|| PROLOGUE ||

CHA NARAE

It's been a few years since I began to live in the busy city of Seoul. My journey shines on its own after the opportunities that life brought to me. So far, I've worked for a high-ranked architecture industry, where I made a lot of good friends and lovely memories. I can't complain about the pay nor the employees, even though some of them aren't of my liking, I still enjoy the place I have in this company. I'm grateful that the CEO saw potential in me as an architect, and that so far, he has given me various projects to work on with talented people.

I work many hours a day when I'm working on something important; however, on a casual day, I get out of work at noon. Throughout my time in this company, I learned so many things I didn't know about the career I studied, and I got to work more on my abilities. Yet, some things are bothering me from time to time, but I never talk about them since my boss wouldn't care one bit. The CEO might love me, but his son has a different perspective on me. He's in charge of the department that I work in, so all my complaints should go directly to him. I never speak about them because I know he wouldn't care; after all, he isn't the "unfortunate heir" for anything.

My boss is unfortunate; I can almost say that he would live miserable if it weren't for his friends. But no one can blame him; many people stabbed Mr. Na on the back; his supposed friends just wanted money and then humiliate him in front of everybody he knows. Every time I hear about the things he lived, my heart aches, and I feel sorry for him. But when I remember how he treats me, it's easier to brush it off after some time. He doesn't like me at all, Mr. Na is always telling me that everything I do is wrong, and when I fix things up, he doesn't say anything. Yet, that's not the worse part. There's this lady that walks inside the agency as if it belonged to her, and this girl's name is Sonu Eunju. She's a friend of the Na's family, but Ms. Sonu loves to be clingy with Mr. Na, which sometimes annoys me; after all, we come to the agency to work, not to flirt and look for attention.

Mr. Na's cold-hearted soul makes him avoid Ms. Sonu, which is fun to watch. My best friend and I always have a great time looking at how she gets ignored. Of course, she hates us because we make fun of her, but that's her fault to look like a fool in front of Mr. Na.

Nowadays, I feel that I'm about to explode. New projects are coming up, and I get stressed about them, but I also feel defeated every time Mr. Na says that my work isn't good enough. It didn't get to me that much when I started in this agency, yet little by little, those comments make me doubt myself more and more. I wish he could stop and let me work as I know; I want him to be like his father, but once again, he's cold-hearted and doesn't listen to anyone but himself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was time for the "dreams." So, I hope you enjoy this book and thank you for choosing it.

Now, enjoy the book!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DISCLAIMERS

#1

The book resembles a fiction story, which means that the content is only for entertainment purposes. Its content doesn't mean to harm or offend anybody.

#2

The storyline includes the content of violence and depression. The aspects listed won't get described explicitly; however, if you're sensitive to this type of content, beware.

#3

This book is an original story that uses NCT DREAM members as characters and with Na Jaemin as the lead.

#4

This title is the first book of the sequels.