Chapter 13: Lost Respect

You finally finished doing all the chores that Ynna have assigned to you. Since yesterday, you forgot about her existence again and she has to walk all the way back to your house, in the rain, all alone, with no umbrella or anything. So for your punishment, you have to do ALL the chores that she assigned to you while she relax the whole morning.

"Ynna! I'm done!" you yelled from your room.  "Okay! Thanks for doing the chores! For once!" Ynna yelled back from her own room. You stood up from your bed and grabbed a folder that contains important documents--precisely, your future invention. You were planning to go to SFIT this month and you have been working on your invention for a while now. You sat on your swivel chair and placed your folders on your own study table. You know Callaghan was hard to impress so you need to brain storm a lot (you don't know Callaghan is in jail).

You grabbed a pen from your pen holder before making changes to your invention. You erased some of old formulas and wrote your new ones. Hours of doing your invention, you can't seem to get the right formulas even though you knew what your invention would look like and what it would do. When you study your formulas, you would always crumple it and throw it in the trash can, and you always miss it.

"Oh gosh..." you mumbled as your hands found their way to your messy (H/C) hair. Your groaned in irritation for you cannot think any formula would do great for your invention. So many times you have tried but you just can't and the last thing you wanted to do was to ask Hiro or Tadashi for help.

"(Y/N)! Someone is here!" Ynna yelled from downstairs. Your grip on your hair tightened and you yelled back, "I'm busy! Tell that person to go leave today! I'm not in a mood to talk to anyone!" there was silence after that and you have guessed Ynna told that person to leave already. You took hold of your pen again and started scribbling random formulas, hoping that one of them could work atleast. Suddenly, someone knocked your door. Guessing it was Ynna, you let her come inside you room.

"What is it Ynna?" you questioned, not looking at her.

"I'm hurt. You don't know your own mother?"

Without hesitation, you turned to the direction of the voice and saw Seline, standing there with a fake hurt face. You quickly let go of your pen before standing up from your swivel chair. Your once serious face was instantly replaced by a poker face one. "What are you doing here?" you asked, closing your folder and delicately placing the pen back to its holder. Seline faked a coughed before responding, "I lived her once didn't I? So I think this is my house still. Anyway, how's life? I haven't heard from you since..."

"Seven years? Yeah, I wonder why? Probably because I don't know where you were, you changed your phone number and probably married another man and left me with my dad." you stated, glaring at Seline as you did. Seline gave you a sad smile before sitting herself on your bed. A steam rose from your head as she sat. Seline's hands were on her lap as she crossed er legs. You quietly sat back on your swivel chair, still staring at your so called mother.

"Sweetie, how are you?" Seline questioned and you rolled your eyes. "It's okay."  you bitterly replied and crossed your arms. Seline smiled at that, "That's good to hear. Say, did you know that my officemate just got married and she's having a baby?!" Seline said, grinning as she tells the news. You shrugged, "No. Don't care." you responded, looking back to your folder. You were itching to finish your invention but Seline just won't let you do so.

"Okay then. I got promoted at my work." Seline said and you nodded boredly. "Good for you, why don't you tell that to your new husband and your new child? Maybe they would care more than I do 'cause I really don't care, Seline." you said, making sure that you harshly spoke her name. Seline's smile faded a little but there was a small amount left. "(Y/N), please, respect me. I'm older than you and no matter what happens, I'm still your mother who gave you life." Seline spoke, her teeth gritting a little in anger.