- 13 -

~ Kenna's POV ~

      I get dressed in new clothes, but they're the same design: shirt and pants. I walk up the stairs and see Robb, just about to make his way up. He sees me and we both smile. We walk up, me right behind him. As we walk, I can't get the thought of last night out of my head and it makes me blush. I shake it out of my head as we approach his door. 

      As we're about to open his door, there's an older woman talking to Bran, "In that darkness, the Whitewalkers came for the first time. They swept through the cities and kingdoms, riding their dead horses, hunting their packs of pale spiders, big as hounds-" Robb opens the door, interrupting her. I enter behind him and see that he's clearly awake. I guess he woke up last night. 

      Robb asks the old woman playfully, "What are you telling him now?" She responds, "Only what the little lord wants to hear. Robb says, "Get your supper. I want some time with him. I smile at her as she leaves. She gives me a look that makes me slightly feel a little freaked out, but I ignore it. Bran asks, "Were you in here last night?" 

      I just now notice that he's talking to me. I say, "U-um, yes. How did you know?" He says, "I don't know." I say, "Well, it's nice to see that you're doing better." He half smiles and I smile. Robb says, referring to the older woman who just left, "One time she told me the sky is blue because we live inside the eye of a blue eyed giant named Macomber."

      I say, " Gases and particles in Earth's atmosphere scatter sunlight in all directions. Blue light is scattered more than other colors because it travels as shorter, smaller waves. This is why we see a blue sky most of the time." They both look at me confused and I chuckle nervously, "Sorry, I'll stop talking. Continue." 

      They both smile and I put my hands behind my back. Robb asks him, clearing his throat, "How do you feel?" sitting on his bed next to him. He asks, "You still don't remember anything?" Bran shakes his head and I can tell that he's lying. It's like he's protecting someone. Whether it's himself or his family, I don't know; it might be both. 

      Robb seems to have caught on too, "Bran, I've seen you climb a thousand times. In the wind, in the rain - a thousand times. You never fell." Bran states, "I did though. It's true, Isn't it, what maester Luwin says about my legs?" Robb nods sorrowfully. I feel sadness for them. I can tell the boy is very upset about it; he didn't deserve that. 

      Bran says, "I'd rather be dead," and my heart cracks. Robb says, "Don't ever say that." Bran repeats, "I'd rather be dead." I can see Robb's heart breaking to hear his brother be saying this. Robb says, "I have to go, but I'll come see you later." Bran nods and looks away. Robb looks as if he might be about to cry, water building up in his eyes, as he leaves and I smile at Bran just before I shut his door, following Robb down the stairs. 

      He's upset. I say, "wait, wait, wait, Robb, stop." I hold him back just as we reach the bottom of the stairs and he turns around, angry, "I'm going to Kill the Lannisters." I ask, "Why?" I'm guessing they're the king and queen maybe. He says, "They pushed him from that tower." I ask, "How do you know?" He explains, "My mothers - she found Lannister hair in the room where he fell. And that knife the man used to attack you and my mother, the knife that was going to be used to Bran, it was forged in Kings Landing. Someone royal had to have given him that knife. They sent someone to murder my brother." 

      He must've seen something he shouldn't have...he takes a few deep breathes, hands on his hips, trying to hold back his tears but he's failing at it. I say, "Hey, hey," and pull him close, getting on my tippy toes to hug him, throwing my arms around his neck. He hugs me back and sobs into my shoulder. I can't imagine how he'd be if Bran had actually died. I know this feeling all too well. Right now, he just needs to know that I'm here for him.

      Once he's done crying, he pulls away and I ask, "Hey, why don't I help you take your mind off of it?" He looks confused or should I say intrigued. I explain, "I was thinking, maybe you could teach me how to use a sword." He nods, "Yea, let's go. I have some time." 

- End of Chapter Thirteen -