Chapter 3

Post meeting, RS asks her PA to post an advertisement calling candidates for the post of personal secretary.

RS: Ms. Lyla, arrange for the interview schedules tomorrow for the post of personal secretary. Look for the following criteria's for initial screening and see that I meet only those who pass these criteria. First, it's 24/7 job, which means he/she be available at anytime hence should stay in the palace. Next, should be able to join immediately same day post the interview. Corporate exposure, working knowledge of company and also handle personal schedules and data. Salary band would be similar to B2 level. It's a fixed contract for 12 months with chances of being permanent post 12 months.

Lyla writes down all the points and immediately acts on it. She shortlists five candidates based on the criteria's set by RS and sends out email interview calls with meeting time and venue.

RS informs Sid that he should be present for the interviews since he would have to closely work with the selected candidate. The interviews are scheduled from 9am to 11am.

Next morning at 7am butler knocks on the door.

Sid: (lying on the bed, still closing his eyes) Who's it?

Butler: Sir, Mrs. Singhania sent me to check if you are already awake since you have interviews scheduled from 9am at office.

Sid: Yeah right! (With a frown) what's the time?

Butler: Its 7am sir.

Sid: (Oh damn, I need 20 mins to freshen up and 10 mins to get ready. I will have breakfast in the car on my way. It takes 30 mins to reach office with moderate traffic, that's 1 hours roughly) Okay! Mahesh (butler), please iron a pair of formal clothes and polish my shoes. And wake me up at 8am please until then please do not disturb.

Butler: Ohh.. Okay Sir!

Sid: Hey Mahesh, if Mrs. Singhania asks, tell her I am getting ready and will join her in office directly.

Butler: (scared and confused) S.. Sirrr??

Sid: Just do as I say and please do not disturb until 8am. (Doses off)

RS leaves for office. The Butler wakes Sid at 8am and Sid half heartdly goes to freshen up and asks butler to pack a sandwich for him to eat on the way.

At 8:30am he leaves to office and reaches at 9am. He enters the RS cabin. RS is already attending to the first candidate.

Sid: Hell'O the interviews already started!

RS: Mr. Sidharth Singhania, you are late by 3 mins.

Sid: Yes Ma'am. I reached the office exactly at 9am but by the time I could come to cabin it took 3 mins.

RS: Well, next time you should plan the time accordingly then.

Sid occupies the seat next to RS while RS is asking questions. Sid not bothered about the question or answers just observing the interviewee's physic.

RS: please wait outside we shall inform the result at 11am.

Candidate walks out of cabin.

Sid: Why waste time? Just select her, she is damn hot!

RS: Sidharth, we are not selecting a girlfriend or wife for you. She couldn't answer few questions. Will wait until the final candidate before selecting.

RS continues with 3 more candidates. And everytime she asks them to wait for results he says they look hot, bomb or sexy and RS gives him a look, to shut up.

The final candidate enters the room. She enters with a trolly suitcase and parks it in the corner. She has a great physic, nicely combed her hair, with average looks wearing a glasses.