Kelly, causing him to fall and I grab his knife, but before I can grab Kelly, a man with sandy brown hair grabs her. This time she's the one with a knife to her throat and she's crying.

He warns, "Put the knife down or I'll kill her right now." I look at everyone and they have their swords out. I doubt they're real, but I'm not chancing that knife. I put mine down and the man I tackled yanks me by my hair and forces me to stand in front of a boy with long black curls. He ties my hands and feet with tight rope.

Next, It's Kelly's turn. He shoves me forward and a boy with lighter auburn like hair says to him, "I got her." The man goes and throws Kelly over his shoulder. Next thing I know, It's my turn and I'm tossed over the handsome boy's back like I'm nothing but a piece of paper or an empty bag to him.

This is highly embarrassing and not just because my ass is directly next to his face. I'm still in nothing but my underwear and Kelly is still in her bathing suit.

The man holding me over his shoulder says, "This could be a lot easier if you could tell me where you got the coin from." I say, "I already told you." He states, "Well, that's impossible. Coins like that aren't found it ponds." I respond, "If you're waiting for me to give a shit, you'd better get some breakfast; it's going to be a while." One just snickers while the others shake their heads. I'd really better stop with the sarcasm.

Where could we be going? Are we going to die?