Chapter 1

Singhania Group - Royal Family and a Billion-Dollar Business Empire

His Highness Inder Singhania (IS) is the Founder, Chairman, and Managing Director of the prestigious Singhania Group. He is one of the most prominent and respected figures in India. Despite belonging to a Royal family, the Singhania's weren't wealthy 35 years ago. It was through his relentless hard work, dedication, and disciplined lifestyle that he transformed the family's fortune and built the vast business empire.

Rina Inder Singhania (RS), the wife of Inder Singhania, stands as the Co-founder and CEO of Singhania Group. Alongside her husband, she has been a pillar of support, contributing equally to the establishment and success of the business.

Sidharth Singhania (Sid), the only son of IS and RS, grew up as an ignored child, a product of wealth and privilege. He was raised by a nanny during his early years, as his parents were engrossed in laying the foundation of their empire, leaving little time for personal involvement in his upbringing.

 He was raised by a nanny during his early years, as his parents were engrossed in laying the foundation of their empire, leaving little time for personal involvement in his upbringing

Rest of the of the characters will be introduced as the story progresses

White shirt now red, my bloody nose
Sleepin', you're on your tippy toes
Creepin' around like no one knows
Think you're so criminal
Bruises on both my knees for you
Don't say thank you or please
I do what I want when I'm wanting to
My soul? So cynical

So you're a tough guy
Like it really rough guy
Just can't get enough guy
Chest always so puffed guy
I'm that bad type
Make your mama sad type
Make your girlfriend mad tight
Might seduce your dad type
I'm the bad guy, duh

I'm the bad guy

(Beep beep... Phone rings)

Sid answered the call on speaker while still driving.

Sid: Hello, tell me.

The lady on the other end: "Sidharth... Sidharth.."

Sid: Yeah, Her Highness, I know you named me Sidharth 30 years back. Now do you have anything else to say?

RS: Sidharth, where are you?

Sid: What? Since when does it matter to you about my whereabouts?

RS: Come on, Sidharth, keep your sharp words for later. Can you come to Royal Emerald Hospital quickly?

Sid: My friends are waiting for me at the club. Is it anything urgent?

RS: Sidharth, I need you right now. Just do as I say.

Sid: Okay, fine.

(Background music continues...)

Sid listened to the song lyrics as he drove, his mind preoccupied with the conversation he just had with RS.

So you're a tough guy
Like it really rough guy
Just can't get enough guy
Chest always so puffed guy
I'm that bad type
Make your mama sad type
Make your girlfriend mad tight
Might seduce your dad type
I'm the bad guy, duh

He pulled over the car at the Royal Emerald Hospital parking lot and called RS on his phone.

Sid: Yeah, I am at the parking lot.

RS: 5th floor ICU.

He reached the 5th floor, where Rina Singhania (RS) approached him and hugged him.

Sid: Hey, Her Highness, are you alright? What is this? You called me here to give a hug?

RS: Sidharth, why are you so cold? Your father is in ICU fighting for his life.

Sid: What? (Shocked) What happened to him?

RS: We don't know. He suddenly fell unconscious during the meeting. We rushed him here, and the doctors are treating him, but they say his condition is critical.

Just then, the doctor came near to them and broke the news.

Doctor: I am sorry, Mrs. Singhania, we could not save Mr. Singhania.

RS started crying and held onto Sid.

Sid: But what is the cause of his death?

Doctor: We will need to send his body for a post-mortem for further analysis, but as of now, we can only say he was poisoned.

RS and Sid: What??? Poisoned??

Doctor: Yes.

RS: Doctor, as you understand, he was not any normal person but a big business tycoon. We want to keep the reason for his death confidential. We are in grief, but as the CEO of the Singhania Group, I need to make sure that this news doesn't harm our business at large.

Doctor: I understand, Mrs. Singhania. However, we do have to inform the police about this, but we will make sure that we don't give out the reason for his death to the media until we have permission from you or the proper authority.

RS: Thank you, Doctor.

Sid was surprised to see his mother's presence of mind even in this situation. She was a true businesswoman. He had never felt that attached to his mother or father, as they never shared any bond like a family. They always remained busy at the office, and the only time they sat together was for dinner, where they couldn't talk as his father was a disciplined person who had a rule that one should eat food in silence. Sid wondered why this rule didn't apply to him when he went to client meetings during lunch.

The police arrived at the hospital to carry out their investigation. RS assured them of total cooperation, but she also instructed that the reason for his death not be disclosed until they completed their inquiries, as the company's reputation and market value would be at stake.

They went home after completing all the formalities while the body was sent for autopsy and would be handed over to the family once it was done.

The mourning was just for a day since the next day, RS took charge of the office as the share prices of the Singhania Group pointed south due to the news.

The company's legal advisor, Mr. Rehman, called RS at her office. He informed her that he had to speak to her and her family about the Will. He instructed that both RS and Sid should be present while he read the Will.

RS asked Mr. Rehman to come to their home at 8 a.m. the next day.

____________
Read on for few chapters so that it interests you!

Drop in your reviews and comments on this..