diez

And if the sky falls I'll catch it
Just to steal you a star
I'll ride into battle for you
Just so we could
We could be free

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

OMNISCIENT

Zavina paced the waiting room, completely ignoring the pain in her ankle. "Zav, don't strain your ankle," Hanalei sighed. "I don't care, I just need to know if Manu's okay," the brunette said.

Just then, Joel entered the waiting room. "Hey, everything okay?" he asked. "What are you doing here? Ah, whatever. They're still treating Manuel," Hanalei responded on behalf of Zavina.

Joel wondered who Manuel was, but he decided to stay shut.

"Family of Manuel Hernandez?" a doctor asked as he walked into the waiting room. Zavina went straight ahead towards him. "I'm his mother," she said. That, left Joel rather speechless.

"Well, he's okay it was just a panic attack. He's still a little shaken up though," the doctor said to her. "Everything's okay so you can take him home," he added and Zavina thanked him as he excused himself.

The girl rushed to where they had her son, and immediately pulled him into her arms. "Ay mi amor, you okay?" she asked softly, looking down at him.

"I'm fine mami, can we go home?" the boy asked and the girl nodded. "I'll just settle things at the front desk, go to Aunt Hana," Zavina said and he did as told.

"Hey big guy, how you feeling?" Hanalei asked as the boy went up to her in the waiting room. "I'm okay," he shrugged.

"Who are you?" Manuel asked when he noticed Joel next to Hanalei. The Mexican smiled. "I'm Joel, Hana's friend," he introduced himself.

"I'm Manuel," he responded, putting out his hand to Joel for him to shake. Joel chuckled, shaking the boy's hand. "Nice to meet you Manuel," he smiled.

Zavina settled everything and went back to the waiting room. "Hey, everything's done. Chiquito, ven, your abuelita's waiting at home," Zavina said as she reached out to hold her son's hand.

They all went outside and Zavina stayed to talk to Joel for a bit since she didn't earlier.

"Thanks for coming," she said to him. "Don't worry bout it. How old is he?" he asked. "Seven," she responded. "Where's his dad? Does he know what happened?" Joel asked again.

Zavina simply shrugged but smiled at him. "He's... out of the picture," she shrugged. "Oh- I'm sorry, I didn't mean to," Joel quickly apologized once he realized.

"It's fine, you didn't know," Zavina shrugged. "I should go, my mom's at home and all," she started to say. "Yeah, yeah of course. See you soon, I hope," he muttered the last part but she heard him.

"Yeah, goodnight," she smiled and he nodded. He helped open the front passenger seat for her and peaked his head in. "Drive safe," he said to Hanalei who was in the driver's seat.

"Yes sir," she responded with a small laugh.

───── ❝ 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐚𝐝𝐢 ❞ ─────

short but hey its sumthin

manu is her son... the father is "out of the picture"... wonder what that means 👀

also ignore mistakes i didn't properly proofread bubye