treinta y seis

Una noche rota
Fue la última vez que te perdí
Una vida loca
Cuando sin querer me despedí

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

OMNISCIENT

Joel straightened out his tie, then buttoned up the sleeves of his suit. The rest of the boys were waiting for him downstairs before they headed to the venue.

The girls on the other hand, were getting ready at Erick and Adriana's place.

They had planned a birthday party for Erick and Dilara; since they obviously shared the same birthday, and it was held at the rooftop of a hotel.

Once everyone was ready, they all headed to the hotel.

Joel was nervous, since he had an extra surprise for his girlfriend; that everyone was in on.

••••

The party was going great, everyone was having fun.

"Hey birthday girl," Joel said as he walked up to Dilara from behind and snaked his arms around her waist.

The girl looked up at him and smiled. "Hey," she said. "I have a surprise for you," he said to her.

The girl laughed lightly. "What is it?" she asked. "You'll see," he winked. "I'll be back," he said, kissing her cheek before walking away.

Dilara chuckled, before turning back to the girls. "I wonder what's the surprise," Renae teased, taking a sip of her wine.

"Oh God, don't tell me you all know," Dilara sighed. "Look," Evaluna said, gesturing to the small stage in the front.

Joel was standing there, a microphone in hand as he looked to his side to talk to the technician about something.

By then, eveyone was paying attention. When everything was ready, Joel cleared his throat and tested the microphone.

"Okay hi hello everyone, thanks for coming on this fine evening," he started off.

"And of course, happy birthday to Erick and Dilara. Erick's my literal brother and we're all thankful to have him as part of us in our journey to where we are now, we love you bud. I would say more but then we'll never get out of here so yeah. And Dilara, girl where do I start?" he chuckled.

"From the first time I met you at that party when we celebrated winning La Banda, you always caught my eye. I remember when we both finally grew some balls and asked each other to the Latin AMA'S; literally at the same time. And I remember our first kiss was in your living room and the boys just barged in outta nowhere," he said, causing the guests to laugh.

"But yeah we've had our ups and downs. The times I did you wrong but you're always so forgiving, and I thank you for that. Because all that time without you, especially the past two years; was living hell. I was giving up at some point, but Luna, she was the one that kept me fighting. Our little girl is quite the angel if I say so myself," he chuckled softly, his eyes glossy as he met her eyes in the crowd.

The girl had small tears rolling down her cheeks as she smiled at him.

"So yeah I spent that whole time without you, and I wouldn't wanna have to go through that again. I need you in my life Dilara, I wouldn't want it any other way," he said, making his way off the stage and a few steps towards her since she was quite in front.

"You know how much I'm in love with you, so this time I'm doing it grander- and definitely better than the first time," he chuckled.

Joel took a velvet box out of his pocket and knelt down on one knee, causing the crowd to gasp and 'aw' while Dilara was in tears.

"Will you make me the happiest person on earth, and do me the honours of officially being my soulmate? Dilara, will you marry me?" he asked, a smile on his face as he watched the girl nod.

"Yes! Yes, I'll marry you," she said and everyone cheered.

Joel got on his feet and took the ring out, slipping it onto her ring finger before hugging her tightly.

With his arms wrapped around her, he said into the microphone, "The last time I did this it was on her roof. Now it's on a hotel roof- talk about an upgrade," he joked and they all erupted into laughter.

Dilara pulled away from hug and cupped his face. "I love you," she said and he smiled. "I love you more," he said, leaning in to kiss her.

They pulled away and she squealed. "We're getting married!" she geeked and friends and family came to congratulate the couple.

He got her back, and he definitely secured her for himself.

───── ❝ 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐚𝐝𝐢 ❞ ─────

writing the final chapter as we speak. i'm emotional; it's not about anything sad or wtv but it's just the fact that we're almost done with this whole series.

pls i'm crying ugh

today's been quite a day