Chapter 23

Lyla gives confirmation letter to Shehnaaz where it is mentioned that she is no more an employee on contract but has been made a permanent employee.

Sid: Hey Chashmish, once you have the confirmation letter, apply for the loan.

Shehnaaz: Thanks Sidharth, I already got the confirmation letter. It has been a great support.

Sid: No worries, just quickly finish your loan formalities. We need to discuss on the wedding date and other details.

Shehnaaz's feels an electric jolt run inside reminding of the wedding deal she made with him. It was not a petty thing for her. Her entire life was depending on it. Though being a strong and independent woman, she still had her own share of dreams about her marriage like every other girl.

The seven vows taken in front of the sacred fire and Almighty Lord was not a joke for her. They were a lifetime promise for her. Which now sadly will have an expiration date.

The black beaded necklace worn around the neck was a sense of belonging to someone and depicted responsibilities towards her partner. Which now will look like a burden and a mere jewelry.

The vermilion which is filled in the division of hair on the forehead was the colour of love between the two souls. Now felt like the blood from the murder of her emotions.

The tears which she would have shedded while leaving her father and family and going to her husband's house would now be dried and unseen as her family wouldn't be part of this fake marriage.

The bed decorated with enchanted flowers to give a start to her relationship with her soul-mate would feel like a bed of thorn, piercing her body to bleed everynight spent in this fake marriage.

Sid was looking at her face now as if he could read it. The war she was fighting within.

His thoughts - Chashmish, I know you are going through a lot from inside. You are not happy with this marriage since your personality is as such that you believe in pure bonds and not some contract.

I wish I could tell you that you were the only person who could heal my wounds and you are the only person I trust with my closed eyes. If at all I make a good person who would be successful in managing this business and if at all I succeed in putting back the shattered smithereens of my life. Than I would want to convert our marriage into a real one. The one where we both could be happier and content.

Shehnaaz completes the loan application and paperwork. The process was speedy since she got instant approval from the CEO, Mrs. Singhania herself. Shehnaaz than calls her brother.

Shehnaaz: Hello Bhaiyya

Param: Hello Motto, how are you?

Shehnaaz: I am fine. How is Papa? (Her voice heavy as if she would cry any moment)

Param: Motto, he is fine. Please don't cry everything will be alright my pumpkin. I am trying my level best. Don't be sad.

Shehnaaz: (putting up all strength she had to fight the tears) Bhaiyya, I've managed to arrange money for the operation.

Param: (taken aback) Motto? You said you didn't have any saving, how did you manage to get that huge amount?

Shehnaaz: I've taken a loan from my office. Bhaiyya, I will do RTGS tomorrow as I would get them tomorrow in my account. But I won't be able to come during operation. I have already used all my influence to get the loan, I can't ask them for leave now. (Few sobs live her mouth in between)

Param: Sana, don't worry. You've given your maximum. The duties which I ought to do have been done by you. I will take care of Papa.

Shehnaaz: Thank you bhaiyya. Give my love to everyone.

Param: Sure Motto. Everything will be fine. Will call you before the operation starts. I will go and speak to the doctor right away. Bye!

Shehnaaz: Okay. Bye!

Shehnaaz goes into the office washroom, locks the door and sobs. She came into Singhania Palace to solve a murder mystry but now her life was a jigsaw puzzle. Nobody knew entire story of her life. She was living in two different world both unknown to the people on the other end. She couldn't share it with anyone.

She cries and cries for almost 15 mins,  when her phone rings. She looks at the screen display, it's Sidharth. She wipes her tear and controls her tears before answering.

Sid: Hello, Chashmish where are you? I've been searching you from past 10 minutes.

Shehnaaz: Haa.. I am in restroom.

Sid: (Senses her sad tone) Are you crying?

Shehnaaz: (Clears her throat) No! Why would I?

Sid: Just come out quickly, I am waiting for you in the parking to drive home.

Shehnaaz: Hmm.. I'll be there in 5 mins.

Shehnaaz splashes water on her face, wipes her face and goes out to the parking.

Sid looks at her face. Though she washed her face, her eyes were sore and red. He feels his heart ache at the sight. They sit in the car and drive in silence.

Sid's thought - I agreed to marry and manage the business for the Will earlier because I was so addicted to going out and spending time out of the house to forget the pain of losing and missing Maa, got drunk, had casual relations or made out with any girl in a drunken state who drolled over me for my money.

After I met Shehnaaz, I connected to her emotionally and trusted her. I've found myself getting attracted to her and feeling possesive for her. I just don't want to lose her.

I dont want the money or property now. I want her in my life and even though I know she is unhappy getting into this contract marriage, I will not allow her to back out of it.

I know I am selfish but I just have her in my life, so it be. We don't have a physical written contract, we will be having an oral contract and no witness. So this is my chance to not let her go from my life.

I am not caging her, but I am just buying myself sometime to earn her in my life. I will make sure she stays with her own will even after a year.

Shehnaaz thoughts: I can do anything for my family and country. Even though I agreed to marry him pressurised from my personal and professional circumstances, I respect him. He is a good person. I will pay off my loan at the earliest within a year and set him free once the contract period is over. Even if my investigation gets over, I will have to continue to work as his secretary until I pay the loan even of it means resigning from my CBI job. As I stay strong on my commitment and loyal to my promise.

Inorder to keep the marriage a low affair, Sid and Shehnaaz agree on court marriage. However on Mrs. Singhania's condition they were having a reception party to introduce the bride to all the business associates and extended families.

_________________________
Sorry for late update.

That's my birthday cake, baked by myself.. 😊

Enjoy reading and thanks to all those who are supporting and encouraging my stories.

Love you all

❤️❤️