Chapter 19: Hardships of A Hamada || revising

You didn't tell Ynna what you did yesterday and you had no intention of doing so, not even in the neat future. It was something you're not even a bit proud of and you want to keep it to yourself as much as possible. Besides, telling Ynna about your little shenanigan in the cafe will earn you an earful and loads of chores, something you did not want.

You're currently fixing your room, finding it was too messy for a girl like you. Sweat beaded your body and the heat coming from the sun rays that seeped though your half open window didn't help. As you were about to throw away the things you suppose as useless, something caught your attention underneath your study table, something cold and broken. With a frown, you set the garbages down on one side and carefully took the object into your grasp.

Tears of nostalgia gathered in your eyes and you had to wipe them away as soon as you saw what it was. It was an old yet uniquely designed picture frame. In the frame was a picture of you and Tadashi, with Hiro  on his shoulders. You were grinning brightly, your pearly white set of teeth showing, in the picture while doing the oh so cliche peace sign. Tadashi had his cap in reverse, as he copied your overly happy expression while balancing Hiro on his shoulders. Hiro, however, was scowling adorably at the camera, arms crossed as he held a barbeque in his hand. You didn't know what age this picture was taken but it somehow made you emotional.

I miss this.

"If you only showed up, Tadashi. All you had to do was show up for me," You uttered to yourself as you slid your finger on his form on the picture, ignoring the flips your stomach was doing.

You jolted in shock when your phone vibrated in your pocket. Scowling, you took it and checked your message.

Tadashi:

Hey (Y/N). I'm at the cafe right now! I heard some lunatic hurt you! Aunt Cass thought it was me! I can never hurt you. Anyways, are you okay?

You replied back.

(Y/N):

Yeah, I'm fine! Thanks for asking! *random emoticons*

Tadashi

That's good to hear! I was dying of worry! Do you mind coming over to the cafe? I want some company! *random emoticons*

You rolled your eyes at his message but chuckled.

(Y/N):

Sure! I do want to come over! Wait for me?

Tadashi:

Of course! See you :D

You grabbed your purse, did your hair as fast as you can and headed downstairs. You saw Ynna emerge from the kitchen and you quickly told her, "I'm going to the cafe! Don't need wait up for me, okay? Bye!" Then you left.