Chapter 12

When Sid reaches the office, RS is astonished as she didn't expect Sid to be in office by his own that too 2 days before the date assigned.

RS: Sidharth, I hope I am not dreaming! Are you for real in office?

Sid: And I am surprised that you could even think of seeing me in your dream. I thought you only dreamt about money or office.

Shehnaaz standing beside Sid, excuses herself to avoid any embarrasment RS might feel infront of her.

RS: Looks like everything in this world can change except for your bitterness towards your own mother.

Sid: Mother? What is it? I am not familiar with that word. I had one person 'Maa' in my life and I lost her long back.

RS: Sidharth, for how long are you going to be like this? Whatever you've been enjoying all this years is because of your father and my struggle. We worked our ass off to provide you with everything.

Sid: But I didn't even wanted this. Hmm.. let's just leave it here. I need to go.

He turns back and start leaving the office as his mood was off. However, he encounters Shehnaaz near the office entrance. Sid doesn't say a word since he was angry.

Shehnaaz: Sidharth, do you want to share anything with me? I am here to help you.

Sid: Shehnaaz, please I don't want to scream at you or say anything bad which would want me to repent later.

Shehnaaz: Okay, don't do that. Can I just accompany you wherever you are heading? I promise I wouldn't speak a word until you permit me.

Sid nods his head. Shehnaaz sits with him in his car and he drives quietly and after 30 mins, he parks his car on the side. Shehnaaz looks around and it's a beach. He gets down and Shehnaaz follows him. He sits near the shore watching the tides hit the shore and go back. Shehnaaz quitely sits with him and waits until he speaks.

Sid: When I was a child I came here with Maa. She would play with me and we built sand castles. She came into my life when I was 3 months old and she was just 20 year old. She grew so fond of me and attached to me that she never married as she didn't wanted to leave me or share her love with anyone else than me.

You know until I reached 5th Standard I didn't know that Mr. and Mrs. Singhania were my biological parents.

When I went to school, other kids asked me where is your father and I would say I only have maa. They would speak about their father taking them on walk by lifting them up on their shoulders, riding a cycle with their father, going out with their father for movie and eating ice-cream. When I told maa about those stories, she would do all this just to make me happy.

One day when one of my friend lost his father and told me that his father died and would never return, I asked maa whether my father also died and hence he would never come back. That's when she told me that Mr. Singhania is my father and Mrs. Singhania is my mother. I only saw these two for my birthday party when they had a party and I thought that they were also one among the guests who came to wish me on my birthday.

I slept before 8:30pm and woke up late and by then they would have left for office. After I came to know that my father is not dead, I waited few days until late night when he came home just to talk to him, but he was so disciplined that he wouldn't talk during dinner and post dinner he would hit the bed by just wishing me good night.

I never longed for mother's love because Maa gave me that and she even gave me father's love as well. As I grew, I ignored the feeling of having a parents as they forgot me that I was their son. But when Maa died (tears feeling up sid's eyes) these people didn't even inform me and they treated her like just another employee.

Sid sobs like a child, Shehnaaz too had tear in her eyes listening to him. She quickly gets up on her knees and hugs him to allow him cry, still being silent. He hugs her and his head is pressed to her breast yet there were no feeling of awkwardness between them. They were totally lost in a grieving process. She strokes his hair slightly and he feels relieved after 15 mins. She then gets up and goes from there without telling him anything.

Sid's thought - Where did she go? After maa's demise, this is the first time and she is the only person to whom I showed my vulnerable side. Even, when I am drunk I never opened up with anyone. Why did I cry infront of her? She must have thought that I am a coward or a cry baby because people have a notion that men shouldn't cry. That's why she walked away from me.

After opening up my layers to her, I feel calm and relaxed. Now I want her beside me, to just talk to me. I spent 5 years alone without any friends or family members besides me but today I need her. Why?

Suddenly, he saw a shadow on the ground near him and he looks behind, Shehnaaz is standing with tender coconut in her hand. He smiles at her and she smiles back at him.

Sid: Where did you go without telling me?

Shehnaaz hands him the tender coconut and signs him to drink it. He looks at her confused.

Sid: What's wrong? Why are you not speaking up? Speak up Chashmish!

Naaz: (exhales loudly) I had promised that I will be silent until you ask me to speak.

Sid laughs out loud.

Naaz: I went to buy this for you since you would have been exhausted after that emotional breakdown.

Sid: Thank you! (He sips the coconut water)

Naaz: For what?

Sid: For listening to me and being with me. I never shared this with anyone nor do I have any friends. So I felt blessed to have you beside me.

Naaz: Anytime!! I said it earlier and I say it again, I am here to help you always.

Sid: But this wasn't professional but personal

Naaz: Ofcouse and I am also not your professional secretary, I am your personal secretary. Remember?

Sid: Wow so, Marry me!!

Naaz: What?? (Questioned look)

Sid: Contract Marriage!! (Smiles)

Naaz: No please!

Sid: (laughs) Okay fine, lets go to office, I need to start working.

Naaz: Sure, but can I tell you something.

Sid: I am all ears

Naaz: Consider being acquaintance with Mrs. Singhania if not cordial. Not for her good but for your own peace of mind. You are holding your growth from keeping yourself in your past. Do you realise how you have lost 5 years from your life due to this? Your life is precious and even your Maa would want your happiness. She wouldn't be happy wherever she is because you are sad.

Sid listens to each and every word carefully and promises her secretly inside that he would work on it while just noding to her from outside.

_______________

My thought, everyone should cry their heart out when they feel like. Be it a man or woman. Its gives you relief and saves you from heart attack. Even statics states that men are more prone to heart attacks than women because they supress their pain and don't cry.

Have a lovely day and ladies do lend your shoulder when men in your life wants to cry.

❤️❤️❤️