Chapter 9

Shehnaaz walks to her room door and observes right and left. When she is assured that there is no one, she dials a number from her phone.

Shehnaaz: Good Evening Officer Kumar!

Officer Kumar: Any progress Agent Sana?

Shehnaaz: There is not much of a progress. Sidharth Shukla was close to his nanny Radha. She died around 4 and half years back. The head maid told there was foam coming out of her mouth however Singhania's say it was a heart attack. I suspect that both the deaths are interlinked and I feel if I investigate further on the former incident, we can get cue to the later.

Officer Kumar: Seems fishy!! Go for it and believe your insticts! Just be careful.

Sid reaches Shehnaaz's room stumbling. Shehnaaz gets alert.

Shehnaaz: Ok Bhaiyya! Take care of the little one. I shall talk to you later. (Disconnects)

She finds Sid staring at her. Shehnaaz thoughts - I hope he didn't hear me talking to Officer. I should pretend to be normal.

Shehnaaz: Hello Sir! What brings you hear?

Sid: (Holding on to the door frame and trying to hit the door but missing it) Knock Knock Knock!!! Chashmiiisssshh, may I come in?

Shehnaaz realizes that he is drunk. She goes to him and support him to walk inside the room.

Shehnaaz: What is it Sir? You took money to buy alcohol?

Sid: (cups her head from behind and places his other palm on her mouth) Ssshhh.. Ssshhh.. Before you complain Maa about being rude to you, I.. I.. want to clarify you that YES I took money for drink but I didn't use it. Maa promise!

Shehnaaz looks into his eyes as he has shut her mouth. He then takes his hands off her mouth and puts his hand inside his pocket and takes out the money which she had given..

Sid: Here!! See, I still have them! I couldn't invest your har.. harD earned money into bad! (Holds both her hands in his)

Shehnaaz: But you are drunk.

Sid: Yes, Rashmi bought me drink. Oh, wai.. wait.. She is Reshma Banu now.. She people change their name for money and you.. (points finger on her forehead and presses it 3 times) ..you chashmish are sooo obsessed with your name.

Shehnaaz: Sir, You seem to be not in your senses. Let me drop you back to your room before you pass out again!

She places his hands around her neck and slides her hand around his back while holding his hand with her other hand. He stands up only to fall on the bed unconscious along with her. Her hand stuck behind his back. She tries to push him to release her hand with other, but he was too heavy to be able to push with just one hand.

She gives up trying as it was of no use. She falls asleep on the bed beside him trying to maintain distance.

As per her internal alarm clock and her habbit, she wakes up at 6am but Sid is still sleeping as per his broken alarm clock. She tries shaking him and waking him up but no use. She lies there tired and falls asleep again after some time due to lack of sleep at night.

Sid's eyes open at 10am and he sees Shehnaaz lying beside him. He looks at her face totally smitten by her beauty. He feels Shehnaaz waking up and quickly shuts his eyes pretending to be asleep and with the fear of getting caught admiring her.

She opens her eyes and starts calling him again. He doesn't open his eyes, she trys pushing him and pulling the other hand. That's when he realizes her hand under his back. He quickly wakes up and sits straight.

Shehnaaz screams as the blood circulation resumes to flow again into her arm with a stinging pain. Sid panics looking at her in pain.

He continuously goes on apologising her for hurting her unknowingly. Though Shehnaaz was trained to bear such pains, looking at Sid feeling guilty for his mistake and pleading apology which he never does, she keeps acting to teach him a lesson and also get closer to him to get information about Radha Aunty.

He calls the doctor and the doctor does her check-up and gives her pain-killer. He asks her to take rest since her hand had gone through a lot of pressure.

Sid has head down due to the weight of his guilt on his mind.

Shehnaaz: Sir, it's ok. I will fine since the doctor has given me the pain killer.

Sid: I am extremely sorry Shehnaaz. I am still wondering how did your hand get under my body?

Shehnaaz: (facepalms with her left hand) You were high on alcohol last night when you walked into my room and I offered you support to drop you to your room. But instead you passed out falling on the bed and my hand which was supporting you at the back got punished.

Sid: I thought I am just harming myself by consuming alcohol but it is harming others close to me. I promise you today that I will never touch the alcohol. That's gona be my punishment for hurting you.

Shehnaaz: I am glad that my hand got crushed under your weight atleast it did something good in a way.

Mahesh gets soup for Shehnaaz, he keeps the soup bowl on the bed top table so that she can have it.

Shehnaaz trys slurping up soup with her left hand, but she ends up spilling it on her dress. Sid takes out his hankie and wipes of the spilled soup immediately and offers her to help her in having soup.

Shehnaaz: It's ok Sir. I will manage.

Sid: I know you will manage but I think feeding you is better than wiping off the spilled soup on your dress.

Shehnaaz: I will ask Malini to help me.

Sid: It's fine Chashmish, I insist. Oh sorry, Shehnaaz!

Shehnaaz: (smiles) I think I like being called chashmish now..

They both laugh out loud!!

Sid takes care of her for the rest of the day. In the evening, Sid is sitting on the chair beside Shehnaaz

Shehnaaz: Sir, What kind of bride are you looking for?

Sid: What makes you ask me this question Chashmish? Are you hitting on me?

Shehnaaz: Oh No No No!! Not at all Sir! I have been instructed by Mrs. Singhania to get a list of brides for your Swayamvar.

Sid: Oh!! (What is this girl even? When girls around the whole world is hitting on me and dieing to get my attention. This girl, she clearly ignoring me and rejecting me outright)

Shehnaaz: Sir, if you give me certain criterias and characteristics that you are looking for in your future wife, I can accordingly try finding few from various platforms.

__________
That's it for today guys!!

Have fun and keep supporting my story.