- 27 -

~Kenna's POV~

      There's growling and something comes up behind me. I turn and see two beautiful dire wolves. Despite their beauty, they can be very vicious. They growl and I hold my stomach, protective for whatever reason. They see me and I squeeze my eyes as they come towards me. I expect to feel them biting me, but instead I feel fur. 

      I open my eyes and my hand is on it's head. I retract it and they bow their heads, letting out a quiet whimper. Maybe they aren't so vicious. I know that I have a way with animals, but what in the seven hells is happening here? It's like I've tamed them just by touching them. I put my blade away and they both rub up against me. 

      I walk back to camp and the horse starts getting antsy. The wolves sit down by the fire and I go to the horse, "Woah, hey boy, it's okay. It's okay." He calms down as I rub my hand gently down his face. 

      For the rest of the night I think of what I could name them. I kind of like the names Aragon for the boy (black) and Freki for the girl (orange/light brown)...

THE NEXT MORNING

        I wake to both Aragon and Freki laying nearly on top of me. They're both very warm. I've had no need for my cloak the closer that I get to the edge of the woods. I get up and they come alert. I put out my fire and hop on my horse, making my way to the very sandy land, both wolves by my sides. 

~Robb's POV~

      Theon's gone and I'm starting to fear that Kenna IS dead...I'm walking on a fresh battlefield after we've won yet another battle. As we walk past bodies, Bolton says, "Five Lannister's dead for every one of ours. They're dead. We've nowhere to keep all these prisoners. Barely enough food to feed our own." 

      I say, "We're not executing prisoners, Lord Bolton." He nods, "Of course, your grace. The officers will be useful. Some of them may be privy to Tywin Lannister's plans." I say, "I doubt it." He sighs, "Well, we'll learn soon enough. In my family we say, 'A naked man has few secrets. A flayed man has none.'"

      I state, "My father outlawed Flaying in the North." He says, "We're not in the North." I simply say firmly, "We're not torturing them." We look at each other and he says, "The high road's very pretty, but you'll have a hard time marching your army down it." I reply, "The Lannister's hold prisoners of their own. I won't give them an excuse to abuse my sisters."

      Before either one of us can say anything else, there's a man screaming in pain close by. A woman hushes him and I look over. She takes off his shoe and it's bad; it's really bad. There's flies buzzing around it. She says, "The rots set in." She tries to tie his leg and he tries to pull her away, saying, "No. Don't!" He lies, "It'll get better. It doesn't even hurt." I walk to them and she explains to him, "The rot will spread. If we don't take the foot now--" 

      He yells, "No, you can't!" I hold him down and he begs me, "Ser! Please, sir!" I tell him, "you'll die if she doesn't." He says, "I can't be a cripple, please." Bolton insists, "Surely one of our men needs your attention more than this cub." She says to him, "Your men are not my men, my lord." I put something in his mouth, "Put this in your mouth and lie down. You don't want to watch." He yells, "No, you can't!" But I force it in and demand, "Bite on it." 

      I continue, "It's better than biting on your own tongue, believe me." His screams are the only other thing that you can hear besides the saw cutting through skin and bone. This woman is quite impressive. I'm getting a similar feeling to what I had with Kenna and I can't help but to feel guilty.

      Who is this woman?

- End of Chapter 27 -