diecisiete

❝ Here's to the ones that we got
Cheers to the wish you were here, but you're not
'Cause the drinks bring back all the memories
Of everything we've been through

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

OMNISCIENT

Today Joel's bringing Zavina out on a quick tea break. He dropped Luna off at his mom's before driving over to the coffee shop.

He took a seat at a table for two in a corner and took out his phone.

He was so engrossed in his scrolling that he didn't realise the girl had entered. "Hola," she greeted as she took a seat in front of him.

Joel finally looked up from his phone and smiled. "Hey, sorry I was watching some stuff," he chuckled. "It's fine," she shrugged.

The two proceeded to order and talk more.

On the outside of the coffee shop, a brunette was walking around the street. It's not often that she could go out, but she finally could; secretly.

She pulled her beanie slightly lower and tucked her hands into the pocket of her hoodie.

She stopped dead in her tracks when she saw him sat in that coffee shop, smiling and laughing with another girl.

She clenched her jaw at the sight.

Joel happened to look her way, and caught her eye. The girl inhaled sharply, turning back around and walking away.

The Mexican was beyond confused, and shocked.

He knew exactly who she was.

But if he told others who would've believed him?

••••

"So, when's the next time you're free?" he asked her as he parked in her complex's parking lot.

"Well technically it's you with a busy schedule," she chuckled, "I'd either be here with Manu or at the club," she shrugged.

Joel chuckled softly, nodding. "Of course, if anything I'll text you," he said to her and the girl nodded.

He waited until she was inside before leaving to his home.

He opened the door, and walked inside, locking the door behind him. The house felt empty and lonely, especially with the fact Luna was staying over at his mom's tonight.

He turned on the lights, and there was one thing in mind.

All the time and memories he shared with Dilara in that house, brought tears to his eyes.

And then he thought about the girl he saw at the coffee shop.

He shrugged it off when he started overthinking.

It can't be.

───── ❝ 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐚𝐝𝐢 ❞ ─────