- 41 -

~ Kenna's POV~

It's dark again. I'm having another dream. I see people cheering, a woman is stabbed in the stomach, Catelyn gets her throat cut. I see Robb crying. Suddenly, there's a knife with blood and I jolt up. I have a really bad feeling...

I get ready for the day and meet with Missandei and Danny who explained what happened last night with Daario Naharis and his late comrades.

We look at a map, talking about god knows what. I can't stop thinking about my dream. I feel protective of my babies now more than ever. I only make out what Danny says now, "Where?" Daario points to somewhere on the map and gets closer to Danny. Jorah clearly doesn't like it.

Daario puts his hand on hers and moves it to a different part of the map, "There. It's a back gate. My men use it when they visit Yunkai's bed slaves." Jorah asks, "Your men, but not you?" Daario answers, "I've no interest in slaves. A man cannot make love to property." Danny just looks at him, holding back a smirk.

Daario gets back to the map, "This is where we enter the city. Very few guards. They know me. They let me inside--" Ser Barristan says, "We're not gonna sneak an army through a back gate." Daario says, "I kill the guards. I take your two best men and lead them through the back streets, which I know well, and open the front gates. Then comes the army. Once the walls are breached, the city will fall in hours."

Jorah says, "Or perhaps you'll lead Grey Worm and me to the slaughter, cutting the head of our army. The masters of Yunkai will pay you your fee and you won't have to split it three ways 'cause you've already slaughtered your partners." Daario responds, "You have a very suspicious mind. In my experience, only dishonest people think this way."

Jorah turns to Grey Worm, "You command the Unsullied. What do you think?" Danny says softly, "You are a leader now. Do you trust him?" Grey Worm thinks before he says, "I trust him." Danny instructs, "You leave tonight." Jorah nods, "Very good. We'll prepare." Danny and Daario share a look just before he leaves.

Ser Barristan stops everyone at the door though, "Ser Jorah. You can use an extra sword." Jorah says, "You and Kenna are the Queensguard. Your place is by the queen. If we truly are her loyal servants, we'll do whatever needs to be done, no matter the cost, no matter our pride." They leave and it's just us now.

LATER THAT NIGHT

We're waiting as Jorah, Grey Worm, and Daario go to the gate. I'm holding my stomach, worry stricken across my face. Danny asks, "Kenna, what is wrong? You've had that look all day and I'm starting to worry." I reply, "Me too." I feel tears welling up and she sits next to me, Ser Barristan behind her. I explain, "I've been having these dreams. Some of it has come true, but I don't know about others. Last night I had a dream about Robb, his mother too. They were in a room with many men. There was a woman, gutted like a fish and tossed on the floor. His mother's throat was cut open like it was butter. And Robb....he was crying. Then I saw a knife with blood. I have this terrible feeling that something frightful is about to happen."

Tears fall and she hugs me while Ser Barristan holds a look of concern.

A FEW HOURS LATER

Danny stands up, walking over to Ser Barristan, "We've been waiting a long time. Haven't we?" He shrugs and she say, "I don't know, you tell me. How long does it take to sack a city." An instant later, the men return, covered in blood. Jorah says, "It was just as you said. They did not believe until it was too late. Their slave soldiers threw down their spears and surrendered." Everyone smiles, relieved.

Danny looks around, "And Daario Naharis?" Jorah looks hurt that she didn't even ask if he was alright. I know the feeling. Footsteps approach and he appears with a gift over his shoulder. He kneels in front of her and unrolls it. It's the banner of Yunkai. He says, "The city is yours, my queen."

~Robb's POV~

My wedding has just ended and I couldn't be happier. I will sadly admit that I do not love Talisa as much as I did Kenna, but I am happy. I get a tap on the shoulder and it's from my mother; she has a letter in her hand. She shows it to me and I read it, "My dear Robb, I don't know when you'll see this or if you ever will, but I wanted to tell you that I am doing well. All three of us are actually. I'm pregnant with two of your babes! I'm with Daenerys Targaryen in Yunkai and plan to see you soon. Please, write back if you can. I will love you always and forever. Signed, Kenna Snow."

