Chapter 35

After a tiring long working day they come back home. Twinkle Gill had cooked food today as Sana loved the taste of the food made by her.

Sidharth and entire Gill family sat together for dinner. Sana was elated to find her favourite food on the dinner table.

Sana: Bhabhi, I can tell with the smell itself that you cooked the food today. Thanks Bhabhi, I so missed it. (Hugs her)

Twinkle: I didn't know what Sidharth likes to eat, so I made Sana's favourite dishes. Sidharth, do let me know your favourite food so that tomorrow I can prepare it for you.

Sidharth: Honestly bhaabhi, more than food I always craved for some conversation while dinning with family. Today, I feel content dinning with you all.

Param: Do you know Sidharth, when I was 8 and Sana was 3, I asked her to look at the ceiling and when she looked up, I used to take all paneer from her plate. We both loved paneer and she used to wonder where did all the paneer go from her plate? I told her they flew away because they were scared that she will eat them and my poor goof ball believed it.

Everyone laughs while Sana sticks her tongue out at him teasing.

Sana: Why are you telling half stories Bhaiyya? We had a rule that we had to finish food and no wastage. So when dad cooked bitter gourd (Karela), which we both hated, I used to sneakingly put them into his plate and when he used to ask how those Bitter Gourd doubled in quantity, I told him that they loved his tummy so they flew from the serving bowl into his plate. And he had to finish them sitting for hours.

They were all laughing holding their stomach. Param twists Sana's ear and she hits him on shoulder.

Sukhwinder (Sukh): You two started to fight again like you both are 3 and 8 year old again.

Param: (hugs Sana) Yeah Papa, I missed my little munchkin so much. She is still younger than Sia to me and my favorite.

Sana: ..and you are my favourite! (She kisses him on his cheeks)

Param slaps her playfully since his face had a bit of gravy when she kissed him. Sana makes a cute pout and he pulls her cheeks.

Sidharth had never experienced such kind of incidents in his life as he didn't have any siblings nor had such good parents.

His thoughts - how I wish, I could keep them with me here forever. I craved for this love since time immemorial. I don't want to let them go! They are my family now.

Sidharth: Papa, why don't you people stay here with us? We are just two people in this huge palace. Param bhaiyya can also join our office itself.

Sukh: No, my son! We are happy as we are. We shall visit you now and then on festivals or so but we don't want to be a burden on you.

Sidharth: Why would you be a burden Papa? I am well to do person and I am capable of taking care of you.

Sana looks at him in surprise. On one side he shows full attitude and being rude to her but on the other side he wants her family to stay with him.

Param: It's not that Sidharth, I think even Sana will agree as she was an independent girl herself. See funded her own studies and expenses from the age of 15. She did odd jobs, took tuitions to meet her expenses.

Sidharth was surprised to hear this as he never got to know this side of Sana.

Param: Infact, Sana donates her excess money after deducting her expenses to orphanage and oldage. When we had Papa's operation, we didn't know how to arrange for money as even she had no savings even after working for so many years. Although she wasn't there during Papa's operation, nothing would have been possible without her help.

Sana: Bhaiyya, it's not because of me, it's all because of Sidharth that I could arrange for the money for Papa's surgery.

Sidharth felt ashamed as he felt he was selfish even while giving her loan. He did it in return of her agreeing to marry him and even now he was marrying her setting a condition of repaying the loan.

On the other hand he didn't wanted to forgive her so easily because she hid her identity even if it was her duty. He was disturbed as to why would she break her own clause and get intimate when she was disguised. She never told him that she had any kind of feelings for him too.

They all finish their dinner and disperse to their respective rooms. Sana was in a different room as they were unmarried.

The next day, they all go to the registrar's office and Sidharth and Sana get married. This time there wasn't any doubts in both of their minds before signing the documents as they both loved each other though they were too adamant to confess to each other.

As Sidharth and Sana insist to go to office, the Gills get surprised.

Sukh: You'll didn't have a traditional wedding but atleast we could go to temple for Lord's blessing and celebrate with feast at home for the day.

They agree and they visit the temple to pray followed by feast at the palace.

In the evening, they all play cards together. The maid comes and signals Twinkle and she gets up to go with her.

Sana: Where are you going bhaabhi? It's your turn to play.

Twinkle: I am going to your and Sidharth's room. We need to do some arrangement.

Sana understood what arrangements she was talking about.

Sana: (immediately and audibly) Bhaabhi, Sidharth is allergic to Jasmine!

Everyone around look at her in surprise.

Twinkle: Don't worry, we didn't get Jasmine, we've got roses! (Winks)

While everyone laughs, Sana feels embarrassed and Sidharth smiles. Sidharth remembers his previous allergy incident and how Sana took care of him.

When Sidharth and Sana go to their room, Sidharth locks the door, takes a pillow and sleeps on the sofa without speaking a single word. Sana frowns and she picks up the other pillow and sleeps on the carpet.

Sidharth: What's wrong? Why aren't you sleeping on the bed?

Sana: It's your bed, if you ain't sleeping than how can I?

He climbs down from the sofa, goes near her, lifts her up in bridal style. Sana glares at him but he doesn't look into her eyes with fear of melting away. He puts her on the bed, places some cushions in between, turns his back to her and sleeps on the bed. Sana smiles at her little victory and goes to sleep.

The next day, they reach office in the morning.

Sidharth: Ms. Gill, you won't be getting salary for yesterday as you were absent without notice.

Sana: (Shocked) But it was our wedding day, remember?

Sidharth: That's your personal problem, here its professional so you had to inform before taking leave which you have not done, so no salary.

Sana: (murmurs to herself) Yeah, exactly, my personal problem!! Problem = Sidharth Singhania.

Sidharth: Did you say something Ms. Gill?

Sana: Huhh!! Yes, Sir, my name has been changed to Mrs. Sana Sidharth Singhania, I am no more Ms. Gill.

Sidharth: Yeah!! Nothing new, your name keeps changing more quickly than the weather.

Sana: What? (Frowns)

Sidharth: (clears his throat) Nothing, just get you name updated in our system. Now read me out my schedule for today.

_________________________________

So guys, are you'll liking the on and off Mr. Khadus Sidharth?

Vote if you like the story!!
❤️❤️