- 34 -

~Kenna's POV~

      I yell, "WHAT?!" I hold my stomach, "No, no, I'm not pregnant. There's no way." She walks over and holds my shoulders, "It's okay; it's okay. Everything's fine." I hold my stomach and think back. It hasn't been that long since the last time that me and Robb....you know. As I keep thinking back, I count the days. 

      This has to have been from that first night that we did it. Wow, pregnant on the first try. For the rest of the night, she lays with me. She even told me the story of the baby that she lost, Rhaego. 

THE NEXT DAY

      Right now it's me, Danny and Xaro waiting for the salty man that I shot my arrow at, but of course he's taking his sweet ass time and Danny is getting very impatient. She says, "He shouldn't make me wait." Xaro explains, "The spice king is the second wealthiest man in Qarth." I spit, "And the most annoying." He chuckles and continues, "He makes everyone wait. Of course, you could have avoided this embarrassment if you married the wealthiest man in Qarth."

      She insists, "I already have a husband." Xaro says, "Khal Drogo is gone, Khaleesi. You are far too young to be a widow forever and far too beautiful." Oh, gods. She says, "And you are far too smart to think that I will succumb to flattery." He states, "I have travelled very far in my life and met many women, but none that are immune to flattery."

      The salty merchant calls out, "The Mother of Dragons!" We all turn and look. He's walking down the stairs with a few people behind him. Xaro sighs, "Here he comes." The merchant pleads, "Forgive me. I had terrible dreams last night. Terrible dreams. I could not sleep until the sun was shining and the birds were singing. Look what a beauty you are now the red waste has been washed off you. I am so sorry about all that unpleasantness. The silver hair of a true Targaryen."

      He walks down and continues, "Xaro Xhoan Daxos, she is far too lovely for a glorified dockworker like yourself." Xaro says, "Very true, and yet they say that your grandfather, who sold pepper off the back of a wagon, married a lady far lovelier and higher born than himself." Me and Danny look at each other. The salty man says, "Every lady alive was lovelier and higher born than my grandfather." Everyone laughs and Danny clears her throat. 

      The salty man asks, "Did my servants not offer you something to eat, to drink? I'll have them flogged in the square." Danny says, "Thank you, my lord. You are a gracious host, but there is no servant alive that can bring me what I want." The salty man looks at Xaro, "Oh, she has a talent for drama, this one." I hold the string on my arrow and state, "I also have a talent...with my arrows. Shall I show you again, or perhaps I should use my sword this time?"

      He presses his lips together again and I smile. He asks Danny, "So, my little princess, what is it you want?" She answers, "My birthright--the seven kingdoms of Westeros." Salty man says, "I fear I'm no better than a servant in this regard. I cannot give you what I do not have." She asks, "I'm not asking you for the Kingdoms. I'm asking you for ships. I need to cross the narrow sea." He insists, "I need my ships as well. I use them, you see, to bring spices from one port to another." She says, "Whatever you grant me now will be repaid three times over when I retake the iron throne."

      He asks, "Retake? Did you once sit on the Iron Throne?" She explains "My father sat there before he was murdered." Salty man inquiries, "But if you did not sit on it yourself, would it not be correct to say take the Iron Throne?" I say, "She did not come here to argue grammar." Salty man replies, "Of course not. You came to take my ships. So let me explain my position, little princess." He gets closer and so do I, Aragon and Freki growling as a warning.

      He continues, "Unlike you, I do not have exalted ancestors. I make my living by trade. And I judge every trade on it's merits. You ask for ships. You say I shall be repaid triple. I do not doubt your honesty or your intentions. But before you repay your debts, you must seize the seven kingdoms. Do you have an army?" She answers, "Not yet." He restates, "you do not have an army. Do you have powerful allies in Westeros?"

      She explains, "There are many there that support my claim." He asks, "When were you there last?" She says, "I left when I was a baby." He shrugs, "So, in truth, you have no allies." She insists, "The people will rise to fight for their rightful queen when I return." He smiles, "Ah. Forgive me, little princess, but I cannot make an investment based on wishes and dreams." I say, "Then perhaps you should no longer invest in the women I see you trying to persuade into being your wife. I'm afraid that contrary to YOUR wishes and dreams, women don't want fat, insufferable men for husbands." 

      He says, "One more word like that and I will have you dead with just a snap of my fingers." I step forward, "I'm afraid you've forgotten who you're threatening." Aragon runs and jumps on him, forcing him to the ground and snarling viciously, "You will show more respect to me and my queen or I will have YOU dead with just a snap of my fingers." Aragon barks and growls just before coming back to me. He stands up, indignant. 

      He spits, "Pardon me." Danny asks, "Do you know Illyrio Mopatis, Magister of Pentos?" He answers, "Yes, we've met. A shrewd man." Danny says, "For my wedding he gave me three petrified dragon eggs. He believed--the world believed--that the ages had turned them into stone. How many ages has it been since dragons roamed the skies? But I dreamt that if I carried those eggs into the great fire, they would hatch. When I stepped into the fire, my own people thought I was mad. But when the fire burned out, I was unhurt, the Mother of Dragons."

      She walks up the steps and asks, "Do you understand? I'm no ordinary woman. My dreams come true." He whispers to her, just loud enough for everyone to hear, "I admire your passion. But in business, I trust in logic, not passion. I'm sorry, little princess." She spits, "I am not your little princess. I am Daenerys Stormborn of the blood of old Valyria and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood, I will take it." He continues walking up the stairs, "yes, my lady, but not with my ships." He leaves and we're left here.

      That man will be his own undoing just as Xaro...

- End of Chapter 34 -