veinticinco

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

OMNISCIENT

Dilara stood at the balcony, staring blankly into the view of the city. Anthony hasn't came back for the past two days, who knows where the hell he went.

Just then she heard knocks on the door. The girl quickly went to the door, assuming it was Anthony so she just opened it.

Instead she saw a man and a woman. "Uhm can I help you?" she asked. "You're Dilara Grace Colon, right?" the woman asked.

"Yes. Who are you two?" she asked them back. "I'm Detective Maria Sanchez, this is Detective Philip Murphy. We're here to tell you two things, can we come in?" the lady said.

Dilara was confused, but nodded and let them in. They settled in the living room to talk.

"So we're here because Anthony Martinez, the one that's been keeping you here-" Detective Philip said but Dilara cut him off. "He's been taking care of me," she said.

"Okay, but he's been arrested yesterday," he said. Dilara's eyes widened. "What? Why?" she asked.

"He was caught dealing drugs," he said. "Second reason we're here is because we got a report a week ago that you were missing. You were supposed to be dead since two years ago, but your family found out you're alive," he said again.

Dilara scoffed. "Dead? They left me there in that car to die. If anything it was them that faked my death," she spat.

"Erick Colon, your brother, reported you missing. And they also told their side of the story. So whether you like it or not you're gonna have to come with us to help us settle things," Detective Maria said.

The brunette nodded. "Let me get my things," she said and they gave a few minutes.

••••

Erick got a phone call from the police station and rushed there immediately with Adriana and Joel. The others stayed back since clearly they know better than to crowd the whole station.

They entered a private room and basically froze at the sight. Dilara was sat at the table, a mug in hand.

The girl gulped when she saw them. The thought, or well the story that was planted inside her head, of them leaving her in that burning car to die, was practically killing her inside.

"We'll leave you guys alone," Detective Philip said as he left the room and closed the door.

Erick made his way towards the table and sat across of his sister, his wife sitting next to him.

"Hermana," he let out. The girl stayed shut, looking down at her mug. Joel stood by the door, staring at the girl.

"Where have you been?" Erick asked his sister. "Away," she said. "Why were you with Anthony? You know what he did-" he started to say but Dilara cut him off.

"Compared to what you guys did he's way better," she spat.

The three of them sat there, dumbfounded.

"What are you talking about?" Adriana asked the girl. "Oh don't play dumb now. You guys left me there to die. Since you really don't want me in your lives anymore, it's best we all just stay away from each other," Dilara said, getting up.

The girl walked for the door but Joel grabbed her arm, stopping her.

"Where will you stay?" he asked, turning slightly to look at her. The girl chuckled, looking straight ahead.

"I can survive on my own," she spat, pulling her arm out of his grip.

"Come back home. If you want I'll leave, stay somewhere else," Joel told her. "No," she said.

"I don't care. You're coming home." Joel demanded. "Guys," he nodded at the other two before grabbing Dilara's arm and walking out of the room.

"Detective, we're taking her home," Joel said to the two partners outside. "Of course," Detective Maria nodded.

"You can't take me against my goddamn will," Dilara fought as he dragged her out to the car.

He let go of her arm and turned to her, inching in on the girl.

"I don't what the fuck he put into your head, but you're coming home. If you don't wanna be near me fine, I'll stay somewhere else. There's people that need you," Joel said firmly.

She scoffed, "Yeah right. Should've thought about that when you left me."

"Whatever bullshit he told you about us 'leaving you', it never happened. It was you that left. We thought you died. You threw up blood all over me, I watched as they lowered you into the ground, holding our baby in my arms. It's you that owes us an explanation," Joel told her.

Erick and Adriana watched from the side of the car as Joel pacified her.

"What baby?" Dilara questioned.

Joel sighed and simply opened the car door. The girl just looked between the open door and him. "Get in," he demanded.

The girl simply complied and got in. Erick got into the driver's seat with Adriana next to him as Joel sat in the back with Dilara.

The whole car ride was silent. There was somewhat a tension, mostly between Joel and Dilara.

How were they gonna know the truth if she herself had no clue?

───── ❝ 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐚𝐝𝐢 ❞ ─────

i love doin lil questions at the end of chapters LMAOOOO

yes they have her now, but i wonder how are they gonna smack the senses into her brain? 🤔