Chapter 10

Sid: I haven't thought much about it but definitely not one having qualities of Mrs. Singhania. May be I want someone who is like my Maa who loved me selflessly, never bothered about making or running behind money, taking care of me, guiding me to walk on right path and always motivating me.

Shehnaaz thoughts - he is not bad at heart, the way he cared for my pain and took care of me, I thought it was all just out of guilt. But after listening to these words, I genuinely think he is good at heart. Circumstances have changed him and he is longing for some pure love like Radha Aunty had for him.

Shehnaaz: Nice thoughts Sir, but these traits will only be found out when you stay with someone. If you can talk about physical and educational requirements, I would be able to find few options, post which you can test them.

Sid: (back to his current self) She should be hot as hell, belong to rich family because if she has money, she would definitely not run behind money and should be well educated.

Shehnaaz: Right Sir! Though I differ a bit from what you said.

Sid: What are you talking about?

Shehnaaz: Not everyone is behind money always. A girl who belongs to poor or not so rich need not be greedy for money.

Sid: Is it? I have seen so many girls who drool over me for my money.

Shehnaaz: May be, but you are still in a cacoon. There are so many girls who work for their passion and love their family even if they don't have enough money.

Sid: Really?? For example??

Shehnaaz: For example, you just said Maa was selfless. Also, I don't work for money, I work for my passion.

Sid: I agree with Maa here but how can working as a personal secretary be a passion? How boring!!

Shehnaaz: (I wish I could tell him my passion towards serving my nation) Why not sir? I love interacting with people and serving someone who is in need. That's what personal secretary does.

Sid: Okay!! I wouldn't argue with you now. You can take rest for now and even me!

Shehnaaz: (What if his loneliness takes him back to the bar?) Sir, are you tired and sleepy? If not, then you can sit with me and I can give you company.

Sid: (smiles) Don't worry Chashmish, I will not go to the pub. I am tired and I would keep my promise as well.

Shehnaaz is shocked as to how he could read her mind. She nods and says good night.

Sid goes to his room, lies on his bed and thinks about the conversation he had with Shehnaaz on working for passion and for the first time after maa death, he could sleep well without griefing about her death and being drunk.

Next day morning, Shehnaaz wakes up as usual gets ready and goes to Sid's room to take his permission to go to office. She knocks on his door but there is no response. She knocks again but yet no response. She steps inside but he is nowhere to be found in his room.

Shehnaaz's thought - Where could he be? I was wrong, how could I trust him. He must have sneaked out to pub again at night and haven't returned yet. But, he doesn't have money. So what? He has his friends though. Rashmi, how could I forget that.

She goes to office and gets on with the business. She makes certain acquaintances apart from learning about the company's finances, investment and liabilities. In the evening, post-office hours, she heads back to palace.

She freshens up and goes to Sid's room. She knocks at the door.

Sid: (lying on his bed on his stomach) Come in.

Shehnaaz walks him, while he is still lying in the same position. She looks at him in dispair.

Shehnaaz thoughts - There he is, must have returned from pub after I left for office and slept. Complete bummer he is.

Shehnaaz: Good evening Sir.

Sid: Hey Chashmish! Where had you been all day?

Shehnaaz: At office. And the name is Shehnaaz, Sir.

Sid: Again? Ms. Shehnaaz Obsessed with name. You didn't meet me before leaving?

Shehnaaz: Sir, I would have, if you were at home.

Sid: (sit's up straight with surprise) What? I was at home itself the whole day.

Shehnaaz: (annoyed) I did came to your room in the morning but you were not there, Sir.

Sid: That's cause I was in my gym honey! I woke up at 8 am since I went to bed early and had a good sleep last night. Since I had nothing to do, I did gyming whole day. Now my whole body is hurting.

Shehnaaz: (shocked and feels guilty for doubting him) I am sorry, Sir.

Sid: For what Chashmish? Oh!! You thought I went to pub?

Shehnaaz: (nods in agreement) I am extremely Sorry Sir. I should have checked the palace and informed you before leaving.

Sid: (laughs) That's alright! Why do you add 'Sir' in every sentence? I feel like an old man. I am just 30, you are what 28 or 29? Almost around same age. You can call me Sid or Sidharth.

Shehnaaz: How is that possible Sir? I am your employee. Besides Mrs. Singhania may not like it.

Sid: I don't care about Mrs. Singhania but if you fear, you may call me Sir, infront of her and Sidharth when she is not around. Also, do your know that your salary is 4 times more than me? So stop feeling bad about our employee boss relationship.

Shehnaaz smiles and agrees to it.

Shehnaaz: Sir, I mean Mr. Sidharth let me brief you about company's financials.

Sid: Just Sid or Sidharth darling!!

Shehnaaz's thought just stuck on the word 'Darling'. How can people use words like honey, darling and sweetheart without emotions? People like me would consider it to be special and take it as a different emotions, if I didn't knew him.

Shehnaaz: Yes Sidharth

Sid: Wow!! My name sounds like music to my ears from your mouth!

Shehnaaz: (That's the worst cheesey pick up line I've ever heard) Hmm.. Okay Sidharth, post Mr. Singhania's death, the share prices have been falling down slowly. Investors are selling shares at lower rates with the fear of losing money in future due to change in leadership.

Sid: What does it imply?

Shehnaaz: It simply means you will have to buckle up and put double efforts to prove yourself and get back the company in shape to earn profits.

Sid: Great!! And looks like I would be out on roads because I still don't have any knowledge of handling business and I doubt if I can get even 1 Quarter to make profit.

Shehnaaz: Sidharth, first rule in life is being positive. I know it's difficult but not impossible. I am here to help you achieve this.

Sid: Okay, I will try without losing hope.

Shehnaaz: Also, I have pulled out list of profiles of some girls based on some assessable criteria's you mentioned earlier. (Handing over a file) Kindly select few and let me know so that I can send out invitation letters to them and arrange their stay.

Sid: Woah!! You are moving at bullet train speed. Okay! I'll have a look at it.

Shehnaaz: Mrs. Singhania will be back tomorrow so we need to be on our toes to get the marriage thing moving quickly. The 10 days period is just 3 days away.

Sid nods and Shehnaaz takes his permission to leave.

________________
Let me know if anytime you feel the story is getting boring. Suggestions are most welcome and appreciated.

They are just opening up to each other.

For new readers, you may check my other story Destined SidNaaz as well. ❤️