Chapter 38

Sidharth was woken up by the phone ring. He checks the phone, its "Chashmish" calling. Sidharth checks the time, it's still 7:00 am. He is surprised as to why was she calling him this early. Isn't she in the palace?

Sidharth: Hello!

Sana: Good Morning Sir! I need to take sick leave today.

Sidharth: What? Where are you? What happened to you? (Shocked)

Sana: I am in my room. And..

He pushes her room door and it opens. He was already there even before she could speak. She immediately pulls over the blanket to cover her face.

He comes and sits beside her on the bed.

Sidharth: What happened Sana?

He tries to pull the blanket but she has held it tightly.

Sana: I am not well. I need a sick leave please.

Sidharth: Yes, You can take leave but tell me atleast what happened to you? Let me call the doctor. (He starts dialling the number)

Sana: No No No!! Please don't call the doctor. I will be fine on my own.

Sidharth: But what has happened to you? Are you feeling cold?

Sana: Yes, I feeling very cold.

Sidharth: Okay, let me check your forehead, will check the temperature and if it's necessary will call the doctor.

Sana: Sir, I told you I'll be fine, I just need some rest.

Sidharth finds something fishy, he pulls the blanket off her face firmly. She covers her face with her hands. He touches her neck to check the temperature, it was normal.

Sidharth: What is it Sana? What are you hiding? Tell me else I am not going to sanction your leave.

Sana: (removes her hand from her face) This is wrong!!

Sidharth laughs like hell looking at her. Her lips were swollen and purple due to the love bite.

Sidharth: No, I am not granting you leave.

Sana: As an employee, it my right to take sick leave.

Sidharth: Okay, Mrs. Sana Singhania, give a written leave application stating a reason that you are taking leave because you have got a love bite on your lips. (Laughs)

Sana: Okay, if you aren't giving me sick leave then I'll come to office but I'll wear a board in my neck that this was done by my husband, Mr. Sidharth Singhania.

Sidharth: I don't mind. Atleast people like your sensible Asim will stay away from you.

Sana: Sidharth, what would you have done if you were in my place?

Sidharth: (in a husky voice) Not my fault, if you can't be as good as me at kissing baby!

Sana: (blushes first then frowns) Okay fine. I am taking off without notice. You may deduct my salary.

Sidharth: How is that possible? You owe loan to the company, if you start taking so many leaves without pay how will we deduct money from your salary?

Sana: Arrghh!! What do you want?

Sidharth: Aha!! I don't want anything. It's a punishment for whatever you did last night.

Sana: Fine, it's so embarrassing, yet I will come to office like this. I hate you for this.

Sidharth: Oh!! Is it? When did you love me?

Sana: Whatever!!

After Sid leaves, she calls Malini to get ice for her. She applies ice to reduce the swelling. After she feels the swelling is reduced, she conceals the mark with dark lipstick shade.