Chapter 7

Shehnaaz reaches the office and meets Ms. D'Souza, the company secretary, who gives her the office ID and Access card and briefs her about the company structure, the share holders, board members, her roles and responsibilities. She hands out few supporting documents to her to study and note down.

Mr. Arvind, the executive manager gives her few basic information on working of company.

Shehnaaz could not get any leads in the office yet since she was kept busy understanding about company. She understands that it would take longer time since it was a huge company and getting into the technicalities would take her few days. She has to be extra cautious in inquiring about the case since she is new. She decides to build a rapport with employees before she starts with moving ahead.

At around 4pm she gets call from Sid who asks her to come to palace. Shehnaaz goes back to palace. She is told by Mahesh that he is waiting for her in his room. She goes to his room and finds Sid seated on the Sofa chair bent forward with his fingers interlocked and clenching his jaws. She could tell by the look at it that he was raged.

 She could tell by the look at it that he was raged

Shehnaaz: Good Evening Sir

Sid: (Looks at her by raising his head, the anger clearly visible in his eyes) What is so good about this evening Ms. Thakur?

Shehnaaz: I am sorry Sir. How may I help you?

Sid: I want to know why is my bank  balance is so low and why are my credit cards not working?

FlashBack:
RS sitting in the dinning chair, taking a last bite of her breakfast signs Shehnaaz to be seated. She gets up from her chair and walks close to Shehnaaz wiping her hands and face with a tissue and placing it on the table.

Shehnaaz: Good Morning Ma'am

RS: Good Morning Shehnaaz. I was informed by the butler that Sidharth was last seen coming out of your room early in the morning. Sidharth is not one of the early riser, what happened Ms. Thakur?

Shehnaaz: Yes Ma'am, he was highly intoxicated at night when he mistook my room to be his and since he passed out, I had no option but to allow him to sleep there. He left the room in the morning when he realised that he was in a wrong room.

RS: (shakes her head in disgust) I am extremely embarrassed and sorry for his behaviour Shehnaaz.

Shehnaaz: Not a problem Ma'am

RS: It is, Shehnaaz. He has to take things seriously now else he will lose everything. Please make sure that his bank accounts are maintained at minimum balance and all his credit cards are put on hold.

Shehnaaz: Sure Ma'am.

RS: If he enquires, then tell him that he would be paid his salary at the end of this month.

Shehnaaz: Ok Ma'am.

RS: Also, I shall be out of the town for an important client meeting this week. Please make sure to ask him about his preferences to find a bride and accordingly work on getting a list prepared.

Shehnaaz: Alright, Ma'am.

Flashback ends

Sid: Are you listening?

Shehnaaz: Yes Sir, it's an instruction from Mrs. Singhania and I've been told to inform you that your salary would be paid into your account by this month end.

Sid gets up and comes closer to Shehnaaz. As he comes nearer by every step, she takes a step backwards until she hits the wall behind.

Sid looks into her eyes enraged, she looks straight into his eyes without any fear since she is knows how to defend if anyone attacks her. Sid's face is just few inches away from her face.

Sid: Fuck You and your damn irritating Ma'am!!

Shehnaa thoughts - I would have punched his face if I was not bound by my duty on such words, but I choose to avoid. She places a palm on his chest and pushes him firmly but not to harshly which sends him a little away by a step. She says 'Excuse me, Sir' and leaves the room.

She shuts the door of her room, sits on the bed and punches the head rest with her fist in anger. What the hell does he think of himself? I need to teach him some manners on how to behave with his employees. He doesn't own me that he could use such words on me.

Sid still standing at the same place where Shehnaaz left him thinking what just happened. He couldn't forget her fierce eyes which straight looked into his. His anger is burned to ashes and he realizes that it was bad on his part to say such words to her when she was just following the instruction of Mrs. Singhania.

'My hate for Mrs. Singhania is getting toxic for myself and others. I regret using that word to Chashmish. If I were her, I would have smacked the person who behaves like this. She didn't fight back and it's bothering and killing me from inside. I have to apologise to her. But Sidharth Singhania never apologize and she is my employee after all.

I miss Maa. What's difference between me and Mr. and Mrs. Singhania? They too considered Maa as only their employee. I wouldn't have tolerated them using such words at Maa ever. I ought to say sorry to Chashmish for my behaviour. If not for hurting her but for hurting Maa.'

Sid barges into Shehnaaz's room where Shehnaaz was unbuttoning her shirt to change. She immediately turns her back while Sid stood there still registering what happened. Shehnaaz quickly buttons her shirt and turns to him.

Shehnaaz: Excuse me, Sir. You are intruding my personal space. I know I am your employee but you should be aware that before entering someone's room you should be knocking on the door.

Sid: (His guilt and embarrassment is taken over by anger as he feels insulted) Hello!! Chashmish, you should be locking the door when you change clothes too.

Shehnaaz: I agree that I forgot to lock the door but I am sorry to say that it still does not justify your actions of not knocking the door before entering.

Sid: (is taken aback by her logics yet he doesn't want to give up) Whatever!!

Shehnaaz: And Sir, the name is...

Sid: (joins both his palms together as if praying) Shehnaaz!!!

Sid smirks and leaves the room. Shehnaaz is infuriated with his behavior and she slams the door and locks it before she changes into casuals.

__________
Fuel and Fire!! Clash of Titans!!🤭🤭

__________Fuel and Fire!! Clash of Titans!!🤭🤭

Stay tuned for upcoming parts!