- 19 -

~ Kenna's POV ~

      We set up a temporary camp after riding for quite a while and we're all sort of tired. Plus, the men would like to start planning their attack. Right now we're in Robb's tent, cuddled up together. I'm sleeping, or at least I think I am. It's pitch black and I see people fighting, it's a war. Many people are dying on both sides. I'm not sure who's perspective I'm seeing, but suddenly there's a man running up to me and they slash me with their sword. 

      I sit up in bed, panting and sweating. Robb sits up, "Did you have another nightmare." I explain, "I saw fighting. Like a war or something." He asks, "Did you see who was fighting?" I shake my head. I continue, "Just the fighting. So many people were dying; it was hard to tell who was winning or losing. Then a man sliced me with his sword and I woke up." He asks, "Do you see stuff like that a lot?" I shake my head, "Not since the night your family brought me to Winterfell." I lay down in his lap and he pets my head until I fall asleep again.

THE NEXT MORNING

      We wake up and get dressed (picture above). I'm wearing armor yes; I just thought it makes sense since there is a battle going on. We're in a tent and I'm listening as Robb and the others are starting to make their plans. Robb says, "The river lords are falling back with Jaime Lannister at their heels. And Lord Tywin is bringing around a second Lannister Army from the South. Our scouts confirm it's even larger than the Kingslayer's."

      The man who'd had his fingers bitten off says, "One army or two, the kings in the North threw back hosts 10 times as large." Robb's mother comes into view with an older man and it seems I'm the first to notice. Once everyone else catches on, they stand up in respect. 

      Robb says, "Mother!" His mother states, "You look well." She turns to me, "As do you." I nod and smile. The man with two less fingers says, "Lady Catelyn, you're a welcome sight in these troubled times." Theon says, "We had not thought to meet you here, my lady." She says, "I had not thought to be here. I would speak with my son alone. I know you will forgive me, my lords." The fingerless man says, "You heard her! Move your asses! Come on, out! You too, Greyjoy. Are you bloody deaf? Have no fear, my lady. We'll shove our swords up Tywin Lannisters bunghole and then it's on to the red keep to free Ned." Too graphic. He says to the older man, "you old devil, Rodrick." They walk out, talking to each other and I stand at the entrance, staying close but also trying to respect his mums wishes. 

      They hug and I smile. He really missed her. She tells him, "I remember the day you came into this world, redfaced and squalling. And now I find you leading a host to war." He insists, "There was no one else." She asks, "No one? Who were those men I saw there?" Robb says, "None of them are Starks." She explains, "All of them are seasoned in battle." Robb says, "If you think you can send me back to Winterfell-" but she says, "Oh, would that I could." Robb states, "There was...a letter. From Sansa." 

      I hear the scroll being opened and It's silent for a moment. His mother corrects, "From the Queen you mean." She's not wrong. It's quiet for another moment as she reads it. She says, "There's no mention of Arya." Robb answers, "No." She asks, "How many men do you have?" Robb says, "18,000. If I go to King's Landing and bend the knee to Joffrey--" but she interjects, "You would never be allowed to leave. No." I couldn't have said it better myself. 

      She continues, "Our best hope-our only hope-is that you can defeat them in the field." Robb asks, "And if I lose?" She asks him, "Do you know what happened to the Targaryen children when the mad king fell?" He replies, "They were butchered in their sleep." She states, "On the order of Tywin Lannister. And the years have not made him kinder." Who would kill a child based on what their parents did? It's not their fault. She continues, "If you lose, your father dies, your sisters die, we die." Robb says, "Well, that makes it simple then." She says, "I suppose it does." 

-End of Chapter 19-