Chapter 46

Sana: Sidharth, it's my first ultrasound tomorrow. I am going to see our baby.

Sidharth: What? What time?

Sana: At 10:30am.

Sidharth: Even I want to see my baby.

Sana: But Sidharth, you have meeting with Tarneja's at 10:00 am, remember?

Sidharth: How do you know? You are not my secretary now? I don't have any meetings in the morning.

Sana: Lier Lier, your underwear is on fire! I already checked with your secretary yesterday.

Sidharth: Oh!! That meeting, it got postponed yesterday evening itself.

Sana: Oh okay!! So can you make it to Dr. Rathi's tomorrow?

Sidharth: Ofcourse, I will. And what's it with underwear and all?

Sana: (giggles) This was our dialogue when we were kids. I have to use them on our baby in future so was just remembering them.

Sidharth: That's so cool, tell me also some lines, I will also learn them, after all it's my baby too.

Sana: (Laughs) Okay, I'll message you whenever I remember them.

Sidharth: Give one minute, I have to make an urgent call.

Sidharth takes the phone and goes out. He dials his secretary's number and speaks to her.

Sidharth: Nisha, Call Tarneja's tomorrow and tell them I would be having fever tomorrow.

Nisha: (confused) Sir?

Sidharth: Oops! Sorry tell him that I am not well and we will have to postpone the meeting for the day after.

Nisha: Okay Sir!

Sidharth checks right and left after disconnecting to check if Sana didn't hear him.

He goes back to the room and starts talking to the baby in her belly. Sana laughs at him.

Sana: You speak to baby as if it can hear you.

Sidharth: Yes, she can! I read it on the internet that they connect with us from the womb by our voice, so they calm down when they hear our voice when they come out.

Sana: Oh!! That's awesome. You do a lot of reading! So, you can take care of the baby post birth since it will be connected to you.

Sidharth: I am ever ready for it. (Touching her belly) Right sweetheart? Daddy and Baby will do lots of fun, isn't it?

Sana: Oooohh! I am feeling jealous already, so you two already planned to keep me out of the group. (Makes a sad face pout)

Sidharth: Oh Lord!! Chashmish, you are our heart and soul, how can we leave you out? (Kisses her pout) You will get double love, mine and baby's in future.

Sana smiles and gives him a hug with one hand while she touches her belly by the other.

Next day, Sidharth takes Sana to the clinic. Sidharth takes permission from the doctor to see the ultrasound being present inside. He looks at the screen in amazement like a kid who looks at the cakes/candies at the confectioners display. He curiously points out at the screen and asks what is this and what is that question to the operator.

Sana observes him with a big smile, her happiness lied in his happiness. Once done, the doctor hands over a small picture of the ultrasound to Sidharth and he grins from one ear to another.

 Once done, the doctor hands over a small picture of the ultrasound to Sidharth and he grins from one ear to another