I look at my mother with equal shock. Not only is Kenna alive, she's carrying my children as well. What will I tell Talisa? How will I tell Kenna about my new marriage and the fact that she's also pregnant with my child?

Walder yells, "Your Grace!" grabbing everyone's attention. He continues, "The septon has prayed his prayers, some words were said, and Lord Edmure has wrapped my daughter in a cloak. But they are not man and wife. A sword needs a sheath." The guests laugh.

He continues further, "And a wedding needs a bedding. What does my sire say?" The men pound on the table shouting, "To bed." I smile, putting the note folded on the table trying to push the matter for now, "If you think the time is right, Lord Walder, by all means, let us bed them." People jump and cheer. Talisa though, is definitely not.

They carry the girl away and Talisa stands. Next is Edmure. Talisa says to me as the last of them leaves, "That is a very strange custom." I respond, "I suppose it does seem strange from a foreigners perspective." Kenna would think the same if she was here right now. I still can't believe the woman I love above all else, even Talisa, is carrying my children. I love Talisa with all of my heart, but Kenna is different. I can't help it.

Talisa asks, "It seems normal to you?" I look at her, "It's a tradition. Without a bedding ceremony, there's no real proof the lord and lady consummated their marriage." She laughs and runs her hand down my arm, "But there are other ways of providing proof." She puts my hand on her stomach and we both smile.

I ask, "Boy or girl?" She smiles, "I don't know. But if it's a boy, I know what she should name him." I ask, "Oh, do you? It seems to me the father should have some say in his son's naming." She states, "Eddard." I just look at her, happily surprised. She asks, "Don't you want to teach little Ned Stark how to ride horses?" I answer, "I do." We smile and share a kiss. A man closes the door and everyone's curious.

The band plays, "Rains of Castamere," and I get a bad feeling. Mom clearly feels the same way. The music stops and Walder says, "Your grace. I feel I've been remiss in my duties." Talisa sits down and I step closer to his table. He continues, "I've given you meat and wine and music, but I haven't shown you the hospitality you deserve. My king has married. And I owe my queen a wedding gift." There's a slap sound and my mother yells, "Robb!" I turn around and Bolton runs out. A man runs up and stabs Talisa many times in the stomach as she screams in pain.

I walk towards her when an arrow shoots in my shoulder. My men get up, all of them getting shot and their throats slit. Talisa falls to the ground and I'm shot again. My mother is shot and we both fall too. Talisa is barely breathing, rubbing her stomach. I crawl to her and Walder laughs, "The King in the North arises." I hold her stomach in one hand and her head in the other.

Mother grabs a girl that was hiding under Walders table and puts a knife to her throat, "Lord Walder! Lord Walder, enough! Let it end! Please. He is my son. My first son. Let him go and I swear that we will forget this. I swear it by the old gods and the new. We will take no vengeance."

He says, "You already swore me an oath right here in my castle. You swore by all the gods your son would marry my daughter!" She begs, "Take me for a hostage, but let Robb go." I put Talisa down gently, tears falling. My mother commands, "Robb, get up. Get up and walk out. Please! Please!" Walder asks, "And why would I let him do that?" Mother presses the knife harder into the girl, "On my honor as a Tully, on my honor as a Stark, let him go or I will cut your wife's throat." I stand up, weak.

Walder just says, "I'll find another." I say, "Mother." Walder says, "I'll make sure to send a piece of you to your pregnant who in Yunkai as well. Maybe we'll hold a wedding for her as well." They must have read the letter. She turns to me and Bolton says, "The Lannister's send their regards." He stabs me and I fall to the ground. All I can think about as I quickly die is Kenna. Her face, her smile. Our passionate nights and laughs together. I will see you again in the next life, my love.

My mother cries loudly as she slits the girls throat. The last thing I see is my mother getting her throat cut...

- End of Chapter 41 -